collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Price Check for FS AJ, Blossomforth & Twilight's Balloon with flaws  (Read 834 times)

Offline m1nt3a

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Hey there I have a fashion style Applejack, and a Blossomforth toy, and Twilight Sparkle's Twinkling Balloon, all in the box. I have searched this forum for price checks but I don't know if the numbers apply to my toys because they have a few minor flaws.

The first is a very small (like the tip of a needle) black dot on her head. I don't know for sure but I suspect it might be removable because I've managed to get small marks off other ponies that I have unboxed. Pics is linked below but it's more opaque in real life.

www.bayimg.com/mAnapAaek

The second flaw is what appears to be glue between the outer plastic shell and the lower label attached to it. I tried cleaning the outside with rubbing alcohol but that didn't remove it so I think it's on the inside. It's way more visible at some angles than others but I tried to show it in the pics.

www.bayimg.com/nAnafAAEk
www.bayimg.com/NANahAAek
www.bayimg.com/naNaiaaek

Here are some more pics.
www.bayimg.com/NANajAaek
www.bayimg.com/nAnakAAeK

The Blossomforth toy's only flaw is the faint marks on the inside of the plastic shell. I tried taking pics but my camera isn't very good so they don't show up well. They're the regular markings on the plastic that almost all MLP toys have. I'm wondering whether I can call her MIB or whether that would be deceitful.

I got a Twilight Sparkle's Twinkling Balloon for my birthday and there was a sticker on it that I used rubbing alcohol to remove. This caused the area around the sticker to lighten a little.

www.bayimg.com/OaNAaaAeK Top view. Mark is to the right of the My Little Pony logo.
www.bayimg.com/oANaBaaek Front view just because.

So I'd like to know how much I should sell them for, and if it's advisable to sell the FS AJ as a set with the other FS ponies (I have all of them).
Oh! And I'd like to know whether these toys can still be considered mint-in-box because I don't know if people consider things like little marks on the plastic to be flaws.
I have done research on my own into the prices of these items but I don't know if the prices I see are correct because there are high price listings for every MLP toy and some are rip offs and some are not.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:58:19 PM by m1nt3a »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Sold my Aj loose for 60.00 with most accesories
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline m1nt3a

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Sold my Aj loose for 60.00 with most accesories
Thank you for the information.

So far I've learned that loose AJs with no accessories go for $60-75, loose with accessories go for 65-100, and I saw a few ebay auctions for MIB applejacks that ended recently and they ended at 225 and 260.

I think I saw your post on a FS Applejack before and I kept that number in mind but the problem I have is determining how big the flaws on my Applejack are, and then deciding on a price/starting price for her (if I auction her off).

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Not really sure the prices but I would be interested in the twinkling balloon when you do sell it.
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I would say $100 -120 ish for applejack with accs, she does fluctate as you have seen some times you will get more sometimes less
$15 - 20 for blossomforth
I am not sure on the balloon but I thought they were really common so I would say a couple of bucks for that one, maybe $5 tops?

Personally I would sell applejack and blossomforth by themselves rather than in a lot

Offline m1nt3a

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
I would say $100 -120 ish for applejack with accs, she does fluctate as you have seen some times you will get more sometimes less
$15 - 20 for blossomforth
I am not sure on the balloon but I thought they were really common so I would say a couple of bucks for that one, maybe $5 tops?

Personally I would sell applejack and blossomforth by themselves rather than in a lot
TY for the price suggestions. I hope the light spots on the packaging of the balloon don't lower its value too much. And I recently saw a Blossomforth out of the box go for $27 on ebay so I plan on asking for a slightly higher price.

Not really sure the prices but I would be interested in the twinkling balloon when you do sell it.
I plan on putting it on ebay and I'll let you know if I do.
EDIT: Actually I'm gonna try craigslist first.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:56:22 PM by m1nt3a »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
I was told at the fair that some sold their FS Applejack for $80, so I would agree!

Edited to add: LOOSE applejack.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:52:17 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
The flaws you are describing are not ones which normally influence the end price of a MIB item.

For you MIB Applejack I would certainly put her on ebay first - you will get the best price for her there. I actually would put her at $170-180 MIB at the moment.

$12-14 for MIB Blossomforth.

As for the Balloon. Yes they were super common and occasionally you can find them super discounted but I still think retail or a little above $24-25 is what its worth if you were putting it on ebay. If selling it here, where people can help one another pick it up cheaper. $15-16 is more likely.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
And if you sell it here let me know would love to buy it!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline m1nt3a

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
The flaws you are describing are not ones which normally influence the end price of a MIB item.

For you MIB Applejack I would certainly put her on ebay first - you will get the best price for her there. I actually would put her at $170-180 MIB at the moment.

$12-14 for MIB Blossomforth.

As for the Balloon. Yes they were super common and occasionally you can find them super discounted but I still think retail or a little above $24-25 is what its worth if you were putting it on ebay. If selling it here, where people can help one another pick it up cheaper. $15-16 is more likely.
Thank you very much for your response. My greatest fear was selling my items and having the buyer feel I had lied to them because there were minor flaws.

I guess I'll put my Applejack on ebay, and I think I'll try and sell Twilight's Balloon to snwbear24.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions. I'm gonna update this thread's title now.

And if you sell it here let me know would love to buy it!
I'd be more than happy to sell you Twilight's Balloon. I have to be somewhere in a few min but I'll send you a pm when I get back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal