collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What does your wedding band look like?  (Read 436 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
What does your wedding band look like?
« on: May 24, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
Hmmm just curious. My wife said now that we are married she will buy me a new one. I've had my original one since 2009, and I'll admit it's pretty beat up. It's just a silver Claddagh and not the most expensive ring, but I wear it everywhere.

I'm not a huge jewlery person. I only have three rings: my Claddagh, a ring I've had since junior high and then a lovely cameo (I adore cameo rings) my mother had made for me when I graduated college. Typically I don't wear the other two rings like outside doing yard work or around the house and such, but I wear my wedding band all the time. It's pretty dinged up since I'm rough on things. I'll admit I would like a new band. I'm not sure what I want exactly though, and I've been trying to search through different ones.

My mom has tried to help with suggestions, but her bands are pretty blingy and the one she wears now is probably worth a third of my house. Honestly if my wife could spend that much I would tell her to just buy me another horse. :lookround:

Anyway if you're up for it tell me about your wedding band or pictures are neat as well! Is yours simple or really flashy?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: What does your wedding band look like?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:54 AM »
It's non-existent! XD :rofl: One day though, my dream is to have a white gold ring with a sapphire surrounded by little diamonds. A girl can dream, right?

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:25:26 AM »
I don't wear jewellery, but if I had to, it'd be a plain iron band.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »
Honestly if my wife could spend that much I would tell her to just buy me another horse. :lookround:

LOL!  I've been there ;)  In fact, my husband and I joke a lot to each other (and even other people) that I'm a low-maintenance wife because I don't ever want flowers or jewelry.  Just horses and My Little Ponies :P

My wedding band came in a set with the engagement ring and is a pretty fine, white gold band with 3 small and 6 pretty tiny diamonds on it.  I love it; it's a beautiful ring and a beautiful set completely, but honestly I don't wear them as much as I'd really like to.  I've had to have the shiny coating on the gold redone almost every year because I'm just too active outdoors, and I live in almost constant fear of accidentally losing one of the diamonds!  I completely understand your concerns about something fancy for that reason!

My husband's band, on the other hand, was (there's a long, pretty unbelievable story of a crow flying off with his... that's why it "was") a simple white gold band that had a brushed center stripe going around it, if that makes sense.  He specifically didn't want fancy, and so I picked something that was fancier than just a plain old band, but still classy enough that he was comfortable wearing it.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 04:52:13 AM »
My husband and I have matching wedding bands (celtic love knot etching around the outer ring and engraving on the inside). The only difference between ours is the thickness of the bands. When we picked out our bands we wanted something that looked similar to white gold/sterling silver but that would be durable and fairly scratch resistant so we opted for Titanium rings which turned out to be beautiful :)

I love that our rings have a simple design but with a deep personal meaning and they were just a fraction of the cost. Neither of us are jewelry people and I have never seen the point of spending a fortune on jewelry, I would never want something so expensive that I'm likely to get robbed for it lol.

Spoiler

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »
Mine's a plain white gold band, very basic and classic.  Considering I've had to replace my husband's once already, I'd rather have something I can just pop into any jeweler and buy.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
My brother and his new wifey both have two wedding bands. They have the 'official' bands, which are fancy (SIL's on the left obvs, brother's in the middle. Hers is vintage to go with her 20's engagement ring, and his is hand made by a local silversmith.)

(photo via Kory Johnson Photography)

But then they also both got 'everyday' bands that they can wear. Since she's a teacher and artist and my brother works with his hands a lot, they decided it would be more practical to have some less precious jewelry for every day wear. So my brother has a ring that's made from an old english coin, and SIL has something similar (though I haven't actually seen hers yet.) 

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
Well, we aren't married yet, but I can show my engagement ring. It's quite simple, and we designed them ourselves. When we get married, I'll most probably get a matching band in gold with several black diamonds like the one I have in my ring, only thinner.
The big one is David's of course, and the small one is mine.

But how about you get a new claddagh, if you really like it, only in a more durable material? Gold or maybe titanium?

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
This may not be your cup of tea, but I highly recommend going to pawn shops and finding something there.  The cost is so much better than jewelry stores and you can often find the same styles plus other things.  Or ebay except with ebay you can't try things on. 

My ring actually came from ebay.  It is a carved band. I didn't want stones but I wanted something decorated.  It is simple but not plain.

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »
Here's what my wedding ring looks like. It has 6 very small diamonds around it. The ring with the bigger diamond is my engagement ring that I'm wearing (as per tradition) in front of my wedding band:

Hubby's wedding band is the same as mine, just without the tiny diamonds :P

All 3 rings are made of white gold :) My engagement ring was bought in Singapore since we got engaged over there (hubby had to work in Singapore as a part of his job training). The worst part is I had been teasing him for a long while about when we'd get engaged and he'd been going around with the ring for about 1 month waiting to pop the question :P Hubby liked the prices of the store's rings so we bought our wedding bands from the same shop.

Oh yes I forgot to mention our wedding bands have each other's names engraved inside/under the ring along with our wedding date and year :) So mine has hubby's name and his has mine and both include the wedding date. So hubby has no excuse to forget the date :lol:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:30:33 AM by ponybabe »

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »
mine is just a simple white gold band.  Not frills. 

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »
OOH!  Are we allowed to post etsy links that are not to our own pages?  If so, there's a jewelry maker on there that uses recycled precious metals that will custom make you pretty much any ring you want!  Very reasonable prices, starting at like $85 for a relatively plain band to sky's the limit, if you want something super fancy.  When I lost my first gelding to a heart attack, I commissioned a ring inscribed with some things appropriate towards remembering Billers and the face of the ring has a small watch glass with a lock of his tail hair in it.  I cannot recommend this guy highly enough, if this is something you'd be interested in!

Here's the link to the basic ring, and you can access his store through it.  If posting other people's Etsy pages is not allowed, I'm very, very sorry!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165543338/recycled-sterling-silver-ring-w?ref=listing-11

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »
Well since I just got engaged, I'll share mine! :). I am, of course, only wearing the engagement ring right now because we aren't married yet.

My fiancé knew I liked vintage-style rings. I just love the detail to the bands.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
I have a large blingy ring. We had a jeweler custom make a "jacket" that my engagement ring slides into with 6  smaller diamonds channel set on both sides.  My diamond was an "estate" piece that we put into a new setting. We saved a lot of money by buying an estate diamond. The engagement ring is in a "bezel" setting. 
The bezel and channel setting dont have claws to catch on things or get bent. They are smooth and its nearly imposible to loose a diamond from a bezel setting.

For our anniversary we are getting tattoos on our ring fingers. I work in a lab that Im not supposed to wear rings in. So I dont get to wear my ring as much as i want. And my husbands hands swell constantly so he cant wear any rings at all. He`s getting his on tuesday and Im getting mine on friday. Im excited and nervous.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal