collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Im trying to figure out what retail location people think is best for MLP G4's

Toys R Us
15 (37.5%)
Wal Mart
9 (22.5%)
K mart
0 (0%)
Target
16 (40%)
Other and tell us what it is
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: July 20, 2013, 05:11:11 PM

Author Topic: Best Retail Store for MLP G4  (Read 1200 times)

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
Best Retail Store for MLP G4
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
I want to know what location should I spend most my time and money in looking for MLP G4's and if you pick other please send comment what location you like.....thx  :biggrin:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Best Retail Store for MLP G4
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »
I think it can vary by region.  For me it's either Target or TRU.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »
Walmart has the cheapest ponies, I've found, sometimes $1-2 cheaper than Toys R Us or Target. That being said, both those other stores get exclusives sometimes.

Post Merge: July 10, 2013, 05:29:39 PM

You're also more likely to find that someone's gone through all the blind bags at Walmart.. taking the ponies, and leaving the bags -_-;
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
For me, Wal-Mart still wins on price, but Target beats them on selection.

My local TRU on the other hand is almost always dead. The upside is that old stock sticks around in case you missed a pony, the downside is the old stock sticks around so it'll be forever until Sunset Shimmer arrives.

At least they are on the same plaza as my place of employment, so I can easily go there.

Mlphammy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »
Target for me  :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
I voted for Target but I would still occasionally check on the other two since they also sometimes get exlusives.  And if you are into blind bags, you never know who will have what wave at a given time.

Also, as others have said, it might vary by region.  My TRU got Sunset Shimmer several weeks back but I have yet to see her at either Target or Walmart in my area.

BigHicks1977

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
looking pretty close so far....hhhhmmm

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
Target and TRU have more exclusives, but TRU is more expensive, Kmart has no exclusives and it also more expensive, Walmart has a few exclusives, like the 10 inch Funrise plushies, and are less expensive, I saw the brushable single ponies for $4 each one time...! ANd then the next time they were back up to $5, how odd.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
I think it's pretty regional. In my area (metro NYC) toys r us has the best selection but is the most expensive. Walmart and Target have better prices but selection really moves.

there isn't anywhere else by me that has ponies.

CottonTALE

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 07:33:58 PM »
For me it's TRU hands-down. I have been able to pick up FS ponies from there (I found both my Princess Luna and my Pinkie Pie in there) and mine is the only retail store in my city to stock Funrise plushies. Plus TRU has everything more organized instead of cramming everything girly into one aisle (those types are almost always one wall worth of barbies, and maybe 1 or two MLP toys surrounded by LPS, Strawberry Shortcake, and MH.)

I'm hoping to save up to get the favourites pack from them and perhaps see if I can find a Princess Celestia FS pony too.

diamondshy

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
For me it really depends on what I'm looking for.

WalMart here has cheaper blind bags and singles brushables, usually is the store with the most stock around here, and it all moves pretty fast, so it doesn't take too long for new things to show up.  It's also usually quite organized.

TRU has cheaper mini sets (the blind bag sized ones) and, like others have said, very slow.  Pro, I rarely have to worry about things going quickly there and can still find lots of Zecoras and last years' favorites sets.  Con, it's slow to pick up newer stuff.  It's also the only place I've ever seen open blind bags sitting around.

Target usually has a very sparse selection.  Few pieces, slow to move, and slow to get new things.  However I've still found some great stuff there from time to time.

Hot Topic keeps pretty well up to date in getting new things in, but stuff goes very quickly and most pony things are crazy expensive.  I pretty much only get some comics and Funkos there.

I never find what I'm looking for in Walgreens, so there's that.   :lookround:

Kmart is the only store that we have just one of around here, and it's an exceptionally sketchy one.  Last I checked they still had Sunny Rays and didn't carry plushes or blind bags.

TL;DR -- WalMart for routine hunting needs, TRU when there are sales, Target every now and then, Hot Topic for certain things, and Walgreens/Kmart here are severely lacking.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 07:59:39 PM »
I personally like  TRU and target best.  One because they both have store exclusives and they both price match with online tools (unlike walmart).
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

BigHicks1977

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
And TRU starts to pull ahead

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
TRU is too expensive, when they have sales, go for it, but they are far from me. Only bonus is usually lots of stock on EVERYTHING cool! But as I only go for ponies, bye bye anything else they have! My Walmart is SLOW when it comes to stock, and very messy and usually just gets the same old crap each time. They also seem to have OCD re-shelving and every 6 months, every toy isle has been flipped and moved around. A bit strange. Not many other isles in the store get changed around much, if at all, bar holidays.
Target is always nice, but depending on which one I go to, it either has lots of nice stuff, a few old things, or almost none at all.
Only bonus for Kmart is often having really old stock.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:51:55 PM »
Id have to say TRU or Target! Theres always good stuff there, and their exclusives are awesome! Its cool if you find your basic pony waves at Walmart for a cheaper price, but sometimes their selection is very limited. I dont have any Kmarts near me, I didnt even know they were still around! Id love to go to one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal