collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 39598 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2022, 12:37:31 AM »
I think the parlour didn't do so well here either. I didn't buy it - I don't think my sister did either. No more peachys, basically O.O. Also pretty parlor is kind of awkward here. I'm not so bothered by pretty vs grooming, but parlor is a US spelling.

Sweetie is a term of endearment here as well, albeit it's usually only used by older people I think, towards young kids. Sweet Stuff has no currency here, so yeah, it sounds like a generic food description. It's interesting it has another connitation over there, but Sweetie would still have been more logical (unless there were copyrighting issues).

If they make the princesses without bushwoolies, I would be happier. Even with the wrong other accessories. They wouldn't have stickers, so I could keep the box of one of the not-Pearl ones and destroy hers, too.

Second set princesses would also be welcome. :D

Until they learn to curl hair, though, we won't be getting rainbow curl ponies. You can't do rainbow curls without, well, curls xD.

I think TAF are a possible though. If it were a UK company I'd say it for sure, because the first set were marketed here as 'party' ponies, and it's the anniversary. But maybe not so clearcut in the US.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2022, 11:11:57 AM »
Any place to find them in the Northeast US? Where I am Cracker Barrel and Meijers are nonexistent. I heard a rumor they might be that the Paper Store and one of those just opened by me. Any confirmation that they've been there or not?
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2022, 01:46:34 PM »
Let's place our bets on the 40th anniversary ponies. I'm going with:

movie So Softs
more Twinkle Eyed
TAFs
Colorswirls
Princesses
Babies
Big Brothers
Summerwings
Rainbow Curls (they have all the molds by now)

I am going to go with some realistic expectations. I could see more twinkle eyes (since they already made one round and so far the ponies have been in groups of 2 sets). They could do so softs since Cherries Jubilee, Gusty, Lickety-Split, Heart Throb, Posey and Surprise already made it to production, so they would just need to add the flocking.

I'd really love to have sea ponies. Nice shiny pretty clean new ones. Big Brothers is an interesting option however the issue is the accessories. Every item has a cost to make, the more items, the more cost (not to mention completely having to make new molds that are completely different). I think we are most likely to see ponies that are basic in mold shape (meaning no fancy 3d symbols, flutter wings etc.) that add potential usability down the line. There are a few mold shapes in the basic lines that as of yet they have not made, for examples Powder and Whizzer.

Honestly, I will be happy with whatever we get from Basic Fun as long as it is G1 and is a new pony (one they haven't made yet), and if they can get them back into a major retailer on store shelves.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 01:48:22 PM by toyjunky »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2022, 02:02:24 PM »
Mountain Boys... I know that they were not made in US but that would be amazing.

But, I'd really like to see the other Twinkle Eyed ponies.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2022, 02:40:18 PM »
Any place to find them in the Northeast US? Where I am Cracker Barrel and Meijers are nonexistent. I heard a rumor they might be that the Paper Store and one of those just opened by me. Any confirmation that they've been there or not?

I would call or check locally owned toy stores. I just found all of the Twinkle Eyes at various local spots.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2022, 04:49:03 PM »
Mountain Boys... I know that they were not made in US but that would be amazing.

But, I'd really like to see the other Twinkle Eyed ponies.

I wish. :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2022, 04:42:53 AM »
I hope they make baby ponies :heart: And the big brothers. And flutters!!

But I would also be happy with TAFs. Munchy :biggrin:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2022, 12:12:57 PM »
Hey everyone! For those in the Northeastern US, I found the Anniversary Sweet Stuff and Gingerbread at Newbury Comics! They're not listed on their website but I found them both in-store. If you have a Newbury Comics at your local mall, I definitely would check there! I have not seen Sky Rocket, Fizzy, or Galaxy there but I can confirm the other two (bought Gingerbread)
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2022, 04:25:59 PM »
I would not say no to mountain boys, as 3 of them were childhood ponies for me and I lost all of their stickers. But I would be extremely surprised to see them, bearing in mind that BF are working on the US line.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2022, 08:24:34 PM »
I got the impression the Pretty Parlour didn't sell well since they cancelled the next playset they had planned (the one w/ Lemondrop and Brandy - which one's that again? Show Stable? I always get the early G1 playsets mixed up), but I might be mistaken.

If thats the case thats really disappointing. Whered you hear that?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2022, 05:56:20 AM »
I got the impression the Pretty Parlour didn't sell well since they cancelled the next playset they had planned (the one w/ Lemondrop and Brandy - which one's that again? Show Stable? I always get the early G1 playsets mixed up), but I might be mistaken.

Lemon drop was meant to come with another Pretty Parlor. That's why it never released.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2022, 01:07:09 PM »

Lemon drop was meant to come with another Pretty Parlor. That's why it never released.

Phew. If they had planned to release the Show Stable and thencancelled it I would have been devastated. I'd love to buy a shiny white repro Show Stable.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2022, 03:40:26 PM »
aha, found photos of the cancelled Lemon Drop set:
https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=394596.msg1760631;topicseen#msg1760631

Yeah, she was meant to come with a purple Pretty Parlour, not Show Stable. Sorry, I always get those two playsets (+ which pony comes with which set) mixed up. Plus I was more excited for Brandy in the SSC Pupcake mold than the playset itself xD

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »
Prototypes / factory samples of Lemon Drop briefly showed up on Aliexpress, from a seller who sells factory reject Basic Fun ponies, but sadly I was not fast enough to grab one.

I mean she didn't look any different from a vintage Lemon Drop except her hoof info, but she would've been nice to have as a curiosity.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2022, 04:14:29 PM »

Phew. If they had planned to release the Show Stable and thencancelled it I would have been devastated. I'd love to buy a shiny white repro Show Stable.

Me too. Stables do sell, Breyers and Schleich are proof of that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal