collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 39594 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2022, 06:23:26 PM »
Thank you for the update!  I wonder what ponies or other things await us.  I am still holding out hope for the FF set being part of it.  C'mon, Love Petal!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2022, 11:27:55 PM »
Thanks Serena!

Let's place our bets on the 40th anniversary ponies. I'm going with:

movie So Softs
more Twinkle Eyed
TAFs
Colorswirls
Princesses
Babies
Big Brothers
Summerwings
Rainbow Curls (they have all the molds by now)

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2022, 04:27:50 PM »
I really hope it’s not reissued collecter ponies again
I’d love to see princess ponies! Anything new would be exciting
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2022, 05:00:05 PM »
I would be terribly conflicted by Princess ponies. Less so if they didn't have bushwoolies, but on the one hand, I love the princesses. And on the other, everything about it would contradict my childhood, and thus feel wrong.

I still haven't bought Sweetie from the TE line because her sticker says Sweet Stuff. I can junk the box, but not the sticker :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2022, 01:46:43 AM »

Imagine.... The collectors, AJ, Bowtie, Posey, Lickety-Split: "Now with tinsel in their hair! Collect all these special editions in celebration of MLP!"  :haha:

I don't see that happening at all tbh, it's Basic Fun after all, not Hasbro.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2022, 04:32:47 AM »
I would be terribly conflicted by Princess ponies. Less so if they didn't have bushwoolies, but on the one hand, I love the princesses. And on the other, everything about it would contradict my childhood, and thus feel wrong.

I still haven't bought Sweetie from the TE line because her sticker says Sweet Stuff. I can junk the box, but not the sticker :/

Awww, I do understand, but I also highly recommend ;) she's beautiful especially without brown spots. I wouldn't go as far as bushwoolies though personally.

Tbf, I'm amazed they did twinkle eyes. That must have taken quite a bit of research. So who knows what would be next! I also vote no for tinsel, especially Applejack because I think she'd hate it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:38:05 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2022, 06:37:19 AM »

Awww, I do understand, but I also highly recommend ;) she's beautiful especially without brown spots. I wouldn't go as far as bushwoolies though personally.

Tbf, I'm amazed they did twinkle eyes. That must have taken quite a bit of research. So who knows what would be next! I also vote no for tinsel, especially Applejack because I think she'd hate it!

There are some US names that I can just pass over, but some that really bother me. I think this one is because as a child I had Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt on vhs, and I always watched it feeling jarred, like the people who made it got it wrong and didn't know enough about MLP to call her by the right name. So it just became more annoying to me as I got older and realised where it came from.

The other US names that get to me are the Princesses, because of that episode, and Rainbow Magic, because of her story and my childhood memories of her here. I'm pretty sure I'd buy 'Boysenberry Pie' or whatever without a second thought. Most of the big brothers, too, even if I don't use the US names.

But Sweet Stuff is just...its not a name, it's a very unimaginative description of candy or sweets.

Weirdly, if they had made these with boxes and stickers in French, German etc with their names in those languages, I'd probably have bought those instead. It's a really irrational twitch of mine.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2022, 06:51:07 AM »

There are some US names that I can just pass over, but some that really bother me. I think this one is because as a child I had Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt on vhs, and I always watched it feeling jarred, like the people who made it got it wrong and didn't know enough about MLP to call her by the right name. So it just became more annoying to me as I got older and realised where it came from.

The other US names that get to me are the Princesses, because of that episode, and Rainbow Magic, because of her story and my childhood memories of her here. I'm pretty sure I'd buy 'Boysenberry Pie' or whatever without a second thought. Most of the big brothers, too, even if I don't use the US names.

But Sweet Stuff is just...its not a name, it's a very unimaginative description of candy or sweets.

Weirdly, if they had made these with boxes and stickers in French, German etc with their names in those languages, I'd probably have bought those instead. It's a really irrational twitch of mine.

In all fairness, Sweetie is pretty simple and generic too. And in the cartoon one of the Big Brothers is named Score instead of Quarterback. At least Hasbro didn't name her Sweetie Gumdrop Sugardust like they would if she were reintroduced today. :rolleyes: The new name they gave Pony Life Fizzy was freaking ridiculous.  Sometimes simple is better.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 06:57:01 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2022, 06:56:29 AM »
Sweetie Gumdrop Stardrop Brown. Probably.

I like Sweetie, though, since in the UK we all candy 'sweets', and a 'sweetie' is a kind of child's way of saying sweet, so we'd have 'sweetie day' when I was a kid.

Not that I knew what her symbol actually was until I was an adult. I don't think we have gumdrops here or we didn't then?

They could actually be bushwoolies.

I think I could have lived with Gumdrop as an alt name, mind you. But STUFF should not be in a name of anything. Period. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2022, 06:59:27 AM »
Sweetie Gumdrop Stardrop Brown. Probably.

I like Sweetie, though, since in the UK we all candy 'sweets', and a 'sweetie' is a kind of child's way of saying sweet, so we'd have 'sweetie day' when I was a kid.

Not that I knew what her symbol actually was until I was an adult. I don't think we have gumdrops here or we didn't then?

They could actually be bushwoolies.

I think I could have lived with Gumdrop as an alt name, mind you. But STUFF should not be in a name of anything. Period. :)

Sweetie Gumdrop Stardrop Brown. Hasbro would do that too.  >_<

Sweetie/Sweet Stuff is better then Tootie Tails and Pillow Talk at least.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:04:05 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2022, 07:10:43 AM »

Imagine.... The collectors, AJ, Bowtie, Posey, Lickety-Split: "Now with tinsel in their hair! Collect all these special editions in celebration of MLP!"  :haha:

I don't see that happening at all tbh, it's Basic Fun after all, not Hasbro.

Since those CP ponies were originally only sold outside the US, I could see them actually selling here if BF decided to make them.  But the original 6 CP again wouldn't go anywhere.  It would be the third re-release and nobody needs that many Cotton Candys.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2022, 03:35:57 PM »

Sweet Stuff is a term of endearment where I grew up - can't say it applies all over the US, it is possible it is a kind of localized term.  But it was something you could call someone in the same vein as "sweetheart" or "darling" or "honeybunch" something like that.  So it is kind of a boring name but I've always assumed it wasn't meant to be taken as a description of food but rather as the term of endearment.  Sweetie is also a term of endearment here, rather than a reference to candy.  What is it with us referring to people as sugary food items, ha ha  :lol:  Cultural differences...

I could imagine either the princesses or the TAFs would go over well...especially the princesses!  I wonder if they would go for all the accessories or not, though.  Maybe the rainbow curls, too, rainbows are pretty hip and they didn't have many accessories.  It would be nice if they did some boy ponies, but I suspect they will not.  :|   I also hope they don't do the collector pose set again, and I don't think they will.

Does anyone know how well their reproduction Pretty Parlor sold?  I don't have much of a sense of that.  That was the only item they made that wasn't just a "pony in a box," yes?   
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
I got the impression the Pretty Parlour didn't sell well since they cancelled the next playset they had planned (the one w/ Lemondrop and Brandy - which one's that again? Show Stable? I always get the early G1 playsets mixed up), but I might be mistaken.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2022, 05:56:59 PM »
I got the impression the Pretty Parlour didn't sell well since they cancelled the next playset they had planned (the one w/ Lemondrop and Brandy - which one's that again? Show Stable? I always get the early G1 playsets mixed up), but I might be mistaken.

It was gonna be another pretty parlor with Lemon Drop

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2022, 08:29:59 PM »
Sad to say the Pretty Parlor was a shelfwarmer in my area.  Target discounted them steeply and they still didn't move.  And it's not like they were expensive to begin with . . . $20, which was just $10 more than a single Basic Fun pony.  I guess a playset was just more of a commitment than a single pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal