collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help with Children's Craft ideas  (Read 1838 times)

HopelessMagic

• Trade Count: (0)
Need help with Children's Craft ideas
« on: May 21, 2016, 10:15:54 PM »
So, we're starting a new convention named FillyCon and we have a children's area. We have a card trading panel and a mystery solving panel for the kids, but we're trying to think of something else they can do besides coloring. I did some googling but everything I found was pretty labor intensive and messy. Any thoughts?

Offline Terra

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Longeared/
Re: Need help with Children's Craft ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Here's something really cute I came across:
http://www.doodlecraftblog.com/2013/04/design-and-draw-your-own-my-little-pony.html
A tracing and coloring activity that encourages a lot of creativity- might be fun for slightly older kids! (1st grade and up maybe?)

Another idea... maybe some kind of paper crown craft with a unicorn horn?
something 3D:
http://www.doodlecraftblog.com/2013/04/design-and-draw-your-own-my-little-pony.html
..or just something 2D like this:
http://www.firstpalette.com/Craft_themes/Wearables/printandcolorcrown/printandcolorcrown.html
But with a unicorn horn drawn on :P

Maybe offer some yarn and ribbon to glue or staple on stuff?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HopelessMagic

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:04:49 AM »
Those templates are fantastic! I had no idea those existed. Laminating them so they don't get ruined is an even better idea. We'll be using that for sure.

Also the crown idea is great! I'll have to see if there's an easy way to make a template for it so they can trace and cut it out.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:08:11 AM by HopelessMagic »

Niwalime

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
Not sure if it might be abit advanced, but maybe try pearler beads / fusible beads, hand out some templates or let the kids design their own stuff.
I'm thinking simple Cutiemarks etc would be nice. You can then attach them on keyrings or on string to use as necklaces or charms :)

I did search for it on google and there seems to be alot of MLP themed templates avalible for fuse beads :)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »
First thing that came to my mind for tracing the crown pattern is taking heavier paper or even cardboard, drawing the crown template into it and cutting the template out of it so that both the base and the template stay intact, that way you would have two different kinds of templates of the same crown. :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
How many kids do you expect? You can always decorate cookies/cupcakes, design cutie marks, or even customize some of those McPonies that every single one of us has lurking in our collections. If there is enough time to mail donations, I'm sure people here would send some!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

HopelessMagic

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »
Perler Beads were done at PonyCon and honestly, they were everywhere. There were more on the floor than on the projects so I think we're going to pass on that.

Having the kids make cutie marks is a cute idea though. We could have some templates for simple cutie mark ideas and materials so they can create their own. We'll definitely have some kind of sturdy crown template. We might laminate that as well.

Nooo cupcakes or snacks though. We have food available but unless we have a panel that is specifically labelled as giving out cupcakes, I don't want to tempt the 'angry parent' gods.

Niwalime

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »
Perler Beads were done at PonyCon and honestly, they were everywhere. There were more on the floor than on the projects so I think we're going to pass on that.

Having the kids make cutie marks is a cute idea though. We could have some templates for simple cutie mark ideas and materials so they can create their own. We'll definitely have some kind of sturdy crown template. We might laminate that as well.

Nooo cupcakes or snacks though. We have food available but unless we have a panel that is specifically labelled as giving out cupcakes, I don't want to tempt the 'angry parent' gods.

Yeah, didn't think of that! I can imagine the mess :) Glad I could give some sort of Idea though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal