collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 36079 times)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
Yes, in the original Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent was the 13th fairy associated with the kingdom, but because she was seen as crueler/darker/13 is a bad number, she was not invited along with the other 12. So she showed up anyway, smiled, and cursed the child with death. The other fairies (or at least one of them) changed the curse slightly so that she would not be killed killed, just asleep because her powers were too strong.

As for the Royal/Rebel thing, and my plotline views:
The Royals are the characters who are happy to live with their stories the same as their parents,  and are also for the most part Princes and Princesses. And they all are so happy to just keep to the story because it's their 100% guarantee for a happy ending- it's in the story after all that's how the stories work. They've spent their whole lives being told hey, just do this and you get to be happy foreeever, so of course they're cool for it.
The Rebels on the other hand, don't necessarily want to go through with their story. Like Raven, she doesn't actually waaant to be evil and hated forever, whether she dies or not. Hatter I think is just crazy? But her friend so support. And Red, if she is a werewolf, doesn't necessarily want that getting out. Hunter I'm not sure if he's really a "rebel", and in fact Dexter seems more likely to not want to be a perfect prince, since as a nerd boy he isn't a perfect charming (to most anyway. Some of us like sweet nerds).

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the "Poofing" isn't them vanishing, but their story disappearing because it will not longer be the old story. They'll have a new, unexplored story, which is prolly what locked up Grimm wants, but his brother would rather preserve the status quo.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

mrsmagoo22

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
OH FOR GOD SAKE  :mad:

Like I can afford to buy this new line as well as the monster high dolls, they are fab and my DD REALLY wants them too.
Have to agree with her though I do quite like the look of them as well  :lol:

Should just prepare for the inevitable fact im going to be majorly broke for along time!!!!!  :)

Sparrowberries

« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2013, 01:53:16 PM »
Actually I think the Royal/Rebel thing is less about whether or not they want to follow their destiny, and more about just their roles in stories?  (For example, Maddie is just fine with following her dads footsteps? She doesn't want to 'rebel.')

I think its more simple -  like the Royals are the typical 'princesses' who get a 'happily ever after,' and the Rebels are - well, everyone else, including bad guys like evil queens. I don't recognise any non-princesses in Royal so far, unless Bo Peep is in there...

But basically I'm just excited about the Maddie doll! She is precious and considering I grew up wanting to be the Mad Hatter rather than Alice... I can identify with her 100% haha c:

Also as an animation student - these webisodes are -so- much more polished than MH! Absolutely gorgeous art direction. Love them.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 01, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
They refer to Blondie as a royal, sort of.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:01:27 PM by DEStokes »
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 01, 2013, 02:04:39 PM »
Actually I think the Royal/Rebel thing is less about whether or not they want to follow their destiny, and more about just their roles in stories?  (For example, Maddie is just fine with following her dads footsteps? She doesn't want to 'rebel.')

I think its more simple -  like the Royals are the typical 'princesses' who get a 'happily ever after,' and the Rebels are - well, everyone else, including bad guys like evil queens. I don't recognise any non-princesses in Royal so far, unless Bo Peep is in there...

But basically I'm just excited about the Maddie doll! She is precious and considering I grew up wanting to be the Mad Hatter rather than Alice... I can identify with her 100% haha c:

Also as an animation student - these webisodes are -so- much more polished than MH! Absolutely gorgeous art direction. Love them.

The quality of animation is amazing.  I'm not a animation student but it looks like MH is done with Flash Animation and this is actually animated with 3D models, which makes it quite beautiful!

I am very excited for this new line like everyone else :D

Sparrowberries

« Reply #470 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
They refer to Blondie as a royal, sort of.

Hmm you're right I'd forgotten about that. Maybe she wants to be a royal? But since Goldilocks is actually the 'bad guy' in her story (breaking into houses and stealing food, for starters) maybe she's another who wants to rewrite, and become a royal? Idk!
Blondie wasn't too much of a standout character for me, designwise, maybe thats why I forgot her >.<

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
I finally got a chance to catch up with everything EAH

I think the 'Rebels' are just Raven's friends and the 'Royals' are Apple's friends, because even some of the 'Royals' don't appear to really want to embrace their destiny while most of those termed 'Rebel' don't seem to mind. Even Apple's bff Briar seems to really dread her destiny.

I'm looking forward to the dolls and I will have several of Raven, I can already tell, just for herself and she's a perfect base for a character I have and would love to have in doll form. And omg the boys! *swoon*

Also I don't think Raven is the equivalent of Malificent in EAH because Briar doesn't react to her at all so here's hoping there'll be a daughter of a bad fairy

WhiteHeather

« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »

It just occurred to me that Kitty and Catrine De Mew share a color scheme. Swapsies! :lol:

That occurred to me as well.  If Kitty Cheshire is really the girl talking to the Queen of Hearts character and not an actual cat I'll be super tempted to get Catrine and put Kitty's outfit on her.  I want my Cheshire cat to actually be a cat!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
I am thinking that Royal and Rebel are more like "clicks"

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:29 PM »
Been away for a few days (Moving-UGH!!!!) and boy did I have a lot of catching up to do (I did peak in on launch day and watch the webisodes of course)...

Anywho, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but did anyone else think of "Wicked" when Apple was roomated with Raven? I can totally see people doing parodies of "Popular" with the dolls when the come out? LOL :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2013, 04:17:13 PM »
Anywho, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but did anyone else think of "Wicked" when Apple was roomated with Raven? I can totally see people doing parodies of "Popular" with the dolls when the come out? LOL :lol:

OMG, Hefty!
Now that you said it, I want that to happen in the series. Apple singing an upbeat little song about how she wants to help Raven embrace her destiny :lol:

Whenever I see someone less fortunate than I,
And let's face it, who isn't less fortunate than I?
My tender heart tends to start to bleed.
And when someone needs a makeover,
I simply have to take over!
I know, I know exactly what they need!

Bwahaha!

It just occurred to me that Kitty and Catrine De Mew share a color scheme. Swapsies! :lol:

That occurred to me as well.  If Kitty Cheshire is really the girl talking to the Queen of Hearts character and not an actual cat I'll be super tempted to get Catrine and put Kitty's outfit on her.  I want my Cheshire cat to actually be a cat!

Somehow I think Kitty can switch forms. So she can become a cat at will or something like that. Her mum/dad(?) can become invisible after all :)
But yes, i'd love to see Catrine in her outfit and vice versa.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:19:44 PM by Zapper »

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

I present for your consideration:

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2013, 04:34:38 PM »
Someone definitely needs to make Glinda and Elphie customs once the EAH dolls are available ;)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »

OMG! You are my hero! Thats fangtastic!!!!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »

OMG! You are my hero! Thats fangtastic!!!!
SO MUCH YES!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal