TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Swedish bank transfer request - SOLVED! Thank you!

(1/4) > >>

ashlyne:
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone from the USA has successfully sent a bank transfer payment internationally?   

I bought some Tradera items, and they accept bank transfers. But I've never done it this way. I looked into it years ago, and there was something similar to a $40 fee from my bank to send money internationally. I asked the seller about other forms of payment twice before the auctions ended but didn't get any response. Since there weren't any other bids on the items, I bid last minute and won them. I messaged them again about payment options.  I just now got a message with the seller's bank information, but no response to my questions. I'm thinking they may not be getting my messages?

So anyway, I may have no choice but to see about a bank transfer or back out of the auctions.  Can anyone give me advice?    Or if someone doesn't mind sending a transfer for me, I'd be happy to see if I have something in trade for your help?

Saoirse:
I think someone asked the same a while ago and was told its pricey :( The best job would be to send paypal to someone in Europe and get them to bank transfer, Ill help if you like Ive never done a tranfer but its easy enough. But if you want someone with more forum feedback no worries! ;)

Im nearly sure thats the best thing to do anyway lol

ashlyne:
Aw, thanks lil cutie pie!   I may end up taking you up on your offer if it's not too much trouble. I sent another message through my other email account. Hopefully, the seller will receive it this time.  I do have 3 days to send payment, and it isn't much (only about $35)

hathorcat:
I would say that you would be best finding someone in the EU to help out because banking transfers between EU countries are normally free and without any charge.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule - for example in the UK [because we do not have the Euro and opt out of certain banking regulations] we do have to pay an international transfer fee even to other EU countries. As Sweden are likewise not Euro currency holders, it may be that all EU countries cannot transfer free to them either.

The charge from the UK for international transfers can be anything from £10 to £20 - I would be happy to help but thats a hefty addition to a purchase....I would guess hoping for a Swedish member who can accept paypal and then transfer on for you domestically would be the best and least expensive option!

Oneleo1:
International bank transfers are expensive, that is for sure!

We have a few Swedish members here that might be able to help you out though :) I would change the title of your thread to see if you can get someone's attention that lives in Sweden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version