collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you flaunt your ponies?  (Read 7657 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: Do you flaunt your ponies?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »
I flaunt them...anyone who knows me ....knows I collect... Because I make sure of it.....because I am passionate about them :) I do keep them in their own room that has no light to keep them from fading....they are all displayed ...but they r in their own room for their safety... Lol...anytime anyone comes over...they always want to see my Pony room..and I gladly take them on a tour around the Pony world....lol...these are Greek , here smell!.....these are Peru....lol....SMELL......and on and on....everyone usually is impressed even if they don't care about them....lol....especially my little niece!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2016, 12:42:22 AM »
Nope nope nope nope nope, I'm keeping all my pony related things secret. Only my family knows and my friends across the Internet. Nobody else.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2016, 01:58:52 AM »
I have mine in the pony room/spare bed on shelves with a sheet over them to protect them from dust (and really, really bright sunlight that the heavy curtains can't entirely keep out.) 

When I'm in my own place one day and can have everything like I wish, I'd like to have them *sort* of hidden away (and safe from dust, UV and any little visiting nieces and nephews who might want to pull them all out), but also so you can open up the area and see them all beautifully displayed.  I love having hidden treasures in things.  Like a kitted-out built in, where you open the doors and find yourself in pony heaven :)  Some of my favourites and MIBs are in a chest of drawers.  I love going in and opening the drawers-- it looks so ordinary on the outside, but inside are mountain boys and big brothers and mail orders and childhood favourites :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
I don't flaunt the actual ponies because I never have guests over anyways but I do flaunt that I collect. I have pony buttons on my bag and I'm not ashamed to say "yeah these are for me" when I buy ponies (or any toy for that matter).
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Ianthe99

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
My ponies are everywhere! I never have any problem telling people that I am a toy collector. I am 41. If they have a problem with me collecting toys, I don't need them in my life! My Sweetie wants me to do whatever makes me happiest... so there are toys all over the house. Life is to short to be judged over silly stuff.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
Most of mine are in my room in a large cabinet with doors, so I can keep them away from sunlight. Some other ponies are dotted around the gamesroom or the living room, but they often get moved around during tidying. I don't exactly flaunt them, but they're not 'hidden', either.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »
Mine are kept in clear plastic boxes to keep them from getting dusty and damp, but so I can still see them. They are tucked away in the spare room.....they are also boxed up ready so I can move house more quickly when I need to as I am currently looking for a new home...

However, once I'm settled, I hope to have a pony room where I can display them more openly and although visitors won't see them unless they go in there, I will see them on display when I walk in  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »
My ponies are everywhere! I never have any problem telling people that I am a toy collector. I am 41. If they have a problem with me collecting toys, I don't need them in my life! My Sweetie wants me to do whatever makes me happiest... so there are toys all over the house. Life is to short to be judged over silly stuff.

WORD!! :)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
No. I'm pretty reserved about my ponies, though not out of fear of judgement. It just isn't something that comes up in conversations, you know?

Edit: Like all of my collections, they're kept in the closet / storage bins to prevent sun damage, so not any people get to see them, either.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:45:41 PM by Sundown »
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
I show my ponies and don't care about other people's opinions. I'm currently redecorating my room and putting up new shelves :)
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
No flaunting. They're hidden away in the back room. My preciouses....

:lmao:

I feel you mlp4me.

Mine are mostly tucked away. Though occasionally when I get a new one, or have one that I am currently in love with they make their way onto the dresser in our guest room.

I had my most recent acquisition Cranberry Muffins on display for about 2 weeks. She was WAY to gorgeous to hide away.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »
I used to have them in my living room but not like in the front more like in the back. Nowadays though everybody is waiting for a pony room with me so they are all trapped in their bins eying me for escape. I have two cases full of rare ponies the rest will have to wait with me until then. :(

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2016, 01:33:45 AM »
I flaunt them as much as I can in my room, but since I don't have a dedicated pony room (and I'm at about 3200 ponies right now all in, yikes!), there's just not room! So a lot of them are in clear shelving/boxes around the room, and I keep as many out on display as I can. ;) 2k ponies all on display sounds like one heck of a display, though!! WOWEE! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

lostpony

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »
YES.  Thanks Tak, great thread, and thanks to all for sharing!

My fledgling pony habit lives on one shelf over the door for my G1 play ponies, 2 boxes of G1 project ponies and 2 boxes of cleaned up G1 ponies and my computer seat is piled high with G4 plushes and there have to be at least 15 boxes of G4 merch and plushes in storage...one big rainbow dash plush lives in the bed for sleepy time...just big enough for snuggling.

It's actually a pretty big percentage of the living space considering it is a 7'x19' trailer and my room mate isn't all that happy about it (aw too bad) and my patio table outside is often covered with the pony projects and the neighbors are like Ponies?
Also I bring my Sorbet Surprise EVERYWHERE, a gift from a special somepony :bunny:  (:happy: you know who you are!) and she is quite the conversation starter at church, work, stores...in court...prominently hanging onto my bicycle handlebars everywhere I go...and she gets impromptu photo shoots anywhere, anytime, I don't care who is looking:  parks, stores, government buildings, anywhere a flower might be peeking up in the middle of the road...held up to the sky...anything I can think of.
So, nopony knows.  It's a perfect secret!  :devious:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »
I'm not ashamed of them, but I don't leave them all out either.  I despise dust too much.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal