collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternate BF variants?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Alternate BF variants?
« on: July 10, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »
I'm aware there is a reverse Holly but are there any others? I recently acquired another Rose hoping to upgrade mine. On closer inspection of their symbols my old one appears to have a more 'redder' coloured bud, the newer one is 'pinker'. I had hoped to choose one to keep but know I don't know which one I prefer :)

Hopefully you can see what I'm seeing? Both symbols are the same on both sides of each pony. The leaves appear to be the same on all symbols.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not so easy to see on this picture but one pony also appears a little taller.

Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate BF variants?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:45 AM »
Why not both? :P

They are both amazingly stunning!

I don't have enough knowledge to comment on whether it is a variant, I just came here for that comment HAHA :P
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »
It's certainly a possibility, particular given the two very different areas they were distributed. I've never been abe to compare any.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »
Good timing for this thread. Its not going to help ya but it is interesting, my friend was comparing to alt jan birthflowers and found different molds where used. One has a really fat but and high hicks compared to the other. The fat but one is australian, the other scanadivian

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:35 PM »
Good timing for this thread. Its not going to help ya but it is interesting, my friend was comparing to alt jan birthflowers and found different molds where used. One has a really fat but and high hicks compared to the other. The fat but one is australian, the other scanadivian

Yep that's right - sorry about the awful photo quality but I'll take some better pics tomorrow.  As you can see, the one on the right (Australian) has higher hocks and a larger posterior than the Scandinavian pony on the left. 

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 12:13:49 AM »
Sea breeze i just noticed red flower looks shorter? Or is this just because pink flower is standing on her tail :p

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 02:49:17 PM »
First - oooooooooohhhhhhhh - sooooo pretty!!! Congrats on having 2 such different versions Sea Breeze :) Awesome!

I dont think we have every got to the point of confirming it as there are simply not enough comparisons out there but there certainly are some minor but notable differences in the line (slight mould size and colour on symbols...obviously with Holly being the most obvious as you mention).

The speculation always seems to conclude (as close as you can when we are very much guessing) that its due to how they were sold - i.e. NZ/Auz v Scandinavia. They certainly did not have a long or wide enough release for us to excuse it only as batches/time of manufacture differences. 

However, out of curiosity - were both of yours local NZ finds or is there the possibility one is a Scandinavian release?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
Sea breeze i just noticed red flower looks shorter? Or is this just because pink flower is standing on her tail :p

I think I did tuck the tail behind in that shot so she's not standing on it.

First - oooooooooohhhhhhhh - sooooo pretty!!! Congrats on having 2 such different versions Sea Breeze :) Awesome!

I dont think we have every got to the point of confirming it as there are simply not enough comparisons out there but there certainly are some minor but notable differences in the line (slight mould size and colour on symbols...obviously with Holly being the most obvious as you mention).

The speculation always seems to conclude (as close as you can when we are very much guessing) that its due to how they were sold - i.e. NZ/Auz v Scandinavia. They certainly did not have a long or wide enough release for us to excuse it only as batches/time of manufacture differences. 

However, out of curiosity - were both of yours local NZ finds or is there the possibility one is a Scandinavian release?

The one with the redder rose I believe I purchased from Iceland the Pinker rose is local. I also had another Rose with a Bob cut some years ago she had the Pinker rose too after going back on images :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
That evidence sounds as though it does back up the theory of it being a geographical split then :) Thats great! More "proof" of the theory hopefully.

They are stunning!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

I think it makes sense that the 2 different regions got completely separate production runs of the birthflower ponies since they were sold on different cards and distributed by different companies. I would totally stand behind a theory of 24 different birthflowers with most having only slight variations.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:41 AM »
I'd be interested to see more comparison pics (foalpatrol's picture is showing an error for me?). I've got two myself (meant to upgrade, too lazy/love them both lol) but they're both the Scandinavian version I believe. Funny, what with me living in Australia, I have never seen an alt BF in the wild.

If there truly is a difference between the NZ/Auz & Scandinavia versions I might just have to get a triplet. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:00:32 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 11:47:04 PM »
I'd be interested to see more comparison pics (foalpatrol's picture is showing an error for me?). I've got two myself (meant to upgrade, too lazy/love them both lol) but they're both the Scandinavian version I believe. Funny, what with me living in Australia, I have never seen an alt BF in the wild.

If there truly is a difference between the NZ/Auz & Scandinavia versions I might just have to get a triplet. :P

Do you have a picture of Rose's symbol Tulips?

Would be nice to see some more comparisions

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:28 AM »
Hehe, I may have gone a bit overboard with photos :P I’ve numbered them for easy comparison.
It might just be me but their symbols do appear slightly different colours, which could be for any number of reasons (batch, age, fading). But it's not as dramatic a difference as yours Sea_Breeze, what I’m contemplating most is their rumps. They appear to have level hocks, but #1 definitely looks like she’s a bit more plump? I assume it's not uncommon for batches to be slightly different proportions and use separate moulds.

#1 was my original chewed girl, #2 was my upgrade. Both bought from the same seller located in Iceland, so I don't think either is Australian.
I'd love to own an Australian girl... heck I'd love to start an army, my wallet wouldn't though!  :blush:
If you're looking to sell though lemme know lol.  ;)

#1 Looks to have a larger rump and a slightly redder symbol.
#2 Looks to have a smaller rump and a slightly pinker symbol.

Symbol Comparison:

Closeups: with & without flash

(pic spam in spoiler)
Spoiler

Hock & Rump Comparison:

(pic spam in spoiler)
Spoiler

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:22:03 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
Awesome. They look different to me even if they both originated from same country. Who knows maybe one of them was originally from Aus/NZ or maybe both versions were always available to both locations? Wondering if any of the other birthflowers are different? Rose seems to be one of the easier to find so more likely to be able to compare. Svarta would probably be able to compare a bit more she often has these beauties in her hands.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
I actually bought both from Svarta lol  :P
I do wonder where they were produced for distribution to such separate countries, if they were made separately or together? I know very little about my girls :blush:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal