collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Customer" never responding to e-mails?  (Read 572 times)

Crafty_Camel

• Trade Count: (0)
"Customer" never responding to e-mails?
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
Hi everyone!!! It feels like it's been forever since I've been on here  :( Life seems to have gotten in the way but I finally got some free time today.

A few months ago, on here actually, I saw a post by someone  (I looked and couldn't find it) about a horse rescue called JB's Horse Rescue in Cedar Springs, Michigan. They were having an auction and the proceeds were going to go towards their rescue.  I donated a custom and the opportunity to have a custom made.

A woman bid on the "have a custom pony made" option and won. She e-mailed me as soon as she paid and seemed very excited to get started.  She sent me some broad ideas about the body color and scheme but nothing else.  I sent her an e-mail outlining everything I needed to know in order to get started.  I guess most people don't realize how many things go in to making a custom pony.  She said she would discuss it with her daughter and get back to me by the end of the week.  That was over a month ago and I've sent her 2 e-mails since, with no response. I contacted the horse rescue, explaining the situation and the woman that runs it said she would send her an e-mail, but they've been extremely busy rescuing auction horses and such, so I don't think an e-mail was ever sent.

Would you let it go? It's not like I have other projects waiting or anything, but I was really excited to make the pony and now I feel like I'm sitting in limbo  :huh: I'm not out anything, and it's like the rescue got a donation which is awesome... but I don't want there to be any hard feelings or anything and I'm worried I scared her off by asking for more specific details.

I'm sure this has happened to plenty of others... what did you do?   :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: "Customer" never responding to e-mails?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »
I understand they may not know the process that goes into making a custom. But they may feel that that they gave you a general idea and that is all they had to do. Do you have the address to where it was to be sent? I suppose you could write her a handwritten letter and send it snail mail. Or you could just proceed with the custom based on the vague ideas she had and send it anyways.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal