collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SOLVED!! You can close this...  (Read 293 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
SOLVED!! You can close this...
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
Last year, when I got first release Ghoulia, I was brand new to the MH world. Sure, I knew the basics and all, but I was still learning everything. When I read that you could remove the hands, of course I gave it a try.

...That was NOT a smart move. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get them back in. She was my favorite doll, and on the same day I had gotten her, she was already handless. I still loved her.. but I never took photos of her, and I didn't play with her as much. Now that a year has gone by, I am determined to get her hands back in (and yes, I still have them). I really don't want to buy another, because 1) they are  atleast $70 nowadays, and she was my first doll... I can't just throw her away.

The hands are the same as all monster high hands - I tested them and they go into my Draculaura's arms. But the hole in Ghoulia's arm where you stick the hands is too small. None of my dolly's hands can fit in them. What should I do? Has this happened to you? Do you think I could maybe ask Mattel for an extra set of arms?

[Pictures soon to come.]
[/s]

SOLVED!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:45:56 PM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: I can't get Ghoulia's Hands Back On!! :C
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
Maybe you could get a drill and a teeny drill bit the same size as her hand pegs and drill the hole a bit bigger?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
In my experience, Ghoulia's hands and arms are a lot harder to reattach than the others'. I don't know why. I've managed to do it but it was difficult and I won't be removing them again in a hurry!

One thing I didn't try myself but might help you is heating up the plastic, either by putting it in boiled water or by carefully heating it up with a lighter.

The way I did was just to find a way to hold the peg and hand/arm so that when I tried to push it back in, it wouldn't just bend at the joint instead of going all the way in. And then I just gently but firmly until it went back in.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
I've had issues with getting the hands back in on some of my newer dolls but have also found that heat works well in this instance.

What I do is pour some hot water into a cup, dip the forearm in and then take the nubbed end of a bobby pin, pop it into the socket and gently twist. The heat will temporarily make the plastic more pliable and the nub on the bobby pin is only slightly larger than those found on MH hand pegs, so it should make getting the hand back in much easier without making the connection too loose. Repeat process as necessary.

Good luck and I hope you're able to fix your Ghoulia! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
Thank you so much everyone! Using the hot water technique, I've gotten both hands in! It took a while, but it worked! THANK YOU!!! :D
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
Excellent! Glad to hear it.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal