collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad press? Would you feature your collection in a magazine for all to see?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I wouldn't. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Pre-G4 I miiiiiiight have considered it but would be worried for the same reasons Thunderwing mentions.  People seem to think one is rich when you collect stuff, no matter what it is. 

Now, though, considering the general public's opinion of "The Bronies" and all the negative thoughts that have come out of that, I have pretty much stopped telling anyone that I collect MLP unless they specifically ask, "Do you collect something?"   I certainly would never associate myself publically and on the internet with my personal life.

Most of the hate towards Bronies tends to be online, and even then it's not as much as you would think, at least in my experience. I've never had anyone give me or my friends crap for it when we'd have meetups at public places. And I've never had anything bad aimed specifically at me at any of the sites I visit where they know I like MLP. (That said, I still wish to keep this from as many people as possible.)

In response to the OP, I wouldn't do anything that would make you feel too uncomfortable,  but I would consider if the money is worth the potential embarrassment. If it's for a small paper, there probably won't be any negative comments on it.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
No matter how positive the article is, people will be complete jerks in the comments section.  I'm also a sensitive person and I would lean towards not doing it.  I'm not ashamed of my ponies, but nasty comments do bother me.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal