collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Arena wish:  (Read 2005 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: My Arena wish:
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »

If I should come up with another whish it would be that the Arena Photo Hunt and Photo Show made a come back. They were so much fun!

I was just thinking the other day, we should have a photo contest of some kind on the Arena!  Or even a challenge, no prize, just taking fun pictures...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »

If I should come up with another whish it would be that the Arena Photo Hunt and Photo Show made a come back. They were so much fun!

I was just thinking the other day, we should have a photo contest of some kind on the Arena!  Or even a challenge, no prize, just taking fun pictures...

That would be awesome ^.^ I'd join!

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 03:37:27 AM »
I think it would be cool if, similar to the POTD, every pony or every series of pony could have their own photo thread for people to add to. Fun for if you are trying to decide which one to adopt next and stuff!

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 04:14:40 AM »
I've submitted this to the Arena Mods as a suggestion last year, but never heard back about whether they are considering it. But I think it would be a super helpful forum to have here, so if you guys think this is good, speak up! :D

My Arena Wish:
Once there was a thread in the Pony Corral asking for Maine pony collectors to speak up, so I posted there since I live in Maine and I was happy to find other collectors in my state. ^_^

We started chatting and one of the people in the thread mentioned they live near the city I live in, and we started talking about the local TRU. I said I was going there to look for blind bags, and she said she was just there last night and bought the last ones, but she said she goes to that TRU all the time and she would pm me when she saw they were back in.

I thanked her and then I thought this might be a great idea for a forum here on the Arena! People could make a post for their state or an area of a state (like southern Ohio or something), and everyone could make posts to update other collectors on what they've seen in that area. Like "I found the blind bags in the Portland, Maine Wal-mart last night!" or "There were three Equestria Girl Rainbow Rockers left at the south street Target yesterday."

I've seen threads in Pony Corral all the time where one person is letting others know that this store or that store just got new G4's, or TRU now carries blind bags or trading cards or lunchboxes. Those posts are really helpful for collectors and usually people respond saying "Oh cool, now I can check my local store to see if they're in there." But a forum like the one I describe would be able to keep people informed of which specific stores have which ponies in stock at any time, with the information updated by helpful collectors who like to make the rounds and see what's on the shelves. I know a lot of us do this weekly lol. Having a place to report our findings would probably be fun!

One thing I always loved about the MLPArena is when collectors come together to help each other out. I've had so many nice experiences here. It just feels good to be around nice people, willing to help out a complete stranger find the things they are missing from their collection. ^^

Anyway, that's my idea! I hope it helps people. :) Thanks for listening.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 06:03:17 AM »
WOW so many fun ideas!! My favorite is definately the pricecheck thread, like a kelly blue book, but for tiny plastic horses. That would be so convenient!!

I also love love love the sub categories for merch and restorations. ahhh so cool.

Also, a subforum where you can post a pony and that thread collects pictures/drawings/etc of that pony?? AWESOME. I LOVE IT. YES PLEASE.

Oh my goodness I wish I had something to contribute but there's so many amazing ideas in this thread I am just super blown away.

My Arena Wish:
Once there was a thread in the Pony Corral asking for Maine pony collectors to speak up, so I posted there since I live in Maine and I was happy to find other collectors in my state. ^_^

We started chatting and one of the people in the thread mentioned they live near the city I live in, and we started talking about the local TRU. I said I was going there to look for blind bags, and she said she was just there last night and bought the last ones, but she said she goes to that TRU all the time and she would pm me when she saw they were back in.

I thanked her and then I thought this might be a great idea for a forum here on the Arena! People could make a post for their state or an area of a state (like southern Ohio or something), and everyone could make posts to update other collectors on what they've seen in that area. Like "I found the blind bags in the Portland, Maine Wal-mart last night!" or "There were three Equestria Girl Rainbow Rockers left at the south street Target yesterday."

I've seen threads in Pony Corral all the time where one person is letting others know that this store or that store just got new G4's, or TRU now carries blind bags or trading cards or lunchboxes. Those posts are really helpful for collectors and usually people respond saying "Oh cool, now I can check my local store to see if they're in there." But a forum like the one I describe would be able to keep people informed of which specific stores have which ponies in stock at any time, with the information updated by helpful collectors who like to make the rounds and see what's on the shelves. I know a lot of us do this weekly lol. Having a place to report our findings would probably be fun!

Also, THIS! I live in a rather big city with lots of pony fans. I doubt many of them are on the arena but we have lots and lots of stores in town with ponies and I check them all regularly. That would be so great. Especially if I was passing through somewhere on a trip I could check the forum to see if there's any towns I should take a potty/pony break in!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:06:17 AM by Draikinator »
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
Well... a laptop doesn't prevent me from eating or using the facilities... it's sleeping that would be a major issue, lol

LOL Sounds like something I do..... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal