collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What positive things do non-pony people say?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
Re: What positive things do non-pony people say?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »
I got my boyfriend into the new show he thinks it's funny. We watched the 'Family appreciation' ep. he said granny smith reminded him of one of his crazy old aunts.

I took my Avengers custom ponies to a toy show a few weeks ago and even non pony folks loved them and took pictures. My co workers love my customs I take pics of them to show them off.   

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »
My son says he wants to collect ponies when he grows up. :biggrin:  I think he's well on his way to becoming a collector right now, but it's my favourite thing that's been said.

Otherwise, I get a few of the, "Oh, I had those," or "My daughter had so-and-so many, and they're still in storage."  Oh, and a couple of my coworkers have started blindbag collections due to a starter pony from yours truly (who, me, pony pushing? :lol:)... and that's about it for the good stuff.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 05:22:34 PM »
I have a friend who also said "oh I have some of those in storage!" but doesn't recognize any G1s or G3s I show her... So I think they must be G2.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »
I get loads of positive comments about my herd.  The usual "I had that one" or "I had those", or "Wow I didn't know there were so many".  Also I have had comments on how clean and neatly arranged they are!!

Then I get some friends who say I still have a box full in the attic!! One such friend actually dug them out and gave them to me :D

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
My boyfriend is super supportive :)
He likes that I still get enjoyment from something from my childhood! Especially when I explain that I am an only child and therefore didn't have any other kids to play with when I was young so my ponies were my friends (that sounds really sad but I can't think of another way to phrase it :D). He is also amazed when I tell him how much some of the ones in my collection are worth :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:56 AM »
"Oh, what a beautifull unicorn you have!" - that was reaction of my boss (female) to Lyra Heartstrings wallpaper on my computer.
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal