collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 65630 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)
« Reply #450 on: February 02, 2018, 04:16:45 AM »
I'm not sure if what I've been able to find is actually the concept art or not, but I'm wondering whether the current generation actually will end in 2019. It may be that it's their plan right now, but they might change it later if the current series is still doing well enough; originally they had planned to end the series with season 3 and the first Equestria girls movie, but they changed their plans because the series was still doing well and ended up rewriting the episode at the last minute.

There is a big difference between 3 seasons and 9 seasons, tho. MLP in general gets rebooted every once in a while and it looks like they are going the Transformers route with it by using established characters but changing them up a d putting them in new scenarios/stories. They could do a seamless transition from FiM to the new show/franchise and they have already planned the new movie.
At this point there is no doubt that FiM will end. We just don't know what designs they will go with.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
Well I at least hope they go with a new tagline, or no tagline preferably.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #452 on: February 02, 2018, 09:23:40 AM »
No mane 6 and no more forced brainwashing to make friends with everyone or else. That's really all I ask for from G5...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
I'm not sure if what I've been able to find is actually the concept art or not, but I'm wondering whether the current generation actually will end in 2019. It may be that it's their plan right now, but they might change it later if the current series is still doing well enough;
It takes so long to make a new episode, and it looks like they've already went through with the plan to make a new movie with Boulder, so it's very likely that this is what they're going to go with.
I have the leaked concept art posted on my blog: https://imiya.tumblr.com/tagged/g5%20mlp
The leaked art is the very last post and the 3rd to last. Click the images for a higher quality version.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 02, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
No mane 6 and no more forced brainwashing to make friends with everyone or else. That's really all I ask for from G5...

Good yes. This is what i want.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 03, 2018, 03:55:40 AM »

Good yes. This is what i want.
Me too.  Frankly, if they want to create a stable of established characters, they can do better than these six.  There are far more appealing designs in the pony pantheon than these over-saturated eyesores.  G3 Pinkie Pie is much more pleasing to the eye than Pepto G4 Pinkie.  Starshine's white coat still goes best with a vibrant rainbow mane and tail, in my opinion.  Wind Whistler is the very definition of a pastel pony with her combination of blue and pink.  Fizzy and G3 Minty are an interesting diversion from the norm with a combination of green and pink.  Movie Star Shady has the beautiful vibrant shade of pink coat and yellow hair.  Glory is superior to G4 Rarity because she adds the dimension of that streak of bright blue in her mane (really wish they had added that because it makes for such a cool look).  Out of the literally thousands of ponies Hasbro has created over three and a half decades, the Mane 6 are far from the top of their best designs.  They're only popular because they're current in the age of the internet and have attracted a (now even more dubious) peripheral fan base.

And we do need to get away from the "friendship" thing because this generation has mangled the concept beyond all recognition.  I'm almost willing to call this show toxic for children because the messages it teaches (and it still claims to teach) have no basis in reality and will get kids into trouble if they try to emulate how the show handles it because of how terrible the execution is.  If this was just 20 minutes of random cartoon fun, it's perfectly good random cartoon fun.  It's the context of being an Aesop-driven series that causes problems because these people seem to not know how the real world works anymore.

So, yeah, maybe they should sit down and consider they need much more of an overhaul than changing a few characters' species.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 03, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »
If the reddish AJ redesign with fetlocks and a creamy blaze wins out she will be one of the most beautiful ponies ever. So I hope they go with that one. RE: "Oversaturated Eyesore" :P

Edit: I think they would never ever do that color combo again, but my dream would be if they just replaced Fluttershy with G2 Jolly and gave her yellow/pink combo to Pinkie Pie.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:43:04 PM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 09, 2018, 07:48:59 AM »
How big do you think they'll be? I'd love to have them G3 sized. Or even Flutter Pony or Princess Sized.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:51:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 09, 2018, 07:50:44 AM »
If the reddish AJ redesign with fetlocks and a creamy blaze wins out she will be one of the most beautiful ponies ever. So I hope they go with that one. RE: "Oversaturated Eyesore" :P

Edit: I think they would never ever do that color combo again, but my dream would be if they just replaced Fluttershy with G2 Jolly and gave her yellow/pink combo to Pinkie Pie.

Oversaturated Eyesore?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »

Oversaturated Eyesore?

Have you seen Hip Holly? You can never be oversaturated enough when it's MLP O.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2018, 09:37:48 AM »

Oversaturated Eyesore?

Have you seen Hip Holly? You can never be oversaturated enough when it's MLP O.O.

I...okay? I honestly had no idea what she meant by that one.  :blink:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »

Oversaturated Eyesore?

If you mean me, I just mean that Hasbro are completely unafraid to shove everything on a pony, so Oversaturated Eyesore is a definite possibility xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »

Oversaturated Eyesore?

If you mean me, I just mean that Hasbro are completely unafraid to shove everything on a pony, so Oversaturated Eyesore is a definite possibility xD

Zapper actually. :p

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
Strongly disagree that G3 Pinkie Pie has a better design than G4 Pinkie Pie. The main difference in their designs (aside from mold) is that G3 Pinkie has fading pink hair.  [strong curse word] fading pink hair.  :P  I am always finding G3 Pinkies with nasty, off-white hair at Value Village.

On the leaked (potential) designs, there are a lot of them that I think are cute but am unsure if I want them to make 'official'.  Like, the designs with a lot of "horsey" dapples are cute, buuuuut . . . not really very MLP-ish IMO.  MLPs have never had 'horse' markings, except Bubbles & Seashell's blazes (but those are super symmetrical & stylized).  To me the dapples etc make the designs look like Strawberry Shortcake horses.   Cute?  Yes.   MLP-ish?  Ehhhh . . .

I do think giving all the earth ponies feathering around their hooves could be a fun and elegant idea, and a way to GIVE them a trait of their own instead of defining them by their lack of wings / lack of horn.  (I also think cloven hooves for the unicorns could be fun.)  It would also move away from the "only male ponies have hoof feathering", which I've always thought was a dopey idea.  Female draft horses exist.

To be honest I'd like to see another line like G2 where there is no physical difference in the molds between the male and female ponies.  To me this was one of the appeals of MLPs, that they are pretty androgynous.  As opposed to Barbie who's like "HERE ARE MAH BOOBS."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:37:47 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
Strongly disagree that G3 Pinkie Pie has a better design than G4 Pinkie Pie. The main difference in their designs (aside from mold) is that G3 Pinkie has fading pink hair.  [strong curse word] fading pink hair.  :P  I am always finding G3 Pinkies with nasty, off-white hair at Value Village.

On the leaked (potential) designs, there are a lot of them that I think are cute but am unsure if I want them to make 'official'.  Like, the designs with a lot of "horsey" dapples are cute, buuuuut . . . not really very MLP-ish IMO.  MLPs have never had 'horse' markings, except Bubbles & Seashell's blazes (but those are super symmetrical & stylized).  To me the dapples etc make the designs look like Strawberry Shortcake horses.   Cute?  Yes.   MLP-ish?  Ehhhh . . .

I do think giving all the earth ponies feathering around their hooves could be a fun and elegant idea, and a way to GIVE them a trait of their own instead of defining them by their lack of wings / lack of horn.  (I also think cloven hooves for the unicorns could be fun.)  It would also move away from the "only male ponies have hoof feathering", which I've always thought was a dopey idea.  Female draft horses exist.

To be honest I'd like to see another line like G2 where there is no physical difference in the molds between the male and female ponies.  To me this was one of the appeals of MLPs, that they are pretty androgynous.  As opposed to Barbie who's like "HERE ARE MAH BOOBS."

:lmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal