collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 65404 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »
Given their reaction to this, you can see why.  I was thinking of them mixing in false info with legitimate leaks.  It wouldn't surprise me.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »
Spoiler
Okay, you know, with it looking like fanart... here's my thoughts: They may very well have scouted people and styles they liked, outside of the people they already hired (or someone had this style that already worked with them - just because they've been working in the FiM style doesn't mean people don't have their own style, too). Didn't Lauren Fausts designs start as fanart, too? :) (correct me if I'm wrong xD )
I really like the designs they leaked. And I wouldn't say it's unlikely it's legit because of the shading etc, either. Concept art is just that - a concept. Sometimes with more details than the finished product, sometimes with less, and sometimes COMPLETELY different than what they decide to go with for the finished product :)
But yes - I adore the designs :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »
Spoiler
The thing that bothers me is, if DHX is just using g4 characters to showcase the style, why would they change their race?I mean you could've shown how a unicorn would look with Rarity and Twilight without drawing Fluttershy as one.This makes me think they want to use them like that in g5.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »
Spoiler
The info is a lot to take in and some of what I've seen and read I like, others not so much. G5 I'm kinda in between as it's just too little to go on.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »
Spoiler
The thing that bothers me is, if DHX is just using g4 characters to showcase the style, why would they change their race?I mean you could've shown how a unicorn would look with Rarity and Twilight without drawing Fluttershy as one.This makes me think they want to use them like that in g5.
Spoiler
It doesn't matter what DHX wants.  It'll be what Hasbro wants.  It could also be the changes of species were because they wanted use certain colors, like Twilight's purple shows how the gradients on the lower legs would work well (better than Pinkie Pie).  Not sure about Fluttershy unless it's showing how a unicorn with long, flowing hair works.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2017, 10:02:55 AM »
Could someone post the images here?  I want to see them, but I don't want to see any spoilers for the leaked MLP FIM episodes . . . which means I don't dare look under any of these spoiler tags.  ;)

I guess what I'm asking is if someone can post the images here and label the spoiler "images only, no TV spoilers" or something.

Edit:  I think I found the images on that Horseland site.  I am kind of dubious if they're 'real' because they look really fan-arty (nice, but fan-arty) and there's a suspicious amount of shading for a cartoon.  I'm looking at

Spoiler
all these highlights in Twilight Sparkle's mane and the shading on Fluttershy's body

and thinking "uh huh, I'll believe it when I see it."

In case you want to see others thoughts, no one has actually posted or discussed the tv spoilers.  Only discussed the "G5" concepts.  So you are safe from the tv spoilers in this thread, at least up to this point.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
Spoiler
Speculating on the detail is fine, so long as it's just speculating. I agree we know nothing and you make a good point about the origin of this material. I guess we'll wait and see, but I think it's fun to speculate, even on something that may never happen. So long as we all understand it's not for sure, it's fine ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »
Well, leaked info is only as good as the person leaking, you know?  Like, leaking some legitimate info and then mixing something false in is a possibility (Wikileaks style).  Normally I would say no one would bother doing that with MLP, but to be honest I could definitely see someone doing it just to troll the bronies, who are not exactly the most well-loved group on the internet.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to get at. Always better to be on the cautious side for stuff like this IMO, you never know, after all ;) If it IS legit it'll probably go through a bunch of changes before we see the final product anyway, lol..
(Not saying that it's definitely not real, or that it's wrong to discuss it, or anything like that!! I'm just saying I personally am not going to get too attached to these designs until we know for sure if they're real, if that makes sense.)

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
The topic of CGI is slightly concerning to me. Not saying that it's inherently a bad idea, but it needs to be done with great care to work, especially since 2D animation has always been a staple of MLP.
I do like some of the new location designs.
Spoiler
Especially Neon City. Not sure if this is for a future episode, the next movie, or G5 (though my best guess is probably the second movie).
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
I haven't read the article there on Horse News, however, other than that one that looks like it would be AJ I seriously hope they do not use the same characters as different races... my mind goes "Huh? How would that be G5 if it's the same characters?"
But then again this is concept so we'll see
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline ultra8

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
That would explain the number of videos on YouTube. I will admit I've never seen an episode for any show in its unfinished form before so that's a weird experience, but I think I'll wait till the finished version airs.
Spoiler
On the plus side we get a new intro and I can't wait to meet the new characters showcased in the background.

On the up side free publicity. On the downside somebody is going to spend the entire day being yelled at by their bosses, that's for sure.
Who Dares wins

\"I am just a simple thinker, though some call me Mad.\"- Mad Thinker

\"I don\'t have a word better than awesome, so I\'ll just say awesome again, only this time, louder. Awesome!\" -Rat King

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2017, 12:05:30 PM »
If those are the style we'll get for G5, cautiously optimistic. 
I do hope it's a whole new cast and setting though - otherwise it'll just be Brony-Fandom 2.0. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
Can someone message me the G5 concept art? Or post it here under a labeled spoiler? The only FiM-focused sites I know of seem to be banning the spoilers. I'm not part of the Brony community so I have no idea where else to look.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2017, 12:40:19 PM »
Last post on Page 3 of this thread, Spoiler labeled "G5 concept art", Taxel.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »
I certainly hope that the Mane Six aren't in the final result for G5 because that'd be kinda lame that they'd keep the same characters for the reboot instead of doing new ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal