collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 726
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Always check your recycling - An almost OOPS...  (Read 2456 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Always check your recycling - An almost OOPS...
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »
I'm glad you got her out!

I don't really have an 'almost' oops moment just an oops moment... When I was younger I took G1 AppleJack with me to a friend's house.. Accidentally left her there. I called my friend a lot and asked if she could take her to school and give her to me but some how my pony 'magically' disappeared from where I left her. They don't have dogs or cats. She's also an only child. So, because we were moving soon and I wanted my pony.. I called her EVERYDAY, her mom usually answered and said the same thing 'I'll have her look for it' and I never got her back. On the last day of school  she said "I don't have your stupid horse. You probably wouldn't want it back anyways." Then she rolled her eyes and her friend insulted me with the usual.

That's terrible! :(
Yeah.. I was going to buy another AppleJack from Ebay but they were all over-priced. The cheapest one was $40, her hair was extremely matted and she didn't have a tail. I decided to wait... I got Bowtie though! I really like Bowtie. ^.^

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 08:43:58 AM »
Can't believe you nearly tossed poor magic star XD

I don't have an almost oops moment but an actual 'what-the-hell-was-i-thinking' oops moment that still haunts me.

When i first started collecting i was going through all my old toy boxes looking for ponies that may have been in them and binning a lot of old toys that i didn't have the space for anymore. This included a lot of fakie mlp's i'd had as a child. With these fakie mlps were about 15 takara fakie babies. FIFTEEN!!! I used to go on holiday to Menorca as a child a lot and they were everywhere over there. As they were dirt cheap, me and my sister had amassed tons of them. And i binned them XD Though in my defence they were just fakies, i didn't realise people would be going nuts for them a few years later lol XD

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »
oops, pretty scary to think what might have happened! I'm so happy you found her in the end ^^

Nail polish remover + symbols... :(
same for me :( I've read and heard acetone-free nail polish remover does not remove symbols. well, yeah, some brands do not... the specific one I tried back then did  >_< and it was a childhood pony :drunk:
thankfully I was cautious/suspicious, and it only got smudged on a small area, but still...

I still miss that brand of remover though - it is no longer available in shops, and I don't know what was used in it, because I, unaware of its unavailability, instantly tossed the empty bottle away. it worked wonders on my actual nails (without damaging them too much) and also as dirt/acrylic paint remover from toys&plastic.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:21:19 AM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 07:23:17 AM »
When I was making the transition between being a child who still had her ponies and the adult who collects, I made some TERRIBLE mistakes. I ruined my poor baity childhood Bubbles with a very horrendous paint job. Apparently I didn't think to experiment on fakies when attempting my first custom... I still have her in my craft box and I've been trying really hard to repurpose her because I feel so guilty. Someday, poor thing...

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »
When I was making the transition between being a child who still had her ponies and the adult who collects, I made some TERRIBLE mistakes. I ruined my poor baity childhood Bubbles with a very horrendous paint job. Apparently I didn't think to experiment on fakies when attempting my first custom... I still have her in my craft box and I've been trying really hard to repurpose her because I feel so guilty. Someday, poor thing...

Hopefully you can fix her!  :)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 09:12:27 PM »
Same... I had never had issues deflocking before, but of course, my favorite SS pony Twilight's symbol got messed up. Luckily, it was the NDS symbol and the DS symbol came out fine.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 05:41:15 AM »
Same... I had never had issues deflocking before, but of course, my favorite SS pony Twilight's symbol got messed up. Luckily, it was the NDS symbol and the DS symbol came out fine.

I can't tell you how many of my deflocked ponies I would be ashamed to turn around for this exact reason, so to guys are not alone!! >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »
I totally pay attention to my own threads... Wow, glad it's not just me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal