collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fire Scare  (Read 2450 times)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Scare
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
I hope you won't be needing to pick just a few and that everything goes well :hug:

I haven't been in the similar situation, luckily. My collection is not very big, so I'd take them all, but if I were to choose, it would definitely be my childhood ponies :heart:

MidnightVelvet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 08:27:45 AM »
I'm so sorry! Hopefully nothing happens. If I had to pick a few ponies it would be all my g1's (I have 3) G3 Minty, my childhood pony Blue Mist, Lily Lightly, my ponvilles and blind bags, Thistle Whistle, Lemony Gem, DJ Pon3
Lyra and Sunset Shimmer. Oh and Talking Cadence. But I would most likely grab the biggest bag I have and stuff all my ponies, a few webkinz, and my LPS on my shelf  ( I just realized I have a bunch of LPS and Playsets in my attic in bins. They were my best friends when I was little.) I have most of my friends childhood ponies and it would break my heart to tell them that I lost them in a fire. :(

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
We had a fire here in june, It took out the royal gorge bridge and that was scary I felt so bad for the people that lost thair houses and all the animals that died by the fire. there where some horse ranches that went down. And I felt so bad beacuse all these people had lost so much and even more. we where 15 miles away from the fire and it was heading twords canon city..my brother got stranded in town for 4 days as well some other people we know. we where stranded here for a week.

I did pack my clothes and sentimental gifts up. and my toys mostly ponies i threw them in thair own tote and just put all my stuff near my bedroom door.

I prayed that the fire would stop and it wouldn't travel. it did stop after a 2 weeks. and in other parts of Colorado it went on but then we had been getting this freak heavy rain from the time the canon fire stopped until now. everyday it rained. it the rain got so bad the rods where getting washed away..but I don't think it was dangerous I didn't hear of any wrecks besides someone hitting a cow during that time.

So i thank god for the rain because that's probably what saved our tails this summer. and now that its becoming fall we worry much less. But now we pray that the snow is not too bad to get to work because work is 30 miles away for us.

So Be safe and don't worry ponies can be replaced. you and your animals can't if something happens.
be safe.
:accomplished:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »
I'm so glad everything's okay >.<

I have no idea what I would grab. I collect Japanese figures as well as ponies and well...most of them couldn't just be tossed into a bag as they would end up broken >.< Just thinking of trying to transport them quickly and carefully is making me anxious D8
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
First, I'm glad everything is ok. I hope it stays that way. u_u~

Fires scare me so much. :< There was a fire at the time of my wedding, and it was so scary to just stare outside the window and see everything on the other side burn...

I've thought about what sort of things I would grab incase of an emergency. u_u; I just don't know. Pony-wise, I guess it'd be the Takaras because I probably could never even afford to replace them, if I even found them again. Paradise is my favorite childhood pony, so her too...

this thread makes me want to get a fire proof safe... although I'm not even sure those work. u__u;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
I am glad you are ok and truly hope that it stays that way.

I would be ok I could get all my collection out really easy at the moment I only have a select few on display and the others are currently stuffed (literally) in three storage boxes under my bed. So I could just pack them in to my car and off I drive. So as long as the roads were clear we would be ok.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
I would grab a trash bag and throw as many that I can in it! I bet that was horrible going threw. I am happy to hear that no one got hurt.  I know that we love our ponies but they can always be replaced.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
Oh, that's scary. No, that's never happened to me, but sometimes I worry about fires. Trusting in God, though, helps me get through it. I'd never be able to choose between my ponies though. Maybe I could leave this McDonald's RD I have and MD's Cheerilee, but it would be really, really hard.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
:hug:  I'm glad you're ok and I hope everything stays that way.  On the 4th of July, a house about two streets down from us caught on fire and the house next to it got a bit ashy.  We were never asked to evacuate, thank goodness, but I was a little scared for awhile.  My first thought was to grab my ipad, medication and my USB (it has all my finished stories, though I need to update it with new stuff.). And childhood Winnie the Pooh.

If I had time to grab ponies:  childhood Raincurl, Wind Whistler, Tux, Satin and Lace, and my two Mountain Boys, Crumpet and her baby.  Those would be the first to be grabbed.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 04:42:58 PM »
Oh, I do hope you're in the clear now.  Fire's a really scary thing to contemplate... I love my ponies, but I'd be running around making sure my son's okay, that we had our official papers & cards, and the like.  If I had the time, I'd snag as many of my ponies that would fit inside my duvet cover... for sure my Minty, my GnS set, my teeny little Ribbon army, my waterfall set and ponies, and all of my rainbows.  But beyond those, whatever I could grab fast!

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
Hope everything's ok now for you. A house fire is one of my worst fears. I'm sure I'd be too busy grabbing the cats to think about the ponies, but I have visions of myself throwing armfuls of ponies out the window onto the front lawn in such a situation.

Elf

I just mentioned this exact thing to my husband. I said our entire yard would be littered with Ponies and Care Bears. I have well over 4000 (yes, thousand) Care Bears and I don't even know how many ponies. I would be more concerned with getting the 5 cats, 6 rats, and dog out of the house along with our medication. But I have a feeling I would run into both the pony room and to the loft and toss open the windows and throw out anything possible. I have almost all of the hard to find care bears so I can't even imagine losing those. I just hope it's nothing I ever have to find out! I'm glad you are safe and hope it continues that way!

MidnightVelvet

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »
Hope everything's ok now for you. A house fire is one of my worst fears. I'm sure I'd be too busy grabbing the cats to think about the ponies, but I have visions of myself throwing armfuls of ponies out the window onto the front lawn in such a situation.

Elf

I just mentioned this exact thing to my husband. I said our entire yard would be littered with Ponies and Care Bears. I have well over 4000 (yes, thousand) Care Bears and I don't even know how many ponies. I would be more concerned with getting the 5 cats, 6 rats, and dog out of the house along with our medication. But I have a feeling I would run into both the pony room and to the loft and toss open the windows and throw out anything possible. I have almost all of the hard to find care bears so I can't even imagine losing those. I just hope it's nothing I ever have to find out! I'm glad you are safe and hope it continues that way!

I can just imagine myself breaking my window and throwing ponies, and webkinz out of it.
Again I'm so glad you're family's ok.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 06:57:36 PM »
While it would be a tragedy, I honestly beleive ponies wouldn't even enter my brain if a fire broke out.  I'd make sure I put pants on, get my son and boyfriend out of the house. Because honestly, EVERYTHING else is replaceable. Yea, pictures aren't. But think about it, how many of us have Facebook/Photobucket... that all of our pictures are on? Old pictures, no. Unless you're the kind to scan, which is awesome. (I"m not.)

I have no idea where my son's birth certificate is. (I think the school has it on file anyway.) But you can order that online. Medication? You can request it from your doctor again. Ponies/toys? eBay, garage sales, craigslist. You can't replace loved ones or children, though. <3

I'm so glad you're safe!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

diamondshy

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
While it would be a tragedy, I honestly beleive ponies wouldn't even enter my brain if a fire broke out.  I'd make sure I put pants on, get my son and boyfriend out of the house. Because honestly, EVERYTHING else is replaceable.

This is pretty much how I feel.  Pants, family, laptop, and I'm out of the house!

I'm just lucky that I live in a place where the only natural disasters we seem to get are ice storms.  That would be a different kind of evacuation, though.  If a tree breaks under the weight and lands on the house, I'd have time to pack bare necessities, favorite books, and maybe some plushies.  But ponies and other things would be just fine in freezing temperatures.  In fire, not so much.  :C

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
Fear of something like this is why I've been feeling like I need to get rid of most of my childhood collection. I just hate the idea of them all burning up. And most of them are stored in boxes in my closet so they're not currently serving much of a purpose.

I've known for most of my life that my childhood Lucky Stallion would be the one pony and probably the one item I'd save from a fire, but if I could save more ponies I'd have to think about it. Probably the rest of his friends in the same mold (Clipper, Baby Sweet Celebrations, etc). I'd probably also save my amaaazing G4 Bowtie custom by ladybrooklyn; she's my favorite G4 in my collection and being a custom she's more difficult to replace.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:23:34 PM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal