collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you get your ponies?  (Read 529 times)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
We don't get much interesting stuff in our stores (or it's too damn expensive) so I prefer buying form members on the Arena. eBay is also an option, but probably 8 out of 10 ponies there are overpriced. I don't get how almost every non-mane6 G4 can cost like G1 nirvana :shrug:

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
I live in Mexico, and I get most of my ponies just from the store. They're pretty slow in bringing in the ponies too, which is kind of annoying. Even more so when they skip some! I also get ponies when we go to the U.S. and I literally scour thrift stores to find ponies. If anyone happens to see a girl in a thrift store desperately digging through piles of toys and asking all the employees there if they have ponies, it's probably me.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
Internet... for G1s.

G4, haven't really bought, stupid stores where I live does not carry the new ponies (with luck re-releases of the mane 6, and still surprised they carried Talking Cadance).

But haven't really buying G4s in internet due to...  sellers being abusive with the prices!  (A $4-5 G4 being sold at $20 USD).  Ebay just to see but not to buy =X

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
I'm mostly an online girl. G1's and G2's I check ebay and Gumtree every few days, G3's I usually do the markets runs and G4 I try to get from stores where I can at a decent price (I got the carousel for $5 off ebay - $50? no way!).

But we're still on the first wave of tinsel mane mane 6 ponies, and they're pretty new here - no sign of the masquerade girls or anything else remotely interesting in the brushables or FS, just monster Twilight. grrr.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
Mostly here or ebay mainly.

I did have a spell as they were all over Skipton but now there is totally nothing around. it is like everything has dried up.

Though I have just discovered smyths toy store and managed to snag twilight castle set for £9.99.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
When I lived in Japan I relied on LJ sellers. For older gen ponies I go to the flea market or the Arena. I've almost bought exclusively from overseas sellers on the Arena and they've been fantabulous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline NorthernFlower

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
 Hard  :lol: It is  only girl in our city who sell vintage  ponies sometimes.  And she gets rendom ponies, not somebody`s "grails".

divalei

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »
I mostly collect G1 and G2, so online is my choice. I don't use much ebay but Finnish auction site, from two forums and such. And time to time I check local flea markets. Also friends and family are helping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal