collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 44540 times)

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #1125 on: May 28, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »
Also in the Uk,  I found all the wave 2 picture day dolls in boots today  :)

I didn't even know boots sold monster high! I'll have to check that out  :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
Speaking of scalpers, I saw someone on eBay selling a lot of six Catrines. Now I don't know for sure that they are a scalper. They could very well not be. However, why would anybody sell six Catrines at once though?

If PD wave two is in the UK, maybe it will make its way over here before autumn!

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
Also in the Uk,  I found all the wave 2 picture day dolls in boots today  :)

I didn't even know boots sold monster high! I'll have to check that out  :)

Me either, but hey it's one more vendor.

I'm going to go and check mine tomorrow.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2013, 03:22:46 PM »
Today I was comparing Scaris Frankie to DotD Frankie and I realized how different the two look. Scaris Frankie (as well as PD Frankie) has much bigger eyes than DotD Frankie. They look quite different. Did they change Frankie's head mold at some point? Or are they just painting her eyes much larger?

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 28, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »
Is it old news that the two pack Abbey doesn't have tinsel?

I don't think anyone's mentioned it here:)  Someone did link to some "in-hand" photos and the person who took the pictures wrote she didn't have tinsel.  If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have known.  I get all my info here :blush:

I'm sure right after I click "post" someone will come with the pictures you want, but.......

......I think it's a bit too early for pics of PD Operetta next to her DDG doll.

I've only heard of two maybe three of us who have managed to find her (plenty of PD Frankies and Lagoona though :P)  Odds aren't great those two or three people have the DDG doll too.

Okay, someone prove me wrong:)

Just for the record, I LOVE the PD version, myself.  The hair is EPIC.  Clothes are neat too.  None of the DDG dolls do a thing for me:(

And, yet, how would I know for sure if I didn't ask? Maybe it is too early but no harm in asking just in case.

Didn't mean anything by my response.  I just didn't want you to be disapointed if no one produced any photos.  Some people seem to get upset when things are overlooked or go unanswered around here.  I was just trying to help...

Today I was comparing Scaris Frankie to DotD Frankie and I realized how different the two look. Scaris Frankie (as well as PD Frankie) has much bigger eyes than DotD Frankie. They look quite different. Did they change Frankie's head mold at some point? Or are they just painting her eyes much larger?

I think they are playing around with eye placement on her :huh:  Remember when they did the same thing with Draculaura around the time 2.0 came out?  I think it's Frankie's turn now :rolleyes:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 28, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »

I think they are playing around with eye placement on her :huh:  Remember when they did the same thing with Draculaura around the time 2.0 came out?  I think it's Frankie's turn now :rolleyes:

They've done it with Clawdeen too! My Schools out Clawdeen has narrow, angular, fierce eyes but all the Scaris Clawdeens I've seen have big almost doe eyes :blink:

I can't believe it! I got my Scarah Screams down off my shelf today and noticed after nearly a whole year of having her, her lips are really smudgy and awful looking! I'd be more annoyed but luckily I managed to snag 2 last year. At least my decision which to leave MIB has been made for me :huh: And to think I call myself a picky collector!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2013, 06:03:22 PM »
This is not so unusual-  they generally get estimated receipt dates from the factory- and probably provide people with later than anticipated dates so that they don't freak out when the dolls are three weeks later than expected instead of a month early.

I also like that they are doing pre-sales for some of the more highly sought dolls- I think it cuts down on scalping.

Since i'm more familiar with books or comic book releases, i really didn't have a clue.
This makes total sense now, thank you!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
I think I liked Frankie's old eyes better. I think they messed with Cleo's eyes as well at some point because a lot of the earlier Cleo dolls were really wall-eyed but the newer ones don't seem to have that issue anymore. I noticed most of the Scaris dolls have large eyes. I hope they don't stay that way. I like the smaller eyes on most of the dolls. I do love Rochelle's big eyes, though.

Aaryana

« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
Didn't mean anything by my response.  I just didn't want you to be disapointed if no one produced any photos.  Some people seem to get upset when things are overlooked or go unanswered around here.  I was just trying to help...

No worries. 5+ years in online collecting communities has taught me that no response does not mean someone is ignoring me. I just also know that the only way to find something out is to ask and see. FWIW, I caved and bought PD Opie online. The doll herself was regular doll price, so I'm just "out" shipping. I guess I'll compare the two for myself soon enough.

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 28, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
Interesting to see that Gigi's on the normal body- wasn't there speculation at some point that she would be on the Nefera body?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

cleverLC

« Reply #1135 on: May 28, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »
Is it old news that the two pack Abbey doesn't have tinsel?

I didn't know.  It's good news for me--I don't know if I'm a fan of Abbey's tinsel strands.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 28, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
I wouldn't consider it old news. More like a "The more you know" moment. :P

So Gigi is an average doll size and not a Nefera size doll?? Had no idea.

My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 28, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
I wonder if Catty will be Nefera sized? In a way, I want her to be, but the downside would be that she couldn't wear the many pairs of shoes I've accumulated, not to mention all the clothes.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 28, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
Yeah, that's what kinda sucks about having different size dolls. >,<; "Yay, various sized dolls! But only some of them wear certain pieces of clothes." :( They need fashion packs for Nefera and possibly HHM.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 28, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
The size difference is the reason I haven't bothered to get Nefera. I think she's gorgeous and everything, but I don't really care for her sig outfit much and since she can't wear the shoes & clothes of the other dolls, she'd be stuck wearing it. Unless I manage to change a pattern to fit her and make something myself. At least with Howleen, she fits most of the clothes and shoes ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal