collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you PLAY ponies??  (Read 11056 times)

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How did you PLAY ponies??
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »
I usually made them have giant wars on my floor. They wouldn't really fight, but, they'd line up face to face and the leaders would argue with each other about things like what to do with the land.

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »
My Baby Cotton Candy was a jet fighter pilot for G.I. Joe... but only after he saved the rest of the My Little Ponies from the G.I. Joes, who thought the MLPs were some bizarre faction of Cobra.   

Butterscotch was Baby CC's mom, and Tex (who belonged to a neighbor) was his dad, Baby Splashes was his bratty little sister.   Boy Baby Glory (my sister had a Baby Glory as well, and so mine was the boy, her's was the girl) and sweet little Baby Moondancer were Baby CC's best friends.   Funny note about Baby Moondancer, her personality was a lot like G4 Fluttershy!

As for other pony "marriages", Sparkle Ponies Sky Rocket and Sunspot were a couple, but they were space aliens, so I just used whatever pronouns I felt like using for them whenever I felt like it, which cause a lot of confusion (and massive arguments) with the neighbor kids.   Baby Sparkle Pony North Star was their kid.

Otherwise I wasn't much interested in ponies being married or together, I was too busy brushing hair or fighting off crazy Barbie dolls.   Oh, and a lot of talk of "sketti" (spaghetti), the best food ever. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:40 AM »
I think I was training myself to be a collector even back then....even though I had lovely friends who would do nothing but take care of the ponies I was the one who had to bring everything off the shelf, account for the toys, hand out who could have which pony and then make sure they were all tidied away perfect afterwards lol! Talk about paranoia at age 5!

We also all "pretended" to be the same pony as we played...crawling around on hands and knees...very very odd now I think about it!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

vinzydesigns

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
I lived with my grandmother and her yard was basically a huge garden with loads of flowers. I used to walk them through the flowers , pretending they were playing together and romping together. Because, giant flowers are normal to a kid lol

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 01:21:12 AM »
By myself I would brush and carefully style their hair. Then I would bring them all downstairs to display them to my whole family. I would also take Seaflower outside to watch her hair change.

With my friend (who had 2 sisters and thus a billion ponies) first we would decide the social hierarchy  of the ponies. For example Cherry Treats was the cool Aunt pony and Cloud Dreamer was the mommy. Somehow her Minty was always one of the antagonists and was called "Bartholomew".  Together the ponies would go on adventures and meet family members and struggle to overcome the evil Bartholomew.

Fun times!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:02 AM »
When I was really little I don't remember exactly how me and my friends used to play with them but I'm pretty sure it was partly based on the TV shows and partly just being super girly, like some of them being princesses, and going for tea parties and stuff lol!

Then when I was a bit older me and a different friend used to play with them as if they were families; my ponies were one family and hers another, living nearby. A couple of the ponies would be rockstars and "come to town to play shows" and we'd put music on and pretend the ponies were singing! haha!

I remember once we pretended they'd come to life... one pony would listen only to me so my friend stepped out of the room while I convinced the pony to talk to us by writing stuff down... naturally I was writing things (I don't remember what) while my friend waited outside the room lol! Then we went back in after a few minutes and were all like "OMG the pony wrote something"! We both knew what was really happening but it was fun to pretend lol.

Offline ElleJay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:57 AM »
I think I was training myself to be a collector even back then....even though I had lovely friends who would do nothing but take care of the ponies I was the one who had to bring everything off the shelf, account for the toys, hand out who could have which pony and then make sure they were all tidied away perfect afterwards lol! Talk about paranoia at age 5!

That is actually so cute!

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
This thread is very fun to read! But it makes me feel I may have not been very active as a kid. My idea of playing mostly consisted of looking at them, holding them and then setting them all up in one long line which I called a "pony parade". I didn't have any placesets or such. I did set up houses, shops, placesets for my barbies and act out stories if I actually had friends over. But overall I'd describe my play time as very quiet haha.

I did the exact same thing! In regards to ponies, I would sit on the floor and set them up in a circle (with me being in the center) and just brush their hair and make sure they were clean. I did play with sea ponies in the bath (I actually only had one) and in the pool, which I recall was quite fun! With my Barbies, I would only really "play" with them if I had friends over. But I dont actually recall ever playing with ponies, which makes reading this thread so much fun!

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
What a nice idea for a thread :)

I mostly remember playing with them in the bath, or in the paddling pool in the garden :) Good times! Making ponies dive in the water was so fun for some reason o_0. I had a simple red plastic boat thing or empty plastic bottle and tubs my mum gave me and I loved putting them on top and watching them float around. And I'd bury them in the sand-pit...(We had a big blue plastic shell thing, water in one side and sand in the other) When I wasn't ruining them with water and sand I'd brush their hair and make 'houses' out of cushions and blankets in my room for them to live in. I think I also liked making them 'jump' from thing-to-thing. Like jump from the floor, to the coffee table, to the sofa.
I was age three to five, but then I lost interest in playing with mlp when I was six and moved on to puppy-in-my-pocket ><.

That's super cute- you were having fun with them and that's waht really matters!  I wasn't allowed to take my ponies or barbies or stuff like that in the bath tub- at the time I was annoyed but now I'm thankful.  I don't let my daughter take her good toys in the bath either haha.

Aw thanks, putting a ponies on top of an empty upside-down icecream tub and watching them float around for hours on end was the HEIGHT of entertainment for me! (I was...easily amused) Now of course several of my favourites have the evil tail-rust and other problems :(
You are wise to keep them well out of the water! XD

We also all "pretended" to be the same pony as we played...crawling around on hands and knees...very very odd now I think about it!

That's cute XD I liked lining them up all tidy too!

I was so concious about not cutting my toys hair, and not drawing on their bodies, but getting them wet and burying them in sand was ok (that was my er, logic!)
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline GazeboMouse

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »
I and my friend were horse-mad, so my Butterscotch went to her house to compete with all 25 of hers (her family was rather well-off!) and we had gymkhanas. Then we used to read my friends MLP comics. We spent ages at her house and mine with giant sheets of paper making play mats with orchards, jumps, paddocks etc. And we used to draw round the first MLP's pose ponies onto card, colour them in and make a little flap at the back for a stand so we could have the ponies in the sticker album and comics that we didn't have yet! I've still got my cardboard Applejack. I remember making a Glory one as well!

Valkohai

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »
As a kid my firt experience on MLP was when I got a pink pegasos from my mom. I think it is Firefly but I can't remember for sure as I was very small humanworm back then. I lost her when we moved out from first home and I remember being sad about it. I think my next pony was Kisscurl followed by two fakies (one blue that had clipitty-:drama: sound and a horse sound when you press button on her belly, second was Lunby(I think), a blue baby pony with white hooves, rainbow hair and no symbol). I also remember having Hip Hop and Baby Snoozy(rabbit).. Beside the ponies I had pony school and parfume palace. Pony school I bought with my own money that I got when I was 10years old.(Own money=birthday money).
 I also had Kylee from Extreme Ghostbusters, BAby Godzillas and T-rex from Jurassic Park. Little Pet Shop, Lion King toys and Kinder suprise toys. And like most girls around the world.. I had barbies. I always mixed all this up!
 Kylee lived in a two story building with.. I don't remember who it was with her.. Either it was a Godzilla or a lionking. Anyway, Kylee rided Kisscurl(who could speak huma) and together they catched ghosts that hunted barbies(house made up from lined VHS casettes). Godzillas were pretty nice but sometimes went havoc and ponies and Kylee had to calm them up. That is one play I remember but sure there were differents as well. Me and my friend could continue our plays for days and I asked momnot to clean our play so we could continue next day.
 When I stopped playing I put all my toys away to their rightful places. I always made sure barbies sat nice in their boxes, clothed and combed. Ponies stood next to the box or in Barbie van. I think Kylee had exclusive right to stay on display because her 2story building was actually just a small chelf I had dubbed as a house and since it was not in a way under my desk it was always there.

Sadly though when I was in 5th grade or so my mom disaided for me that I was too old to play and while I was at school.. she had put all my toys in a bag and driven them to a faraway family warehouse. I found out later that my ponies had been given away. Last year when I discovered MLP society and got my courage to claim my childhood back from mom.. she told me that the family ware house(that is actually our family's old, unliveble, farm house) had been cleared out in summer.. (of course I was not told) so I got a hissy fit(at age of 24, lol). I was mad at her for days because she had thrown my perfectly good schoole house and parfume palace to trash because they were "broken" (aka they missed pieces such as school bell/clock and the puffer on top of parfume palaze). OF course she did not understand why I got mad again.
 For good luck though mom felt sorry for me and called my aunt if she had my ponies. Sure enough she had so next time I visited aunt I got my ponies back! Kisscurls trouth was slit open.. All were super dirty..  Hip Hop was nowhere to be found. (Hip Hop is so expencive to regain too.. it brakes my heart to remember her..) I also cout my cousins Tex. His hat is missing and his ears were chewn off (by a male cousin). Also my blue fakie was never found.. But I did gained Starflower as an extra as well as one G3. (still miss my Hip Hop thou..) Only Baby Sboozy was in superb condition.. only minos in her was her symbol being rubbed off a little bit.

Sorry for the long post. It was nice to be able to mutter of my childhoods good parts for a change.

DoctorMowinckelyou're awsome <3

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »
when i was reallly little i would drag them around by thier tails, and played so much in the bathtub... i dont remember playing with them much outside of the tub till later. I remember taking all my ponies and putting them in  our playhouse, which had shelf like ledges. They had adventures in trees and grass.  :ater i would drape a blue blanket over the side of my bed, take my barbie furniture and pony accessories and make a town at the bottom of the "waterfall".  Ponies would play in the waterfall, and in the town.  Twirler was always a bad guy... and ponies died alot... but then they'd come back to life somehow... i was kinda violent i guess. ^___^ 
I remember one time me and my cousin had our rainbow ponies and were playing in the car. Mom had to stop at the atm and the window was down so we had to have the ponies run on the atm... Erin forgot her's and we had to go back!
I was just going through my ponies separating my early childhood ones from the others. I started collecting at a really really early age! like 2nd or 3rd grade.  Cherry treats was and will always be my favorite!  Baby surprise was the pony i ever got rid of. I let a friend borrow her to play with and we moved 3 states away and i never got her back.  I prayed and prayed later to get another and within 3 months i had 5!!! I will never let a baby surprise go!!!  I also had surprise, heart throb, baby lofty, Tootsie, Cherries Jubilee, taf buttons, ss fifi and bouncy, high flier, stripes, gusty, twirler, dancing butterflies, baby lofty, fizzy, windy, bright night, wind drifter, princess primrose and princess royal blue.  I also remember my mom buying me 97 sundance, and i still have all her accessories but one hairclip! :3 
I remember more searching for ponies and buying them.  I wish i would have bought all the ones i saw as a kid! I would have had the largest pony collections EVER!  being born in 91 by the time i was pony age, all the older girls in our small town were selling thiers at yard sales.  O if only! I passed up the wedding set for twirler... *stupid stupid stupid* and i couldnt convince my mom to buy the baby bonnet school of dance. *my dad got it for me last christmas!* At least i had a sister who also had ponies... not as many as me, but i have them now!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
I only had four ponies too. I was born in '88 so by the time I was old enough to express that I wanted ponies, production was winding down. I only ever got one brand new pony I think. The rest were from thrift stores. However, my best friend had a sister who was 6 years older than us and she had about 50 ponies. My friend's mom ran a daycare that I went to every day, and every afternoon once nap time was over, we'd go to the basement and take turns picking out which ponies we would play with. We each had our favorites and the only pony I remember us getting into arguments over was Princess Primrose, but we were pretty good at taking turns. Otherwise, I always chose Mommy Bright Bouquet and Sundance, and usually Applejack. I just liked that pose for some reason I guess. I picked Daddy Sweet Celebrations a lot too. Once we sorted out the ponies, we would do their hair and make them pretty (she had this huge jewelry box filled with her grandma's costume jewelry to decorate ponies with - the best part was the box only contained clip-on earrings, which made perfect pony barettes), then we'd set up our scene and just... play :P Sometimes we'd be having such a good time that we'd leave the ponies in their spots until the next day and pick up where we left off instead of re-sorting the ponies and starting over ^^
We did this for at least 3 years so we varied our plots a lot, but pony weddings and galas were always popular! And for some reason we always had the baby ponies run away. I think we were unduly influenced by Baby Lickety Split running away in the movie and just decided the goal of all of the babies was to run away as soon as no one was looking XD
We were also kind of obsessed with the idea of birth for a few months once we found out about the birds and the bees (although we were hazy on the details), so we used this little unicorn statue to be the "newborn" and the "pregnant" pony would go away to the hospital and all the other ponies would wait anxiously until the mommy screamed bloody murder a few times and gave birth. It was highly dramatic :P  Also, we were totally incorrect about where babies come out and I blame those Surprise Birth stuffed animals, you know the ones with velcro-sealed pouches in their tummies where a few babies were stored? Totally confused us with the anatomical weirdness of that. We both had them so we thought babies must come out of belly buttons lol!

It's fun to find out how everyone else played with their ponies. Kids are so imaginative, I wish I had the imagination I did when I was little!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:08:13 AM by babystarz »

Offline VanillaBean

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
I used to take my G2s on adventures on the front & back lawns. I'd haul out all my playsets & build paddocks from the rainbow fences they came with. Sometimes I'd steal my parent's camera & take photos of the ponies climbing in bushes & exploring, then make the pics into little storybooks. :)

I also remember acting out 'The glass princess' episode in the bath, tying the ponies up & washing their hair, although thankfully I didn't cut it.  xD
Me & my friends always pretended we were the characters too, running around on all fours like goons   :lol:
Ahh, those were the days.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
These are fun to read!
My ponies were always in a good guys vs. bad guys mode.  Ponyland was always on the look out for the evil Fairy Tale Birds who would come in and capture the ponies by their tales (much like the "rescue at midnight castle" episode :)).  The ponies would then be taken away to a magical jail where they'd have to try to break-out.  Meanwhile, other ponies in ponyland would always try to find their way to the jail...they'd "climb" up the "cliff" (aka the sides of my bed), go through the "caves" (aka the blanket on my bed when it was all crumpled up), and traverse dangerous heights (aka trying to jump from furniture piece to furniture piece without falling to their doom). 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal