collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 75501 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #915 on: September 05, 2023, 02:27:55 PM »
The air conditioning is frozen. :(  When the company called this morning, they asked if I thought it was frozen, but I said I didn't see any ice.  By the time the techs got here, there was ice on the inside.  The only way to fix it, is to turn the unit completely off and wait for the unit to unfreeze.  The techs said if we're lucky, it might thaw out by 11 pm tonight.  If it starts to freeze up again though, we have to turn the unit back off.  They also said it froze because my mom uses a humidifier at night.  Another hot night inside tonight.  I wish we could go to a motel.

I suggested that we turn the unit of when it started acting up, but my mom said she thought it was okay and just needed freon.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #916 on: September 05, 2023, 07:31:59 PM »
Sorry the AC isn't working. At my parents old house, ours would freeze all the time.

I've got a headache again. I always seem to get them around this time lately. I can't figure out why.

I do have some good news though, I got my thyroid medicine today :) Hopefully it won't take too long for me to start to feel better.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #917 on: September 08, 2023, 02:57:10 AM »
I have sores in my mouth again and my lips are all cracked and inflamed. I drank orange pineapple juice the other day and I think that's to blame. Man, can't even enjoy some citrus without problems :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #918 on: September 09, 2023, 06:58:53 AM »
Why am I the only one complaining? :P

The fan blades in the living room ceiling fan have black fuzzy edges. I tried to clean them with an extendable Swiffer 360 duster, but it is stuck on. I don't have a step ladder or anything to reach them. Maybe maintenance can clean them for me?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #919 on: September 09, 2023, 08:44:21 AM »
i have a complaint :)

Hulu's prices are going up so we decided to cancel it. we've been purchasing our favorites stuff from AppleTV for years so we have a decent library. personally i can watch the same stuff over and over. streaming is such a rip off now. we're down to Prime and Apple. We use Prime for the free shipping too so at least that provides more value. And Apple is still pretty cheap. i'm cancelling if it goes up.  i'm trying to get rid of every subscription I can now or downgrade if it's something I have to have.

i know i've complained about this before but i'm so sick of subscriptions for everything. it's just a way to squeeze more money out of people and make quarterly reports look better. i'm also sick of "smart" devices that require apps. no i don't want to download an app for my blender. they never work well and i doubt there is much incentive for companies to maintain these apps after 1 or 2 years.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 09, 2023, 12:01:54 PM »
I got the notice about the prices going up for Hulu too.  I don't watch Hulu much anymore, but I'm not quite ready to cancel yet, because there are few things on there that I don't think are on other streaming services yet.

I feel really sad today.  We stopped by the mall for a bit earlier.  My mom had told me what she wanted for a present.  I got that and had planned on getting a couple of Funko Pops from Hot Topic and also some books from the bookstore.  Hot Topic didn't have the Pops I wanted.  I ended up leaving the bookstore without any books, because I decided to wait a couple more days since another book I want is coming out.  It was my choice not to buy books today, even though I could have. So why do I feel so sad?

I'll just order the Pops I wanted from Amazon.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 03:03:29 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #921 on: September 10, 2023, 12:45:37 AM »
I also hate subscriptions. And I hate that you have to have subs for every different service because things are scattered between them. But the subs I hate the most are software ones. That is absolutely not for the benefit of customers. Pay once and then pay again every year to keep that software running. Yuck.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 10, 2023, 02:09:48 AM »
Pancake fail!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #923 on: September 10, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
I use Hulu with ads, that's staying the same. Netflix keeps going up though. I think it's up to $17. I get a discount on Prime because I have an EBT card. Those are my only subs. I like Tubi and Pluto TV too, those are free.

My complaint. I have a small thin cut on my finger. Might be a paper cut? Or maybe I snipped it with the tip of the scissors. It hurts so much! It's also very dry in here, my lips are cracked.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 10, 2023, 12:29:46 PM »
I’m having car trouble and may have to buy a new vehicle.  With a car payment my collecting days may be gone, or at least it may be a long while before I can add to my collection😞

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #925 on: September 11, 2023, 04:06:31 AM »
I have a blister on top of a blister on my left pinkietoe.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #926 on: September 11, 2023, 11:03:44 AM »
Everyone up for another Taffeta bus rant? No? Well, tough xD.

So the new bus began at the start of last week, when we were in London. We've been using it these last few days, and genuinely, our area is the best placed on the route because it's pretty much the midpoint. It means that in terms of getting to the main centre, we have more buses than we did before. BUT the frequency of buses to the local market town and the hospital has been reduced, and frankly, they're unworkable.

So Wednesday night is meant to be the bus user group meeting. It's on the other side of the borough - about 8 miles (which is a fair distance when you have no car), and will cost us around £20 ($30 in conversion) in taxi fares there and back if we decide to go. Even if we do, however, the people responsible for all the crazy chaos have decided not to bother attending.

There are so many people who have had their whole lives messed up by these unexpected and badly informed changes, and now the people who say they are on the side of residents refuse to even attend the group that's meant to represent them. (Although it doesn't, but that's another matter).

Arrogant. High handed. Brats.

And that's all I have to say.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #927 on: September 11, 2023, 03:36:39 PM »
I have a pain in my upper left side and partly my back. It's been hurting all day. It feels like a sore muscle but all I did yesterday was laundry. Maybe I somehow pulled it or something when I was putting clothes into the dryer.

My appetite is still bad. I didn't eat yesterday and I didn't want to eat today but I had a bowl of cereal.

I really don't feel well. I think the antibiotics are taking a lot out on me. My infection has gotten less red but not much else has happened.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 11, 2023, 05:11:45 PM »
did not sleep well last night.   :mad:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 12, 2023, 06:08:55 AM »
My parents are driving me crazy.   :argh: :argh: :argh: We're still having trouble with my elderly dog and my dad has made it very clear that the accidents have to be cleaned up right away or my mom might slip and fall.  Last night the dog had had an accident while we were eating.  No one stopped to clean it up except me. I simply asked were the old towels and rags were that we use for that purpose and we could only find one.

Also, 2 of the Funko Pops I was going to order from Amazon sold out on release day.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal