collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205345 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #795 on: March 22, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
There’s a new trailer for Fruits Basket Season 2. It’s in Japanese with English subtitles.

I put it in a spoiler since it  might spoil some things if you haven’t already read the manga.

I finished Season 1 of Fruits Basket and will probably start My Roomate is a Cat soon.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 25, 2020, 03:03:25 PM »
I started watching My Roommate is Cat and was very surprised to find out who one of the voice artists is.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #797 on: March 25, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »
I started watching My Roommate is Cat and was very surprised to find out who one of the voice artists is.

Ponyfan

I must admit I love this anime.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:45 AM »
I have been so annoyed with the non working internet, havent watched anything  :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 01, 2020, 01:24:55 PM »
I’m sorry your internet isn’t working tikibirds.

I’ve been watching more anime lately since my job has been put on hold due to the coronavirus. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
I don't wanna go back through all the pages to see if this show was mentioned, but it's kind of relevant now in what is going on in the world. But I just started watching on netflix the first season of Cells at Work. I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's so wacky and sorta cute. Rather graphic with the blood when they murder germs but I find I'm enjoying it.

Another thing I'm watching is the second season of 7 Seeds and also I've watched quite a few of the next season of Castlevania.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 02, 2020, 08:40:31 AM »
I don't wanna go back through all the pages to see if this show was mentioned, but it's kind of relevant now in what is going on in the world. But I just started watching on netflix the first season of Cells at Work. I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's so wacky and sorta cute. Rather graphic with the blood when they murder germs but I find I'm enjoying it.

Another thing I'm watching is the second season of 7 Seeds and also I've watched quite a few of the next season of Castlevania.

I watched the first eps of Cells at Work a few months back and it seemed like the crazy anime version of a show I watched as a kid (Once upon a time life)...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 02, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »

I watched the first eps of Cells at Work a few months back and it seemed like the crazy anime version of a show I watched as a kid (Once upon a time life)...

This is a great teaching show about how the human body works. I watched another episode last night and my dad watched it and he had that WTH expression, so I had to pause an explain stuff, even though the show literally stops to explain who each new cell that shows up is/does.

I'm hoping my white blood cells and the rest are paying attention.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »
Recently my husband and I binged Beastars in one night a couple weeks ago. This week we finished watching Cells at Work which felt like an appropriate show for right now and it was very informative. My husband also recently finished Virgin Soul: Rage of Bahamut about a girl who turns into a dragon...when...men make her blush =P That felt kind of silly to me plus I thought the girl was too loud so I kinda dropped out of watching it until towards the end.

Ha didn't even notice KarentheUnicorn was describing Cells at Work in the above post. How neat that there's been two of us here watching it^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 03, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »
Thanks everyone. I will give Cells at Work a try. Is it available in both subbed and dubbed versions?

Ponyfan

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 03, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
Thanks everyone. I will give Cells at Work a try. Is it available in both subbed and dubbed versions?

Ponyfan

I don't know if they have subbed, the one on netflix is in english.

haha, we're all learning about our body.

Comeon white blood cells kick corona's butt!!

What's funny to think about is this is happening inside our bodies all the time; although our white blood cells and immune cells actually EAT the invaders instead of killing them but it's funny to see white blood cell go crazy killing a germ and then switch back to being mild and soft spoken.

Plus I like how it gives information on each cell, it's almost like I'm watching a documentary (hehe).

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 04, 2020, 12:07:43 PM »
Tokyo Mew Mew's getting a new anime!

I'm 99% sure it's going to be a reboot... maybe "truer to the manga" like Sailor Moon Crystal? but TMM didn't really change much from the manga, unlike SM, so I don't really see the point.. oh well, we'll see what happens.

I can't believe both of my favourite mahou shoujo series are getting revivals in the same year. o_O

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 04, 2020, 12:27:31 PM »

Ponyfan

I don't know if they have subbed, the one on netflix is in english.

haha, we're all learning about our body.

Comeon white blood cells kick corona's butt!!

What's funny to think about is this is happening inside our bodies all the time; although our white blood cells and immune cells actually EAT the invaders instead of killing them but it's funny to see white blood cell go crazy killing a germ and then switch back to being mild and soft spoken.

Plus I like how it gives information on each cell, it's almost like I'm watching a documentary (hehe).

We have a first name relationship with white blood cells in this family because of my mother's leukaemia/lymphoma (blood cancer)...she has a plush version of most of the things her immune system has lacked at one time or another (though right now she apparently has a full set in her body as well). So I sat her down to show her some of the scenes from this and said to her, those are the bits that don't work right in your blood. And she was kind of like...

"That's a bit worrying."

Especially the creepy little kid platelets. We have a joke in our house that Mum now has one giant platelet that heals all her wounds because at times in the past her platelets have been so low she should have bled to death internally but somehow didn't. Now apparently they're at normal levels, but it's fun to see how the anime presents them and even more fun seeing my mother a little creeped out by it xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2020, 08:07:26 AM »
I tried getting into Beastars since it's on Netflix now and I like stuff like Zootopia and such - and Zootopia had to keep it PG, so I thought it would be fun to watch an anthro animal murder mystery that actually acknowledged that some of them are natural killers...
But whoa, it's just so ugly to me. No offense to anyone working on it but the style is so weird.

Character design rant ahead:
Spoiler
Some animals have anime eyes, some don't, some have dots for eyes. Some have human necks and skulls, some don't. Some look very realistic, others look like cartoons. And their sizes are all really off.
It also committed the same 'crime' as Zootopia by mixing pet breeds created by humans with natural species, which only made me wonder who the heck genetically engineered these things :lol: I'm too much of a visual nitpicker to let all of those choices slide.

I got three episodes in. I might be swayed to watch again if someone spoils the plot for me and it's really unique or something.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »
I watched Unico and the Island of Magic last night.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal