collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MO Sparkle Pony Project  (Read 773 times)

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
MO Sparkle Pony Project
« on: November 09, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
After realizing that re-hairing ponies is actually not as hard as I imagined, and honestly I find it enjoyable and sort of relaxing. (recently I re-haired Sherbert and Merriweather who had bad hair cuts). That I wanted to start a re-hair project.

I’ve always LOVED the sparkle ponies, I had all the babies and most of the adults (minus Napper) as a kid and I recently just bought MO star hopper and Napper. And I LOVE that they have alternative hair combinations which got me thinking about which colour hair the others should have.

I’ve decided that I’m going to re-hair the other four sparkle pony adults and I also wanted to do baby versions with different colour hair as I’ve always felt the hair on them (especially firefly’s) was really basic. I want to add tinsel to the babies hair, tinsel of the same colour to the hair I choose.

I did some mock ups and I want your opinion as I’m not sure if I should swap baby firefly and baby starflowers hair colours.

I’ll post a picture of all the mock ups I’ve done so far in my next post.

Post Merge: November 09, 2022, 02:08:29 PM

Here’s the link :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Edited due to bad ads on the site. Now image is embedded. Thank you! ~Tailrustedtealeaf
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:49:34 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: MO Sparkle Pony Project
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 11:06:36 AM »
I also did a re-imagining of the sparkle ponies recently, I re-organised and kind of consolidated the symbols, names and colour combinations that I like best from the adult and baby sets, plus the starlight babies. I was thinking of using HQG1C bases to make customs. However, in the end I decided to just do some drawings instead. I just wondered whether you would consider using HQG1C bases to make customs? They wouldn't be in the same poses, but at the moment I can see a purple pegasus, an orange or yellow earth pony and a white unicorn available. Or were you planning just to wait for the right baits to come along?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 03:02:47 AM »
I’m going to use baits or try to ones with hair cuts, I want them to match their store issue counter part and look like Hasbro issued MO versions but with different hair (just like MO Napper and Star Hopper) I have four of the eight doubles I need so far, going to start with them first.

I’m just in the process of looking for hair and tinsel on Shimmer Locks, trying to figure out what matches my mock ups the most.

I’m still not sure which colour hair baby firefly/Starflower should have. I have two mock ups of each on the link I’ve posted. I’ve just swapped their colours. Any thoughts?

Also,  love to see your drawings! Can you post a link?

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 06:11:09 AM »
Personally I like the magenta for Baby Starflower. Orange and magenta are a great combination. If I ever get the drawings done I'll post back!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 02:45:05 PM »
Thanks for the input! I just bought the hair from ShimmerLocks for the first 4 that I will be rerooting. Hopefully it comes before the weekend and I can start this week.

I’ll try to post pictures as I finish them. :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 07:34:38 PM »
What a fun idea!  I love this!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 07:35:49 AM »
if you love sparkle ponies have you seen that we now have pro made and dye your own if you want colors for a bunch of sparkle G1  molds?  HQG1C from our very own members here clipper and co. Have US, Canada, UK and Europe covered with distributors.  So if you don't find baity sparkles there are plenty of HQG1C's to rehair :-) so you can have a fun sparkle-clan herd (bigger than the apples I imagine) here's the link to the make your own = https://www.clipperssail.com/shop?Collection=Create+Your+Own&page=3

(and no I am not a paid sponsor I just love this project and all the new franken poses - they have baby mountain boys now - so want it successful / love spreading the word to customizers)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:37:29 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 11:29:17 AM »
I finished my first pony!

Here’s the picture:

I used Medley Green hair, Pristina Green Tinsel and Sunspot Gold Tinsel from Shimmer Locks.

I think she came out quite nice. Although it’s hard to see the different colour tinsel in the picture. As well, I don’t think I’ll add tinsel to the forelock going forward, it’s too hard to get to stay flat.

I just started working on Sunspot. Hope to have her finished tonight. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:52:24 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 12:47:44 AM »
Here’s my second pony.

Sunspot with yellow hair and gold and red tinsel. To be honest, I don’t love it, only for the fact that I think the yellow I used is too close to white, which it sort of just looks like her original hair when sun bleached but with red tinsel.

I may re hair her, I think I would maybe even uses different colour than yellow, I do wish I used pink tinsel instead of red. Oh well, on to the next.

:)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:53:07 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 01:25:31 PM »
I actually really like her, but the colour combo might be a little too sophisticated for what you intended, if that makes sense.

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 01:40:56 AM »
I finally finished another one.

I think she’s my favourite so far. Hope you like her as much as I do.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:53:51 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 08:54:47 AM »
I'm just letting you know since ImgBB has decided to so kindly begin hosting naked womens on their ads, I edited all of your posts to just embed the image. :P

I really like how they're coming out! I can't wait to see more from you!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline sweetstuff85

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 11:36:55 AM »
Thank-you for embedding them. :)

I’ll message you privately to figure how to embed for future posts.

My apologies.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2023, 01:42:13 PM »
The colour combos look really nice, the last one in particular! (Sorry, I can't remember the names and I'm too lazy to check :P )

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »
Beautiful ponies! :heart: Sunspot is one of my favorites and yes, I think she looks good with that color hair and tinsel, but some other colors may also suit her.  ^.^
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal