collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (Yet) unreciprocated trade...not sure if a scam  (Read 2979 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
(Yet) unreciprocated trade...not sure if a scam
« on: May 16, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »
So I got involved with a trade with a member here last month, which has yet been unreciprocated from their end. The deal was I was going to send a couple of my G4 ponies and an OOAK Funko Pop for a rarer G4 pony from them. We agreed to the trade on April 15th, I sent out my goods with a tracking number on April 17th, and the other member confirmed they received them about a week later.

About a week goes by, I don't get my end of the trade. I contact the member politely asking if there was a tracking number, they said yes, they got one, but the slip got thrown away.

No problem, it happens, so I give it another few days. This trade is happening in the US (domestically) so a week and change is reasonable, but no longer than that. 10 days go by, no dice. The member says they will send out their own double of the same pony. Sure, I say, but I'd like a tracking number this time. I also resent my address in case there was a typo the first time.

It's May 16th, almost a month later, and I haven't gotten any ponies or further communication from the other person  :(

I'm not only disappointed because I didn't get my pony (lol) that I really was looking for, but also because this person doesn't have a history of being sketchy or being a scammer. They've been around a couple years and have made a decent amount of posts. True, they didn't have any trade/sell history and perhaps I should have been more wary of that, but I figure everyone has to start somewhere? I mean we all had zero feedback on this forum at one point. It's possible life got in the way, but the least they could do is let me know?

I guess there's nothing to really be done, but I'm just disappointed this had to happen at the Arena to me again.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:22:27 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: (Yet) unreciprocated trade...not sure if a scam
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
I think you should leave negative feedback for her, so that others will be warned too. And maby contact a mod about it.
This is not how any good trade should end, nor how she just left you with nothing...

Im sorry that you had this kind of experience. :hug:
I dont have more advices, but Im sure there will be more help for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:24 AM »
Has she been online since you've contacted her with no response?
If so I'd leave negative feedback.

Even if youre giving someone the benefit of the doubt that something genuine may have happened the first and even the second time, if theyre not reaching out to give you an honest reply- thats enough for bad feedback in my opinion. Things happen, even to responsible people, but the way they handle it is what matters.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:06:17 AM »
Has she been online since you've contacted her with no response?
If so I'd leave negative feedback.

Even if youre giving someone the benefit of the doubt that something genuine may have happened the first and even the second time, if theyre not reaching out to give you an honest reply- thats enough for bad feedback in my opinion. Things happen, even to responsible people, but the way they handle it is what matters.

This! I agree completely! Things may have happened but no communication is very poor and if your trade partner has been around the Arena, that speaks volumes about how they handle things!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »
This is a bit late in terms of advice for your trade this time round, but it used to be a general guideline that if someone was a new trader or had no references, they sent their half first in a trade. It might be a good rule of thumb for the future since we were all new once, as you said.

Also, def. talk to the mods about this one and see if she has been online and posting since last she contacted you. On a last note, though, the US is a huge country and it is JUST possible this is the ultimate in unlucky postal delays ( although I am surprised she offered her own rare pony, I think most would return the original trade ponies with tracking in this situation...?). I sold some things to a fellow UK person here a few weeks ago and it didn't get there....turned out that it was stuck at a depot because the postman had not bothered to leave her an undelivered card. Only the fact I had tracking meant we found it. And the UK is TINY in comparison. I also once sent a pony to Canada and it ended up returned to me because the post, in their wisdom, sent it to CALIFORNIA. It was stamped by their office as undeliverable!

It is just possible this person had someone else take your pony to PO and it got shipped without one...and got lost. I am thinking of Truly's recent ebay experience with a very late item.

I am keeping my fingers crossed it works out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponylady

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
MidnightMocha Can you please contact me and let me know who your trade partner was?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:08:53 AM »
Thank you, everyone- it looks like they have not been online or posting since I last heard from them which is why I said maybe life got in the way. But it still just...seems odd. It isn't like packages don't get lost, but it's rare that they do.

I don't mind not having my own ponies back, I just really wanted Diamond Rose in exchange :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
Hopefully the mods can help you out!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »
Hopefully the mods can help you out!  :)

Yep. Lets hope for the best. :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »
Thanks everyone- on another note, is anyone offering Diamond Rose for sale/trade?  :huh:

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
I'm so sorry! I wish I could help out. I do not have this pony and I'm not sure where to get her. :(
*hugs*
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »
I'm so sorry! I wish I could help out. I do not have this pony and I'm not sure where to get her. :(
*hugs*
she was part of the earlier waves of single brushables (I think  2011?)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »
I just filed a dispute on paypal for something similar. They had no feedback so I should have known better. It happens, and we all know life can get in the way sometimes. But its not right for them to stop all contact with you. You should leave negative feedback and notify the mods. I did :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »
Update- the user got back to me a few days ago apologizing for not having shipped my item due to a personal loss in their family and that they would do it soon. Waiting to see if they do eventually come through. To be clear, I haven't left any sort of feedback for them yet.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:04 AM »
Lets hope that the person was telling the truth (of course I'm sorry for her if she has had a loss)  and that you get your pony soon :hug:  The person does need to keep up communication  with you too though

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal