collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: August 5th: Updated First Post with PICS! Need Your Advice!  (Read 2622 times)

SockThief

• Trade Count: (0)
August 5th: Updated First Post with PICS! Need Your Advice!
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
Here are pics of the second group of ponies I cleaned. :)

Perfume Set Star Pony

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CP Blossom

Peppermint Crunch

Baby Nibbles or Dibbles? *doesn't know*

Applejack

I still have a third group to clean! And that will be it with this mistery lot :) I love clean ponies, they look happy.  :satisfied:

Alright, so I have been doing some pony hunting everywhere from flea markets to friends, to sellers recommended by friends, and I was given the email of a seller who claims to have many Mexican ponies in different conditions.

He said he had everything from babies ot adults to "very hard to find ponies"...

He claims to NOT be an expert, but somehow he says the ponies are hard to find.--->How does he know? >_>

I asked him for pics, but he says he doesn't have a camera. I have two friends who have bought other toys from him and they say that is the way he works: he just puts a price on the lot and you get a bunch of stuff that you need to clean and sort out.

Now, he described the ponies and from what he says, I think he has a couple of Medleys, some Baby Blossoms, two Bowties, one Star Pony and what I think is a Posey, because he says it is yellow, has flowers for symbols, and light purple hair...is that possible? A Posey with purple hair?

I don't know if I should believe him or if I should buy his stuff, he seems like a bit of a scammer. What do you guys think? Should I risk getting fakies and ponies with cuts and some Posey fakie? Haha, I have to say I like misteries and I love surprises, and the price is not high, but I dunno...

Thoughts? Advice? Have you ever done this kind of "mystery" shopping? :blush:  :lookround: :|

Marce
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:02:55 PM by SockThief »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Need Your Advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:10:48 PM »
A lot of people know a real MLP when they see one, but don't know about how to clean them, how good their condition is, etc. Most people who say "I'm not an expert" use that sentence just to cover their behinds and keep from having to get too in-depth with a product that may be a secondary sale to them. Maybe they're actually all about Matchbox cars, but they buy the ponies knowing they're fairly easy to sell and he'll make a profit no matter what, however small.
If you have friends who have dealt with him, that's a good sign. I'm assuming you're communicating through email? If you buy with PayPal, you'll be covered under their Buyer Protection program. If you decide to buy through a moneyorder or whatever, you may be on your own. I'd take the risk, myself, since Friends have recommended him, but I'd still be hesitant. Is there a way you two could meet and yoou could see the ponies yourself?
And if it IS a purple haired posey...very cool!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »
Are you sure it isn't Blossom? Lavender is more prone to discoloring than other body colors and I've seen Blossoms specifically for sale that have turned some pretty funky colors. Not sure if Mexican ponies are any different as far as that goes, but I personally wouldn't get my hopes up. But I do wish you the best of luck with this! I hope you get some nice ponies!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SockThief

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Are you sure it isn't Blossom? Lavender is more prone to discoloring than other body colors and I've seen Blossoms specifically for sale that have turned some pretty funky colors. Not sure if Mexican ponies are any different as far as that goes, but I personally wouldn't get my hopes up. But I do wish you the best of luck with this! I hope you get some nice ponies!

LOL, had not thought of this. It could be a very discolored Blossom.  :P I think I will buy the lot, maybe there are interesting things. He is in another state, so I cannot go see the ponies in person.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »
I've bought Mexicans from a well known seller in Mexico. He never says the ponyies names, never tries to clean them, doesn't comment on their condition and lets his many pictures do the talking. He also says he isn't an expert...he just buys all kinds of lily Ledy toys and Mexican toys and sells them. I've never been disappointed with his ponies, even if he isn't an expert (he's sold literally hundreds of them, though!)

SockThief

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 09:11:35 AM »
I just sent him the money via Paypal. Let's hope everything is fine and I receive ponies that aren't just bait.  :P

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 05:24:01 AM »
Please let us know how your transaction goes :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 06:19:17 AM »
I'm excited for you.  I can't wait to find out what ponies you get.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
Me too! How exciting! And since you bought through PayPal, you're covered, so it's all good!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
I recently found out that a Peruvian variant of Posey has purple hair. So that could be it too, I guess.

Good luck!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SockThief

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
I recently found out that a Peruvian variant of Posey has purple hair. So that could be it too, I guess.

Good luck!

Really? So she exists? Do you have pics? I would like to see her :)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/G1/Ponies/yellow/Posey_peru_unknown.jpg
This is the one I saw while scrolling through yellow ponies. (Picture is from Strawberry Reef.) I'm not sure if her flowers were originally pink and faded or if they're originally white.

There's also a gorgeous Lickety Split with green hair: http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/1/17/Peru-lickety-split.jpg (Picture is from My Little Wiki)
MA-2882-9995-3504

SockThief

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 05:41:45 PM »
http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/G1/Ponies/yellow/Posey_peru_unknown.jpg
This is the one I saw while scrolling through yellow ponies. (Picture is from Strawberry Reef.) I'm not sure if her flowers were originally pink and faded or if they're originally white.

There's also a gorgeous Lickety Split with green hair: http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/1/17/Peru-lickety-split.jpg (Picture is from My Little Wiki)

WOW! She is like Argie Baby Posey's MOM!!!!!  ^.^

And that Lickety Split is wonderful.  :whoa:

Post Merge: August 21, 2014, 11:02:37 AM

Mom just let me know the ponies have arrived. I won't be able to go through the box till Sunday, since I am out of town, but I am excited to see what ponies I got! Will keep you updated!  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:02:37 AM by SockThief »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
There is a purple haired Mexican Posey, and she is extremely rare. 

::is still bitter about the one I paid for and never got::

Offline MLPBlue

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »
Very excited to see who has arrived!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal