collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Tara [name removed]" on FB Arena Group - Negative  (Read 1249 times)

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
"Tara [name removed]" on FB Arena Group - Negative
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
I just wanted to post a warning for those on the FB Arena Group and others here - I don't know her name on the arena but on Facebook she goes by "Tara" though that is also not her real name.

I originally had bought two ponies from her - SDCC Superhero Pony and the Egyptian Pony for $65 shipped. I sent her a PayPal payment within hours and heard nothing back for 3 days. I finally sent a message asking if the payment had been received and when I might expect to get the ponies. She said the ponies were ready to eship on Monday. Come the end of the week (Saturday) they still hadn't been received. I asked what happened and was told that there was an unexpected bill for $200 and when they Payment went in there was nothing left for her to pay for shipping with. (?!?!?!) and that they would go out "soon" though by this time it had been **10 days** since payment was made and the ponies were no closer to being shipped out. I filed a claim with PayPal and was immediately refunded. I received an email today from PayPal letting me know the refund had cleared and it also included a note from the "seller". I would advise all others to be wary in your dealings with this person as she doesn't seem like an honest seller at all.

Note:      I am giving you a full refund because you must be the type of psycho that would claim you got an empty box and get a refund even if I did mail them today. You are banned from all of my future sales. For gods sake..I wrote back everytime you contacted me.

Payment details

Sender:      Lauren  [name removed]

**ETA***
Last Names removed
things happen, sure. but communication is key and there was a massive failure in communication on her part as she should have been more forthcoming.

In the future do not remove a Mods note. PL
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:14:01 PM by ponylady »
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Tara " on FB Arena Group - Negative
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
Sounds like miss Tara is a little too immature to be a seller. Regardless of her financial situation, shipping money is for shipping only!
So sorry you had to deal with such an unnecessarily stressful, and rude seller *hugs*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:07:34 PM by ponylady »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: "Tara" on FB Arena Group - Negative
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
I am really sorry you had to go through this nonsense but it is the exact reason I do not do dealings on FB. I am glad you were smart enough to make sure that you didn't send a gift payment though and were able to get your money back.

I am also sorry as I had to edit the "real" last name of said person. It is a rule here for privacy concerns. I did leave the original name Tara since it's a fictitious name, obviously.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:15:04 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
sorry ponylady! thanks for editing. I wasn't sure about the rules and just copy/pasted from her email message about the refund. so miffed she would try to pull more bs after everything!
I thought it might be ok on facebook since it was the Arena's page.
I'm glad I didn't get burned too bad, I just hope no one else has the same troubles I have had with her or anyone else.

thanks Whoa! I'm feeling a little better about the whole thing since I was able to get a refund and I had some other spectacular dealings with people and got some great pony mail. Saturday will be a good day for Ponies, too - I can feel it! :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:08:03 PM by ponylady »
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 02:28:01 PM »

Just so you know :) The Facebook page is not actually an official Arena page.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:08:16 PM by ponylady »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »

Just so you know :) The Facebook page is not actually an official Arena page.

This. It's annoying that it isn't official because there are a lot of weirdos who somehow get in the group  :shocked:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:08:28 PM by ponylady »

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:57 PM »
Tara is Whippetluv on the TP (probably here too, didn't check). Yes, that is her real name.  Sadly this isn't the first time she's had issues getting things out to people. She and I had a very ugly falling out just on whether to contact her through email or Facebook regarding how to get in touch with her over a transaction that I played middleman for.  I was simply trying to help and got nothing but anger and bitterness in return.

*edit for personal remarks being made*

I get that emergencies come up. I've had plenty of them in the last few years. But I *never* bail on a buyer or a seller just because they came up. That's why you have an emergency fund. You pay yourself FIRST, before the emergencies come up. To to leave you hanging for 10 days after payment is inexcusable.

Edit: Lauren was the name of her last gf, so that might explain that....kind of.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:11:12 PM by ponylady »
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline whippetluv

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: \\\"Tara\\\" on FB Arena Group - Negative
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »
Please remove my last name from all the posts. It is my real name. The paypal is shared with my ex. And the paypal money was for shipping but when I transferred it into a negative account the bank took it to. I just bought a house and I was ill prepared for the car payment. Just slipped my mind. 10 days is a joke. It took 4 days for paypal to clear. 2 days were Sundays. I needed a day to go to Walmart and get packaging. I work 9 to 5:30... Not everyone is a stay at home eBay salesperson. You got your full refund. You are out nothing.

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

And Erin your personal remarks about my living situation are none of your business. Edit your post and stop making it personal.  I am sorry your feelings were hurt 4 years ago when you bought me something I didn't want... Grow up.

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

I would also like to point out that after I gave this girl a full refund the same day of her requesting it....she had her friends send me horrible messages and bomb my post with horrible things.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:11:30 PM by ponylady »

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »
Please remove my last name from all the posts. It is my real name. The paypal is shared with my ex. And the paypal money was for shipping but when I transferred it into a negative account the bank took it to. I just bought a house and I was ill prepared for the car payment. Just slipped my mind. 10 days is a joke. It took 4 days for paypal to clear. 2 days were Sundays. I needed a day to go to Walmart and get packaging. I work 9 to 5:30... Not everyone is a stay at home eBay salesperson. You got your full refund. You are out nothing.

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

And Erin your personal remarks about my living situation are none of your business. Edit your post and stop making it personal.  I am sorry your feelings were hurt 4 years ago when you bought me something I didn't want... Grow up.

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

I would also like to point out that after I gave this girl a full refund the same day of her requesting it....she had her friends send me horrible messages and bomb my post with horrible things.

I'll edit your name out. the two very different names from FB to PP I wasn't sure who was who.

the rest of it I will not dignify with a response.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:07:10 PM by ponylady »

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: "Tara " on FB Arena Group - Negative
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
She is giving Tara's a bad name Grrrr!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:06:56 PM by ponylady »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline whippetluv

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Tara [name removed]" on FB Arena Group - Negative
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 09:33:02 PM »
"lying harassing theif" was the feedback you just left me. ....Umm no lies. YOU are the one who started this thread and sent me all those messages. And you got a full refund the day you asked for it....so how am I the thief?

Also you have to remove my last name from the actual thread too not just the title

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »
Just a quick warning now to keep it civil and work it out in a respectable manner
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 09:57:38 PM »
This is a bummer. Noone wins in this thing...perhaps you both should just ignore each other, after all, the funds were returned and life goes on. It's hard to do that, i know, but Whippet I really doubt she had her friends say whatever they said. They probably did it on their own when they heard what happened. Erase each other from your "friends" category and try to move past this. You're both good people from what i can see...I think it was a situation of too much on the plate all at once. That doesn't mean that it's just to be wiped to the side. Take ownership of your mistake and apologise in a nice way. You might be surprised how good it is to say and hear or read :hug:

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
It's too bad this happened, but the money was refunded and the ponies did not change hands. No one is out anything. Things go wrong from time to time. Harsh remarks and comments do nothing but smear both parties names in the mud. :huh:  It might be best to just learn from the experience and move on.

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal