collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price-check needed on big list of Nirvanas, please help!  (Read 5002 times)

moodymand

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price-check needed on big list of Nirvanas, please help!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 03:50:59 AM »
LM is repinked :) you sent her to me a loooooooong time ago, maybe 2004? :) I still have pictures of her :) I am pretty sure her tail was the original one :)

it sounds like the other spain pony has the odd tail  :think:

Ahh, really?? I think I remember now!! LOL I have such a terrible memory. Ok, so she's repinked but her mane and tail are original? Did you sell her to me?? I just can't remember hahaha!!!

As for the Spain Starflower (well, NC actually) I remember posting about her tail clip when I recieved her, as it was so unusual. But no-one knew what it was all about. I'll be sure to get photos of it.

Pythia - I have decided I probably will do this a few at a time. ;) I have had a think about it, and it seems to be a better way... I suppose there's no rush to sell them off all at once!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
:) you bought her ebay or somewhere else and sent her to me for repinking :bigups: I am pretty sure you sent along another pony for hair straightening or derusting too! it was a long time ago so I can't remember too well either :blush:

I do remember your starflower with the funny washer and I don't think we reached a conclusion about her.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

moodymand

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 12:50:20 PM »
Ahhh! It's all coming back to me now! LOL
I think I remember. That's terrible that I forgot that! I have the worst memory. XD

Can you remember if her mane was original or did you rehair that? Her head's unglued and the insides look kind of like they've been threaded through by hand. Sorry I'm being so emptyheaded!!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »
what a lot of Nirvanas!! :O

I'm not much of a help but i sold my French Parasol for €90 euros ($120ish) in the beginning of this year.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 02:40:10 PM »
Ahhh! It's all coming back to me now! LOL
I think I remember. That's terrible that I forgot that! I have the worst memory. XD

Can you remember if her mane was original or did you rehair that? Her head's unglued and the insides look kind of like they've been threaded through by hand. Sorry I'm being so emptyheaded!!

no rehairing, just a repink :) I still have a picture I took of her on my PC :P

love pkw xxx

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 07:49:43 AM »
*raises hand* I'd be really interested in your Starflower for my army :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

moodymand

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
Thanks Hokus :) Much appreciated! I will probably take offers on her too though, as she isn't in the best condition so I'm not sure what's the best price, and I can't find any Fr Parasol ended auctions on ebay.

Thanks Pink :) Good to know! I'll doublecheck her mane plugs again. I really hope that mane is not rehaired ;)

Lady Starflower, and everyone else who expressed interest in ponies: I have decided to follow the advice and group the more sought-after ponies, and accept offers on them in groups (not yet!!) I feel this is the fairest way. I have messaged everyone who messaged me, to let you all know about this. Once the groups are done, I will then put the remainder of the ponies that are not quite so sought-after (the majority of the Italians, the Germans, etc) up for fixed-price sales.

So keep an eye out on the Nirvana Sales! I will also leave a notification on this thread once a group of ponies has gone up for offers. I will likely do one week of offers per group, and there are six groups.

Of course I still need to take pictures... But now I know I don't need to take photos of ALL the ponies at once, it doesn't seem like such a daunting task :P

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
mandy it would be a good idea to double check, just in case I missed something back then :)

love pkw xxx

moodymand

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 04:44:51 AM »
Well, it seems like I've upset some people already... I'm sorry guys but I did state right from the start that I wanted price checks and I wasn't offering the ponies up just yet. I realise it's a little naive to not expect interest, but I did feel pressured into setting aside certain ponies that people were interested in before I even started the sales.

I hope I'm doing the right thing here. Maybe there should be some kind of policy regarding messaging people about price-checks... Or maybe I should have never asked for PCs and just put the whole lot up for offers from the start. I would know better next time. I'm sorry to anyone that's upset.

Anyway, keep smiling everyone... :)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 04:58:46 AM »
Mandy don't worry about it there's always going to be some crusty people and you did state you weren't ready to sell, just do what you plan on doing. I'll wait patiently for Starflower :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:44:30 AM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

moodymand

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 05:40:44 AM »
It's ok :) I am torn in different directions already and I haven't even started the darn sales lol!! :P

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
No, you said at the very beginning that you weren't taking offers right now. Anyone who wrote you after stating that was 1) rude and 2) wrong.

And if anyone is giving you grief for not holding a pony for them instead of taking offers...well, personally, I wouldn't allow them to make offers on anything. These are YOUR ponies, and it is your decision what to do with them. There are no rules in the Arena about "first come first serve" or being obliged to sell to anyone.

You people are all too nice sometimes. Don't let people get away with disrespecting you.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 06:58:04 AM »
No, you said at the very beginning that you weren't taking offers right now. Anyone who wrote you after stating that was 1) rude and 2) wrong.

And if anyone is giving you grief for not holding a pony for them instead of taking offers...well, personally, I wouldn't allow them to make offers on anything. These are YOUR ponies, and it is your decision what to do with them. There are no rules in the Arena about "first come first serve" or being obliged to sell to anyone.

You people are all too nice sometimes. Don't let people get away with disrespecting you.

I so agree with you Jadis4742 about this.
This is why we have a forum where members can freely ask for Price Checks. 
No one should feel pressured to sell their ponies to a Community Member without knowing the currant value or at least an idea of that value.
 And to make moodymand feel so bad she has to make a comment.

This sort of Behavior has saddened me for some time and seems to be getting worse.
 It's not wrong to ask a member if they want to sell but it is wrong to pressure especially when it has been posted they are not for Sale or they are taking Offers when they open them up to this.

Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:37 AM »

While I understand how people might be excited for a chance to get a pony they've been wanting for ages, it's totally unfair for them to hassle you and make you feel bad when you have already set out how you want to approach it.  :huh: Just do things how you want to do them! I'll keep checking this thread for announcements.  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

moodymand

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
Hey thanks guys. It's ok! I can understand where people are coming from and yes they get excited... I have not bought a pony for a long time but I remember the feeling I got when I'd check kcat99's sales page and there were new ones up... It is an adrenaline rush when you see one you really want. So I don't blame people for doing that :) It is partly my fault, as I said to a few people I would hold ponies for them. But I didn't have any idea on prices for them at the time (still don't for some of them!) and then I decided offers would be better. I should have stuck to my guns from the outset!

Unfortunately it's pretty grey and miserable in my part of the UK today and not good for photos. My first batch up for offers will be six Argentina ponies. Once it's brightened up I will get some pics of those girls and get this show on the road ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal