collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New custom pony- Opal Cloud!!!  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
New custom pony- Opal Cloud!!!
« on: August 10, 2020, 02:36:27 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here she is, folks!!! Finally making her public debut, it’s OPAL CLOUD!!! This character originally was supposed to be a ponyfied version of Vivziepop’s character, Angeldust from Hazbin Hotel, but I began to want her as her own character, and developed her into her own character after the rough sketches that I made. She is still quite noticeably influenced by the character through her color scheme and spider theme, but I think I provided enough information through her character bio down below to justify her unique coloration and theme, also.

Name: Opal Cloud
Name Inspiration: “Opal Cloud” takes from opals being the most famous rainbow-color gemstone; jewels/gems and other riches of the earth being owned by Hades. “Cloud” being synonymous with the sky, “cloud” sounding the same in Japanese as “spider” (“kumo”).
Name meaning: “searching for rainbows beyond the darkest clouds and tangled webs”. (The lyrics of “Pink Spider” by HIDE, reflects this character and her name)
Nickname: Spider Wubs
Nickname inspiration: Star Spiders/ Red Spider Nebula
Name meaning; pun on “spider webs”/ Wub Wub/ and “Wub” baby talk for “love”.

Cutie mark: a heart-shaped spider web with a moon at the top, and gold alchemical symbol at the center through the bottom, to form the shape of a Manta Ray when combined.
Cutie mark meaning: the moon represents the alchemical sign for silver, and is at the top to symbolize Opal being an “inferior metal” and her flawed thought process and state of being through life, the gold symbol is also alchemical in design. However. It is much larger and sits in the center of the spider web down to the bottom. This represents the gold pieces of a better self she’s struggling to find. Both together represent transmutation, allowing Opal to work through to the heart of her problems, find the gold nuggets within her and become a better pony.
The spider web that sits on top both symbols represents her love for Star spiders, and the many different layers that there could be to her. All three symbols together form the shape of a manta ray, which symbolizes a destiny of trust and guidance toward and from others to find peace and harmony within herself. To take herself out of her own thoughts and stresses, to begin anew in a new space and time.
Cutie mark abilities: a rainbow of color, like visualizer bars, to music along the strings of the web, when she’s really excited.

Species: Pony
Class: Earth
Hair color:  cotton candy pink
Coat color: pearlescent white
Eye color: turquoise
Likes: music (especially EDM and death metal), graphic novels, Astronomy, spiders, being outdoors,
Dislikes: bell peppers, blood, rainy weather, slobs, disorganization, spelling mistakes, ponies or other creatures with body odor
Favorite food: cinnamon rolls
Least favorite food: Lemons
Favorite drink: strawberry Fresca (from Kitten Kaboodle Cafe), floral herbal tea, root beer
Least favorite drink: black coffee
Hobbies: adult coloring books, crossword puzzles, gardening, quiet walks
Fears: ducks, string puppets
Personality: creative, gentle, apprehensive.
Skills: throwing her voice, good at blending in
Flaws: a bit stingy, can sometimes be standoffish
Quirks: carries her tail like a squirrel
Extra: her accessories are a backpack that looks like the smiley faced, spined back of Star Spiders, she carries glow sticks and silly string in it. A pair of Star motif headphones are carried around her neck.

Backstory: (( NSFW!!! PM FOR DETAILS))
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: New custom pony- Opal Cloud!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:17 PM »
Ooh, what a cool looking pony! Love the alchemy references, you don't see those every day. Great job!

Also am I allowed to ask why she's afraid of ducks?

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »
Ooh, what a cool looking pony! Love the alchemy references, you don't see those every day. Great job!

Also am I allowed to ask why she's afraid of ducks?
thanks. :) she got bitten in the ankle and chased by a very angry momma duck when she was a filly. Scarred her for life. XD
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 04:49:31 AM »
I love her! So cute.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 12:53:54 PM »
Great sculptwork and I really like that poofy tail!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »
The Pony is great, but I most love her accessories!!! I love the extra time put in to making the right backpack as well as getting the Pony looking right!!! :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal