collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 44105 times)

Offline MonsterMania44

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!!!)
« Reply #615 on: November 29, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
Called about Trixie to one of the shops and they said Retired for good, Celestia coming in the middle of December,I was thinking she was going to be released this weekend .
Guess I am getting stuck dropping $100+ on her for Christmas.  :cry: But I can't disappoint my little girl.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
Both my husband and I emailed Build A Bear and we were both told to different things. He was told she was retired and they have no plans in bringing her back. Then I was told she will briefly be available again in December.... So pretty much they have no idea what's going on. Looks like someone needs to get organized that way customers can get some correct information.  :huh:

Their CS can be a bit...off. I had a rep address me by the wrong name even though it was in my email address, signature, etc  :blink: You might be able to find someone in another country (have you tried Canadian BABW?) to mail you one. I'm unsure if from the UK would wind up cheap - the bears are slightly more expensive than in the US, plus postage as Trixie is online-only, and they won't sell them unstuffed, then postage to the US....

Failing that, you might be able to find someone to commission a child-friendly plush for around $100 as Trixie's colours and design are fairly simple.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MonsterMania44

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 29, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »
Both my husband and I emailed Build A Bear and we were both told to different things. He was told she was retired and they have no plans in bringing her back. Then I was told she will briefly be available again in December.... So pretty much they have no idea what's going on. Looks like someone needs to get organized that way customers can get some correct information.  :huh:

Their CS can be a bit...off. I had a rep address me by the wrong name even though it was in my email address, signature, etc  :blink: You might be able to find someone in another country (have you tried Canadian BABW?) to mail you one. I'm unsure if from the UK would wind up cheap - the bears are slightly more expensive than in the US, plus postage as Trixie is online-only, and they won't sell them unstuffed, then postage to the US....

Failing that, you might be able to find someone to commission a child-friendly plush for around $100 as Trixie's colours and design are fairly simple.
Yea that's what I was afraid of not unless I could have someone possibly unstuff her then ship her to the US. Which may make it a bit cheaper... maybe? There is even only one listing on ebay at the moment. O well I guess. I appreciate all the advice and information though from everyone.  :)

Empress Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
Build a Bear Celestia: my thoughts
« Reply #618 on: November 30, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
So on Friday I was literally the first person to buy her in my local Build-a-Bear! And I have to say I was slightly disappointed! Firstly her tiara and shoes aren't the same as in the show, she has no voice, and the fact that Celestia isn't twice as big as the other ponies slightly annoyed me! But on the other hand, I feel that at last BAB are getting the hair right at last!

So this is the Princess:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What do you think?

Empress Celestia

Re: Build a Bear Celestia: my thoughts
« Reply #619 on: November 30, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
Wow! This is surprising! Is BAB not liked on here? It's just that if a thread about a new product is created it gets a lot of attention...

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 30, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
It's just been a little slow this weekend, probably because of the holiday.
What does her hair look like? :D
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Empress Celestia

« Reply #621 on: November 30, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »
It's just been a little slow this weekend, probably because of the holiday.
What does her hair look like? :D
I have to say, for BAB, surprisingly good!
Usually they scrimp on the hair, but for once, the have given Celestia enough! :D

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 30, 2014, 12:41:22 PM »
Can we see a pic of her other side? :cheer:
Maybe a front view? :P

I've honestly been pretty hesitant to get a pony with hair since it ends up looking like an awful mess after a while, but she's cute.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Empress Celestia

« Reply #623 on: November 30, 2014, 12:46:18 PM »
Can we see a pic of her other side? :cheer:
Maybe a front view? :P

I've honestly been pretty hesitant to get a pony with hair since it ends up looking like an awful mess after a while, but she's cute.
Here's a front view:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, I have to agree about the hair, on all my other ponies, it does get in an awful mess!

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #624 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Build-a-Bear hair's not so bad if you plait it :)

Celestia looks great! I agree with you in that it is a little disappointing she's not bigger than the others, but hey, she still looks great. I hope I can buy her online soon!
:fox:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 30, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
Wow! This is surprising! Is BAB not liked on here? It's just that if a thread about a new product is created it gets a lot of attention...

Its probably because there is quite a long and active discussion already on her :) I am going to merge this thread in with that one so we can keep a conversation all in the same place.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »
I'm personally glad she isn't bigger. It would likely have made her considerably more expensive, and likely made her online-only due to the limited space in many Build-A-Bear stores. Plus making the dilemma of where to put her harder  :lol: I'm running out of space for them as it is, given how huuuge the plushes are. I think making her a bit thinner and giving her bigger wings and a bigger horn is more than enough :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2014, 04:50:33 AM »
Ugh oh no I hope trixie comes back!!!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2014, 01:39:58 AM »
MY BUILD A BEAR HAD TRIXIE!!! @.@ I'M SO EXCITED OMG. I got her today, so relieved and happy!! Woo hoo!!! Try calling around, maybe your less-busy stores will still have her, too! :cheer:

(In a weird note, they ALSO had Toothless, so I finally got him too, woot woot!!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2014, 05:34:43 AM »
Congrats, Snapdragon! And I still need a Toothless plush XD

Celestia actually looks better here than the BAB photos. I didn't plan on getting her, but I just might :)
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal