collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by a pony, condition wise?  (Read 543 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I ordered a TE skyrocket from a seller on vinted who said she was flawed and to look at her pictures closely. She looked really nice so I bought her. I expected to see flaws but she was near mint. She has one small spot, a tiny eyerub and a smell I can take care of. She's very beatiful already.

Has something like this ever happened to you? A bait pony that wasn't bait? Better in real life then in the pictures?

I would love to hear similair stories :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by a pony, condition wise?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:14:36 AM »
Literally had this, this week!

Bagged a bundle of bait from ebay, but honeysuckle was so beautiful, its almost a shame to prep her for customising.

I am sure, if she was sentient like from Toy Story, she would be excited at turning into a new flutter pony however!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 05:06:26 AM »
Both Bubbles and Glittering Gem were in bait lots but they just needed a little TLC. My first Partytime was nearly mint. Unfortunately, she's started to discolor. I've had her about 10 years or so.

Moving away from G1, I bought a G3 bait lot and pretty much every pony was not bait. I was disappointed, but I cleaned them up and fixed their hair and put them in my sale/trade pile.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 07:49:42 AM »
I once had a Sugarberry who looked so bad, she went straight into my bait bin as soon as I got her.  She was dirty in a way that made me not want to touch her. Sticky. Brown. Just disgusting. I thought she had to be discolored as nasty as she was.  Her hair was a matted rat’s nest.  She got chucked into the bait bin, and sat there for years. 

I was cleaning all my trade ponies ahead of a ponymeet I hosted, and I was giving every one at least a quick scrub.  I scrubbed that Sugarberry up, gave her a hair wash/conditioning, and scrunched her hair up a bit to dry.

She turned out just stepped off the card mint.  Perfect hair. Bright white. Absolutely incredible pony.  She went from a bait pony that made me want to use gloves to my mint collection pony with just a wash.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 07:53:28 AM »
Many years ago I bought a TE Sweet Pop from eBay. I don't remember exactly how she was described but it was something along the lines that she was almost bait. I thought she looked nice in the pictures and she was cheap so I bought her. When I got her she looked just as nice as in the pictures. Her tail was little poofy but otherwise she looked great! I have later found out that the white stripe in her hair is supposed to be light pink but in her case I honestly don't mind that it's faded.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »
I once had a Sugarberry who looked so bad, she went straight into my bait bin as soon as I got her.  She was dirty in a way that made me not want to touch her. Sticky. Brown. Just disgusting. I thought she had to be discolored as nasty as she was.  Her hair was a matted rat’s nest.  She got chucked into the bait bin, and sat there for years. 

I was cleaning all my trade ponies ahead of a ponymeet I hosted, and I was giving every one at least a quick scrub.  I scrubbed that Sugarberry up, gave her a hair wash/conditioning, and scrunched her hair up a bit to dry.

She turned out just stepped off the card mint.  Perfect hair. Bright white. Absolutely incredible pony.  She went from a bait pony that made me want to use gloves to my mint collection pony with just a wash.

I also had a similar experience with sugarberry. Gator (also on this site :)) gifted her to me in a trade. She was covered in dirt but she turned out lovely.

Post Merge: February 03, 2022, 11:15:14 AM

Great stories everyone :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 11:38:33 AM »
For sure. I just can't think of any right this second. Haha. :D
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 01:09:45 PM »
Lots. I remember my trade partner telling me that the Mimic she had acquired wasn't in very good shape. I didn't mind, but turns out she's fine except for some ink on her hoof bases (doesn't show when she is standing up).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberrySparkle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • He/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 02:02:16 PM »
Had a friend give me a pony in a trade who was baity, and i managed to get almost all the flaws out only major problem is her thin/broken hair but I can easily reroot her once I know how to :lovey:

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »
I just remembered another one. I got Star Dancer in a trade many years ago. I was told that she had a small rub in one of the body markings but when I got her and cleaned her up it turned out to be dirt and her markings were perfect  ^.^

Also when I bid on Ice Crystal on eBay a little over a year ago I could see in the photos that he had something in one of the eyes and I couldn't tell if it was a flaw or not. He was otherwise gorgeous and complete with all accessories and the EU trade agreement was about to end so I decided to go all in to get him. When I received him there was no trace of anything on any of his eyes. I'm so happy I went all in and won him :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 07:56:07 PM »
I got Princess Serena/Aquamarine in an ebay lot.  In the photos she looked slightly dirty.  When she arrived she looked filthy!!  But when I cleaned her up and detangled her hair she looked amazing, even the tinsel looked good.  It was a rollercoaster of emotion and pony condition.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal