collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411122 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2070 on: April 02, 2020, 02:38:54 AM »
I have both of those things - pretty sure TT is the UK card I have - and can try and scan them for you if you like. No money necessary. My scanner is a bit temperamental though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 02, 2020, 06:14:06 AM »
I have both of those things - pretty sure TT is the UK card I have - and can try and scan them for you if you like. No money necessary. My scanner is a bit temperamental though.
Pretty please wi a cherry on top!!! Please scan the front of the backcard as well as there's a piccie there of Twisters too... :D
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 02, 2020, 06:31:56 AM »
I don't care if a pony has marker under their hooves. You can't see it from display.

Me either. It actually makes me want it a little bit more because it means that some child once loved it enough to mark it as theirs, and I feel that that pony in particular needs a new loving home.  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 02, 2020, 07:50:58 AM »
Pretty please wi a cherry on top!!! Please scan the front of the backcard as well as there's a piccie there of Twisters too... :D

I will try to. The insert is easy to get to, I have a separate folder for those on my bookcase.

I need to remember which box or folder TT's card is in. I have a LOT of cards (over 300 including the MIP ponies). It may take me a few days to work out which draw/box/file/shelf it is stored in but I'll try and dig them out.

Caveat - I don't know what condition the card front is in until I check my folder. My spreadsheet doesn't include any notes about it.

Caveat II - I am not sure if the whole card will fit as one entity on my scanner, I have a feeling it's a wider-than-normal release card.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:52:35 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 02, 2020, 08:20:07 AM »
I'm not that fond of the sea ponies, the pose is a bit stiff looking imo. The fancy mermaids look super cute though

Same here!

Me too...the sea ponies were a cute idea, but you just can't do anything with them!  I had a couple of the babies, but just didn't really get into them.  The Fancy Mermaid babies, though...those were cute!  Maybe because they were shimmery and had the scales...more like the mermaid fantasy so many little girls had.  The sea ponies would've been more fun if there was some way to actually have them "swim."  The shells for displaying the adults are nice, just not enough of a pull for me to get them.

Never mind the mold that grows in them if you do play with them in the tub. :(
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 02, 2020, 09:35:54 AM »

I will try to. The insert is easy to get to, I have a separate folder for those on my bookcase.

I need to remember which box or folder TT's card is in. I have a LOT of cards (over 300 including the MIP ponies). It may take me a few days to work out which draw/box/file/shelf it is stored in but I'll try and dig them out.

Caveat - I don't know what condition the card front is in until I check my folder. My spreadsheet doesn't include any notes about it.

Caveat II - I am not sure if the whole card will fit as one entity on my scanner, I have a feeling it's a wider-than-normal release card.
Leaflet still appreciated. Let me know re front part of backcard (most important part is top half)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 02, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
I don't care for pearly ponies. To me they look kind of sweaty. Especially don't like it if their eyes are pearlized.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 03, 2020, 01:29:49 AM »
I don’t really get the hype over fan made pony plushies. I think this is more relevant to the brony side of the fandom, but I can’t wrap my head around paying $400 or more for a stuffed animal of a one off character in a tv show. It sounds hypocritical as a toy collector, but for the price most of them are pretty average looking imo.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 03, 2020, 02:32:29 AM »
I don’t really get the hype over fan made pony plushies. I think this is more relevant to the brony side of the fandom, but I can’t wrap my head around paying $400 or more for a stuffed animal of a one off character in a tv show. It sounds hypocritical as a toy collector, but for the price most of them are pretty average looking imo.
Pink Kittywinks can back me up on this, but I'm sure the Custom 3-foot Starcatcher I bought from her was somewhere between £100 & £125, perhaps towards the bigger number due to her wings. And she was 3-foot & fully stuffed wi brushable hair!!! So how the smooze are people selling smaller plushies for more than 3x that price???
Piccie proof:

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 03, 2020, 02:53:32 AM »
Pink Kittywinks can back me up on this, but I'm sure the Custom 3-foot Starcatcher I bought from her was somewhere between £100 & £125, perhaps towards the bigger number due to her wings. And she was 3-foot & fully stuffed wi brushable hair!!! So how the smooze are people selling smaller plushies for more than 3x that price???
Piccie proof:

Oh, that plush is awesome!!!! Definitely more than a fair price for her! :) (I know I would have gladly spent that on a giant minty lol!) Pinkkittywinks always does awesome work! I’m definitely more so throwing shade at the brony fandom who thinks everything Hasbro puts out is bad and only super expensive custom made things are “worthy” of their collection. I’m all about custom art and paying artists fair prices, but their attitudes about it really rub me the wrong way. It’s hard to put into words haha!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 03, 2020, 02:55:44 AM »
Piccie proof:

Oh, that plush is awesome!!!! Definitely more than a fair price for her! :) (I know I would have gladly spent that on a giant minty lol!) Pinkkittywinks always does awesome work! I’m definitely more so throwing shade at the brony fandom who thinks everything Hasbro puts out is bad and only super expensive custom made things are “worthy” of their collection. I’m all about custom art and paying artists fair prices, but their attitudes about it really rub me the wrong way. It’s hard to put into words haha!
My point exactly!!! And when this thing is over maybe you can commission your own Minty of that size...

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: April 03, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »
I've seen that gorgeous Starcatcher before, but I didn't know who she belonged to! Now she's definitely worth every penny. :D But yeah I agree, I don't get dropping hundreds-thousands of dollars on plushies either. (Honestly, I don't understand paying that sort of money for most collectables ^^; I mean, I don't judge, people can do whatever they like with their money if it makes 'em happy, but I couldn't do it)

and I completely get what you mean about the "brony" plushies, Minty_Magic. I feel the same way, it is difficult to explain. I completely understand wanting something of your favourite char who never got any official merch (been there myself) but some of the prices those things go for... It's just hard for me to wrap my head around it all.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: April 03, 2020, 10:05:56 AM »
I've seen that gorgeous Starcatcher before, but I didn't know who she belonged to! Now she's definitely worth every penny. :D But yeah I agree, I don't get dropping hundreds-thousands of dollars on plushies either. (Honestly, I don't understand paying that sort of money for most collectables ^^; I mean, I don't judge, people can do whatever they like with their money if it makes 'em happy, but I couldn't do it)

and I completely get what you mean about the "brony" plushies, Minty_Magic. I feel the same way, it is difficult to explain. I completely understand wanting something of your favourite char who never got any official merch (been there myself) but some of the prices those things go for... It's just hard for me to wrap my head around it all.
I got her made for me by Kitty last year!!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 03, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
Heh. I don't mind under the hoof initials. I mean I'd rather they NOT have done it, but I wouldn't turn a pony away just because.

I purchased a Toola Roola last month at the swapmeet with the former owner's name written right on her butt. My daughter called it a tramp stamp. XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 03, 2020, 10:45:47 AM »
PKW is as ever a treasure to the community with the things she can produce.

I remember a plush Pinkie Pie selling to someone at ponycon a couple of years ago for around the £500 mark. I don't even understand how.

I have some small plushes of characters from an anime and they cost me around $45 each to have made although they are beautifully done. (Back in the days when the exchange rate wasn't hostile). I can understand £120ish for something as elaborate as that Starcatcher but £500 for a Pinkie Pie...? Yeah, it was a large Pinkie Pie but still...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal