collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 410995 times)

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2020, 04:04:05 PM »
Opinion: would be ok with old character reuse IF it goes back to other gens and not "same 6/7 of g4 and 3".

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 29, 2020, 01:12:31 AM »
I like g3 Rainbow Dash more than g4 Rainbow Dash.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 29, 2020, 06:34:06 AM »
I don't like either one of them but I have to admit that the G3 RD seems more tolerable to me.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »

Personality wise I prefer OG RD.

If I want a sassy tomboy I'll take Patch.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 29, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
I like G4 Rainbow Dash’s symbol over G3.  It just makes more sense.  But I like G3’s grayish color better. I’m only talking about the toys because they can have whatever personality I give them.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 29, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »
I like G4 Rainbow Dash’s symbol over G3.  It just makes more sense.  But I like G3’s grayish color better. I’m only talking about the toys because they can have whatever personality I give them.

I like G3's shape and quality, but G4's colors.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 30, 2020, 03:28:46 AM »
This probably doesn't even count as unpopular, but I feel like joining in.

I love both of those Rainbow Dashes. - they both have likeable personalities in my opinion, and both mean a lot to me.  ^_^

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 30, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »
This. I've come to hate g4 Rainbow Dash. (I know I know that sounds harsh but she became annoying to me  :lookround:)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 30, 2020, 01:58:11 PM »
I greatly dislike the G4 comics by IDW as they have a lot of wonky, off-model art. That's the sole reason why I could never get into them.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2049 on: March 30, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
This. I've come to hate g4 Rainbow Dash. (I know I know that sounds harsh but she became annoying to me  :lookround:)

I also agree with this. I see G3 Rainbow Dash as a descendant of Sunlight in terms of idea/design.

I don't hate the pony, she's quite pretty, but ruined by her obnoxious persona.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 30, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »
How much is Patch going for anyway?

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 30, 2020, 06:34:28 PM »
I greatly dislike the G4 comics by IDW as they have a lot of wonky, off-model art. That's the sole reason why I could never get into them.
I ADORED the first 12 I think? Then the art just annoyed me. I liked the plots of a lot of them but yeah, that statement's valid

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 31, 2020, 08:01:04 AM »
An unpopular opinion I have is that I don't like ponies (or any toys, really) with factory-curled hair. Whoever thought it was a good idea to curl pony or doll hair and then give it to an unruly child....smh.  :shrug:

I have been about 50/50 on recurling my ponies' hair when restoring them. Some I am unsure if they actually came with curly hair or not, like Baby Surprise/Firefly, because I never see any that have it now, and their manes aren't very long, so I've just been styling them straight.

I recently bought my son a set of Mane Six brushables (mostly to steer him away from my G1s that I don't want him to destroy), and the curly haired ones are already trashed. I haven't given him Pinkie Pie yet, because I was going to try to wash and straighten her hair first in hopes of saving it; it's like they came with this factory glue(wax?) in their hair to make it look nice in the package, but man, it wreaks havoc the minute a child tries to play with it. Like, were these not meant to actually be played with?  :crazy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 31, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »
An unpopular opinion I have is that I don't like ponies (or any toys, really) with factory-curled hair. Whoever thought it was a good idea to curl pony or doll hair and then give it to an unruly child....smh.  :shrug:

I have been about 50/50 on recurling my ponies' hair when restoring them. Some I am unsure if they actually came with curly hair or not, like Baby Surprise/Firefly, because I never see any that have it now, and their manes aren't very long, so I've just been styling them straight.

I recently bought my son a set of Mane Six brushables (mostly to steer him away from my G1s that I don't want him to destroy), and the curly haired ones are already trashed. I haven't given him Pinkie Pie yet, because I was going to try to wash and straighten her hair first in hopes of saving it; it's like they came with this factory glue(wax?) in their hair to make it look nice in the package, but man, it wreaks havoc the minute a child tries to play with it. Like, were these not meant to actually be played with?  :crazy:

I don't care much for pre-styled hair either. My Basic Funs have twisty hair and I straighten them too. I like running my fingers through hair.

It looks pretty when other people curl their hair, but really that is partially how they're meant to be played with.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 31, 2020, 10:21:54 AM »

I don't care much for pre-styled hair either. My Basic Funs have twisty hair and I straighten them too. I like running my fingers through hair.

It looks pretty when other people curl their hair, but really that is partially how they're meant to be played with.
THIS!!! SO MUCH!!! Make hair styleable & manageable, so the kids (& us) can style it how we like please!!! In my Ponyworld every Pony gets a braided tail & a nice ribbon at the end of that braid. It may not be original, but it's a good quality satin or metallic ribbon wi a colour complementing the Pony. I also love to style the manes of Ponies wi long hair. You give us toys wi hair, we're going to groom & style it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal