collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411039 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1920 on: January 06, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm not for decarding since yeah, it is destroying something (something important at that too, and like Taf said, maybe a one of a kind item. It's not replaceable, and it's a part of pony history that is then lost).

It's true you can do what you want with your stuff, but it doesn't make sense to me. At this point MOCS are so expensive and a lot of the time hard to get your hands on, compared to the loose equivalent, of which there are definitely more of and for a much much cheaper price. Assuming the end goal is to get the pony loose (I know some people open up MOCS because it feels like they are a kid again) wouldn't it be all around easier to just buy the pony loose? I don't get it.

And if you have a MOC and want to open it for the pony, you could sell it first, and then use the money you got from selling a sought after item to buy the pony loose. That way everyone is happy it seems, and nothing is destroyed and no value is lost.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 06, 2020, 06:52:59 PM »
I think the Soda Sippin ponies are pretty.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 06, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »
I think the Soda Sippin ponies are pretty.

Ponyfan

They are extremely pretty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline milkywaymochi

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 07, 2020, 02:10:15 AM »
Agreed, the soda sippin ponies are very pretty, especially when they still have their factory curls ❤️

I also think the drink n wet ponies are pretty- okay, yes, the pee thing is a bit odd, but they have cute names and lovely colours. (especially Rainfeather)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 07, 2020, 06:56:29 AM »
Agreed, the soda sippin ponies are very pretty, especially when they still have their factory curls ❤️

I also think the drink n wet ponies are pretty- okay, yes, the pee thing is a bit odd, but they have cute names and lovely colours. (especially Rainfeather)

I love the DnWs

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1925 on: January 07, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »

I love the DnWs

I remember being fond of Flicker and Wellyboot in the comic stories. But in the comics they splashed in puddles, they didn't drink and wet.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 08, 2020, 06:31:13 AM »

I love the DnWs

I remember being fond of Flicker and Wellyboot in the comic stories. But in the comics they splashed in puddles, they didn't drink and wet.

The DnWs are the Soda Sippins after they drank one too many at the last concert. :silly:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 08, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »

I love the DnWs

The DnWs are the Soda Sippins after they drank one too many at the last concert. :silly:

Now I want someone to take bait Soda Sippers and make them adult versions of the DnWs...

Offline Erin-T-Aardvark

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.erinsmlpparadise.com
« Reply #1928 on: January 08, 2020, 08:48:54 AM »
My unpopular pony opinions:

I don't like G4, and my opinion of them has soured grately, because of the immature Bronies in the Pony community. But I never really liked G4 to begin with, even before the "Crazies" (as I call the immature Bronies) latched onto it. I don't like the design, I don't like the voice acting, and I don't like the animation. I find the toys to be lacking in imagination (meaning there really isn't any variety in the poses like the 1980's ponies).

I actually like Megan. I could do without Danny and Molly, though, but I really did like Megan (I just wished they released her in her "Midnight Castle" or "Escape from Catrina" outfit).

I don't see the appeal in Rapunzel. I don't think the pink tinsel goes with the blond hair. I love tinsel haired ponies (like the Princess Ponies and the Sparkle Ponies), but I just don't think it works.

I like the "MLP Tales" series. Not as much as "MLP 'n Friends," but I enjoyed "Tales" a bit.

I love the Soda Sippin' ponies. Especially their curls. I wish I had found my SS gals with their sodas (or at least the strawberry one).
*Formerly Known as Geatorette*

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 08, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
I don't like the design, I don't like the voice acting, and I don't like the animation.

Ooh, please elaborate on the voice acting. I find a lot of the M6 voices start to get on my nerves the more episodes I watch. I can do one or two at a time but I could never binge because of this. Pinkie is the worst for me because she screeches so many of her lines.

Offline Erin-T-Aardvark

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.erinsmlpparadise.com
« Reply #1930 on: January 08, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »
This is basically a personal opinion, but I have never liked Tara Strong. That's all there is to it. I can't really elaborate on why, but pretty much all of her characters get on my nerves.

At first, I thought Pinkie Pie's voice was on the annoying side, but my sister is a FiM fan (but she's NOT a crazy Brony, thank goodness), so I've had to listen to her watch the show at various points in time, and I've gotten used to her voice. Other than that, I can't really elaborate any more than that.
*Formerly Known as Geatorette*

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 08, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »
I don't like the design, I don't like the voice acting, and I don't like the animation.

Ooh, please elaborate on the voice acting. I find a lot of the M6 voices start to get on my nerves the more episodes I watch. I can do one or two at a time but I could never binge because of this. Pinkie is the worst for me because she screeches so many of her lines.

Pinkie needs to put a cork in it.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 08, 2020, 10:09:55 PM »

Pinkie needs to put a cork in it.

For me, Applejack is the most annoying one.  Fake country puts real country on edge around here.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1933 on: January 08, 2020, 10:21:55 PM »
This is basically a personal opinion, but I have never liked Tara Strong. That's all there is to it. I can't really elaborate on why, but pretty much all of her characters get on my nerves.

At first, I thought Pinkie Pie's voice was on the annoying side, but my sister is a FiM fan (but she's NOT a crazy Brony, thank goodness), so I've had to listen to her watch the show at various points in time, and I've gotten used to her voice. Other than that, I can't really elaborate any more than that.

Pinkie's voice is the most annoying for me, but as the years have gone by, the worse Twilight's voice has become. I don't know what happened. I guess people's view on Tara Strong got to me? I always see online how people think she's a bit full of herself, or that she's overrated, or something, I don't know, I don't follow her anywhere or keep up with it. But recently I've noticed how sort of annoying her voice is... maybe to me it sounds kind of whiny and bratty.

I sat down and watched the Care Bears Nutcracker special for the first time during Christmas, and the main girl character, whatever her name was, I didn't think much of her voice at first, but halfway through the movie I noticed a peculiar nasally-ness to it. Could it be...? And it was! She was voiced by Tara Strong, all those years ago! She hasn't changed a bit, for better or for worse!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 09, 2020, 04:40:07 AM »
I've never heard people say that Tara was full of herself, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places - I've heard some people act like she's overrated occasionally (but that's to be expected when you're in everything), so yeah... maybe I'm just always in positive places whenever she's mentioned.

Her voice... yeah, I've seen comments on that (that's probably the most negative I've seen people.)  It's kind of weird, as she does have more range, but she seems to be going through a phase (or in and out of a phase) where she uses the same voices, essentially the "Twilight Voice" or the "Timmy Voice".

I think voice actors/actresses go threw phases where all their voices are the same, even though they have been shown to be capable of doing very different voices before - Cree Summer for example went threw this phase; all her voices seemed to be Numbuh Five's voice, but when I looked at things she did earlier, she sounded nothing like that.  I don't know if she got over the phase, because I have no idea what her most recent role was, but yeah... they go threw this phase.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal