collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411125 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1890 on: January 03, 2020, 07:49:14 AM »
I'm officially all on the pony life train. Choo choo!

I think the PL brushables look really cute from the front. I love how they did Trixie. The lack of jaw is too apparent from the side but I am happy about better hair.
PL >>> FiM big head reboot

But G4s always had big heads.

I know everyone goes gaga over Dazzle Glow and Star Glow, and I do too. But I think Bright Glow is absolutely gorgeous and underrated.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 03, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »

I think the PL brushables look really cute from the front. I love how they did Trixie. The lack of jaw is too apparent from the side but I am happy about better hair.

I know everyone goes gaga over Dazzle Glow and Star Glow, and I do too. But I think Bright Glow is absolutely gorgeous and underrated.
huh yeah she is underrated SEVERELY

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 03, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
I never got the deer association with G4? Deer do have long long muzzles and jaws.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1893 on: January 03, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »
I never got the deer association with G4? Deer do have long long muzzles and jaws.
Yeah, I couldn't see that one either. Maybe Celestia's design if any. I think Chihuahuas make for a better comparison.
Not necessarily a pony opinion, but I'd like to see more fanartists draw horsey snouts on their ponies. It wigs me out to see ponies with anime faces on, but unfortunately that's a very popular style...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't see that one either. Maybe Celestia's design if any. I think Chihuahuas make for a better comparison.
Not necessarily a pony opinion, but I'd like to see more fanartists draw horsey snouts on their ponies. It wigs me out to see ponies with anime faces on, but unfortunately that's a very popular style...

Same here.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1895 on: January 03, 2020, 07:55:48 PM »

Same here.

Ponies with "cute anime girl" fangs, human hair, and cat legs... :lookround:

I like Potion Nova's name, and it's fun to say. I like her symbol too but I wish it had more colour going on. It's just one solid pink. :huh: G2s did the same thing but at least those were usually more detailed with the linework to make up for the lack of colour.

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1896 on: January 03, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »
Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I really miss chubby ponies. I hate how skinny the figures are for G4
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 03, 2020, 10:03:31 PM »
Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I really miss chubby ponies. I hate how skinny the figures are for G4
100% agreed

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 04, 2020, 03:13:47 AM »

So? The reboot heads were bigger, rounder and their legs looked skinnier. The reboot look was ugly to me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1899 on: January 04, 2020, 06:01:33 AM »

She was my childhood glowing magic and I agree. She is a very pretty pony. I think the other two grab the attention because they have so many recognised and distinct variations, but Bright Glow has a couple of more subtle ones herself and she has a very sweet colour scheme.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 04, 2020, 06:34:55 AM »

Me too.

Post Merge: January 04, 2020, 06:36:25 AM

So? The reboot heads were bigger, rounder and their legs looked skinnier. The reboot look was ugly to me.

They keep getting bigger. Have you ever seen that one episode of South Park where the principal talks about how drugs are bad mmkay? And his head keeps inflating the more drugs he does. All of G4 reminds me of that.

Post Merge: January 04, 2020, 06:37:32 AM

She was my childhood glowing magic and I agree. She is a very pretty pony. I think the other two grab the attention because they have so many recognised and distinct variations, but Bright Glow has a couple of more subtle ones herself and she has a very sweet colour scheme.

She's got a cute symbol too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:37:32 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 04, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »
I said what I said and no amount of "G4s always had big heads" can sway my opinion that I prefer PL to the G4 reboot look with spherical heads. I'm not gonna call it G4.5 anymore because PL is G4.5 to me now.

My ranking of G4 brushable molds would be the first G4s >>> Pony Life >>> reboot/movie ponies.

PS: I don't watch South Park as I only watch beautiful cartoons that teach good values like Thundercats :lol: j/k

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 04, 2020, 10:15:44 AM »
The round, big, bulbous heads, weird lips and noodle limbs are hideous Zapper, I'm not disputing that.

I think the Playful Puppy Pose is weird. Horses are literally incapable of moving that way Hasbroken.

When it comes to multi-colored newborn twins, I only like one from a few sets: Bunkie, Dibbles and Sandcastle. I'd snag one of Bunkie and Dibbles if it didn't violate my strict Do Not Seperate twins policy.

The only full sets of twins I like are Milkweed and Tumbleweed, Jabber and Jebber and Puddles and Peeks. I don't like em enough to buy them though.

I actually do like Big Top and Toppy, just not those poses. Which brings my opinions on the twins back full circle.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:21:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1903 on: January 04, 2020, 01:52:41 PM »
Puddles and Peeks. I don't like em enough to buy them though.
Just throwing out there that these two are so much more gorgeous in person. Didn't expect to like them as much as I do!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 04, 2020, 03:19:31 PM »
Puddles and Peeks. I don't like em enough to buy them though.
Just throwing out there that these two are so much more gorgeous in person. Didn't expect to like them as much as I do!

Oh I bet they are. I'm just not as fond of newborn moulds as I am with other baby pony moulds.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal