collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411389 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1800 on: October 28, 2019, 07:11:30 AM »
Eh, if I want laid back and low stakes I'll take Tales. Although the Runaway Rainbow and Ladybug Jambooree was awfully cute. I still haven't seen Faraway Friends or well, most G3 stuff.

I can recommend watching Minty Christmas around Christmas time. Minty almost gets herself killed trying to pilot a balloon in stormy weather all on her own.
It's also legit funny how the other ponies react to Minty. It's like Pinkie Pie has just given up trying to understand her :lol:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion on the Arena but I'd take Minty Christmas over the FiM Hearth's Warming episodes.

I've seen a Minty Christmas, it was so-so. Pinkie and Thistle had a couple of good lines. Minty seems to have this effect of sucking all the anger out of ponies, like they wanna get mad at her, but they end up resigned, confused and deflated instead.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 28, 2019, 11:25:47 AM »
I've seen a Minty Christmas, it was so-so. Pinkie and Thistle had a couple of good lines.

"You broke Santa? :huh: "

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1802 on: October 28, 2019, 11:46:55 AM »
Eh, if I want laid back and low stakes I'll take Tales. Although the Runaway Rainbow and Ladybug Jambooree was awfully cute. I still haven't seen Faraway Friends or well, most G3 stuff.

I can recommend watching Minty Christmas around Christmas time. Minty almost gets herself killed trying to pilot a balloon in stormy weather all on her own.
It's also legit funny how the other ponies react to Minty. It's like Pinkie Pie has just given up trying to understand her :lol:

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion on the Arena but I'd take Minty Christmas over the FiM Hearth's Warming episodes.

I remember thinking that the Minty Christmas was cute, it's probably the only G3 animation I feel like that about (it's not a criticism, just a different target audience) but mostly for the song...I love the song more than the show.

I haven't seen the FIM Christmas eps so can't compare, but I'm not really a fan of FIM so...maybe I would agree with you. I dunno...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
I've seen a Minty Christmas, it was so-so. Pinkie and Thistle had a couple of good lines.

"You broke Santa? :huh: "

I chalk that up to her being tired and confused and probably exasperated. Poor Santa. Lol

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1804 on: October 28, 2019, 01:26:12 PM »

I remember thinking that the Minty Christmas was cute, it's probably the only G3 animation I feel like that about (it's not a criticism, just a different target audience) but mostly for the song...I love the song more than the show.

I haven't seen the FIM Christmas eps so can't compare, but I'm not really a fan of FIM so...maybe I would agree with you. I dunno...

Hearth's Warming Eve was boring, I watched it when it came out in 2011 and all I remember is that it was boring. Just Equestria lore stuff. The second one is, oh boy, a Christmas Carol adaptation. That automatically makes it terrible for me. I hate Christmas Carol stories in cartoons. And it's exactly like any other. I'd be okay with it if it was based off of it, like Starlight learns the True Meaning of Christmas or something. But, no, it's just ponies telling the entire story as it exactly is. Best Gift Ever I would recommend over Hearth's Warming and the Christmas Carol one. It's nice but predictable. But nice.

Minty is still better though. Maybe it's nostalgia, but it's more Christmasy. Best Gift Ever is just ponies shopping for each other, hardly even celebrating.

Too bad G3 never got a Halloween special, or one set in the fall. I remember the Nightmare Night episode with Luna being really fun, I liked it, and it felt like Halloween, I think. I didn't feel that with The Scare Master. I don't like that one either. I don't know if it's a popular opinion or not. Fluttershy is already... not in my top 3 ponies list. How come when she steps out of her comfort zone in episodes, she always goes too far? Her mind immediately went to "trapping everyone underground and Granny Smith's head falling off", huh?

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 28, 2019, 02:36:27 PM »
Minty's Christmas is full blast childhood. I love it sm. I watch it every year! Definitely one of the best g3 specials.

I agree with Ragamuffin, I would of liked a Halloween special as well.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 29, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »
A G3 special featuring the G3 fall/Halloween ponies - imo some of the best designs in the entire line - would have been really cool. I would have loved to see a G3 show instead of "just" specials. The G3 designs had a lot of variety and it would have been easy to spin stories based on that.

That being said, while I hate how Zecora is a token, wise witchdoctor stereotype in FiM, I really like Kimono in G3. She was also just a token, wise sensei stereotype but I really miss her in the later specials.

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 03, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »
(due to the new designs) Feathered hooves don't belong on MLP (even g2, I'd sandpaper it away if able), smooth legs are the trademark thing. Hasbro is trying to make series into its on ripoff(

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1808 on: November 03, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
^ But G1 boys had feathered hooves?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 03, 2019, 01:53:07 PM »

So true. Its not a rip-off if its been implemented before. Just an occasional design choice.

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 03, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
As a gimmick it's ok, not whole series is what I meant ^^'

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 03, 2019, 05:17:58 PM »
I like the new designs a lot.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1812 on: November 03, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

Haha, I was just coming in here to say something similar. They're nothing amazing, but for something that'll just be on the shelves for a year or so before G5 actually begins, I'm fine with them. :) I'd much rather have these new style G4s on the shelves next year rather than them continuing the current molds, considering the character variety is going to be just as bad no matter what. Since they do look different I will be picking them up due to being a different mold style. While if we got another year of Mane 6 in the same molds I probably would not buy any.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:06:13 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1813 on: November 03, 2019, 06:10:43 PM »

Haha, I was just coming in here to say something similar. They're nothing amazing, but for something that'll just be on the shelves for a year or so before G5 actually begins, I'm fine with them. :) I'd much rather have these new style G4s on the shelves next year rather than them continuing the current molds, considering the character variety is going to be just a bad no matter what. Since they do look different I will be picking them up due to being a different mold style. While if we got another year of Mane 6 in the same molds I probably would not buy any.

I hope they're all fashion style size or that the accessories could fit G3s... :lookround: I'd probably wait until they're at Five Below or something though.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 04, 2019, 07:06:48 AM »
I'm not crazy about the G1 Pegasus sets. Why did they only get four ponies when the Earthies and Unicorns got 8? Why only 2 poses when the others got 4? I don't dislike them, but they just don't grab me. Also, I wish Medley had been reissued on the Paradise pose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal