collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411173 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #1290 on: September 02, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »
I’m also not too fond of Dream Beauties. I had Song Rider in my childhood herd and if I remember correctly the most interesting thing was that you could swing her symbol down to get to the solid perfume hidden inside.  Dream Beauties are too big to really play with the other G1 ponies. I do like the Dream Beauties with wings and the glittery ones too.

I like Petite Ponies but can’t bring myself to pay $30 or more for a glow in the dark or twinkle petite.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:18:14 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1291 on: September 03, 2018, 12:17:47 AM »
When I first found out about Dream Beauties, I found the concept kind of weird. I wasn't sure if I wanted them or not, but ultimately ended up getting them. But they don't really seem like MLP to me.

I agree with Ponyfan about the price of some Petites. I don't actively try to collect Petites because of this. I have some of the common sets MOC and then a handful of loose ones from different sets when price has allowed...

I am not convinced the UK got all of the later sets,even though they were advertised for here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #1292 on: September 04, 2018, 08:21:38 AM »
I agree with the Dream Beauties and Petites.
Although I do really love the Dream Beauties in a weird way. I think of them as like, alternate universe MLP. In some weird universe between ours and MLP's, where it's ALMOST realistic but still not. :lol: I'd love to have one someday. Though maybe not collect them, because they're pretty giant.

Just thought of an opinion here, not sure if unpopular or not.
Oakly weirds me out. Where are his ears!? He just kind of has these two mitten looking things sticking off his head.
If I didn't know beforehand, I'd have a hard time guessing he was supposed to be a moose.

Edit: Wow I'm just stupid! He DOES have ears. My mind has been blown. I just saw a photo of him at a different angle, I've only ever seen him from the front before. Whooooops! Ignore me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:25:11 AM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 04, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
The Dream Beauties are gorgeous! Being a model horse collector, I have no idea what you guys are on about with there supposed frowny-faces. XD They remind me of Fashion Star Fillies and She-Ra horses. Love that! I sure don't find their price attractive though. Haha!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SilverStarApple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 07, 2018, 04:31:44 AM »
You want to hear unpopular opinions?

Starlight Glimmer is the worst character any show has ever produced.

Chloe, Foop, and Sparky from FOP combined with Rey from Star Wars wasn't this bad.

And if I'm allowed to, I'll explain why.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 07, 2018, 06:07:07 AM »

Chloe, Foop, and Sparky from FOP combined with Rey from Star Wars wasn't this bad.

This is the unpopular opinion thread. Go for it!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1296 on: September 07, 2018, 07:31:49 AM »
Although I do really love the Dream Beauties in a weird way. I think of them as like, alternate universe MLP. In some weird universe between ours and MLP's, where it's ALMOST realistic but still not. :lol: I'd love to have one someday. Though maybe not collect them, because they're pretty giant.

Oakly weirds me out. Where are his ears!? He just kind of has these two mitten looking things sticking off his head.
If I didn't know beforehand, I'd have a hard time guessing he was supposed to be a moose.

Edit: Wow I'm just stupid! He DOES have ears. My mind has been blown. I just saw a photo of him at a different angle, I've only ever seen him from the front before. Whooooops! Ignore me.

It's funny you should mention this because his backcard story has the ponies asking why his ears are so weird and he's all, "LOL they're antlers, I'm a moose."

I might have already expressed this unpopular opinion but I'm not sure because this thread is so long . . . Ponies look better with neck-length hair than hair down to the floor.  Hair down to the floor makes them look less pony-like.

It is so aggravating to me that they use such long manes on the ponies in G3, G4, and a lot of sets in the latter half of G1.   IMO a long mane is  also more likely to end up with teased, frizzed, or otherwise wrecked if the pony has been played with by a child.

While we are on this subject:  ponies with ringlets in their hair.  What a terrible idea.  They are going to get butchered if the child ever brushes the pony's hair and they don't even look as good as 'natural' curls.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:34:29 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1297 on: September 07, 2018, 07:43:40 AM »
I actually like the Rainbow Curl set a lot better with straight hair! I can't curl ringlets to save my life, and a flowing rainbow mane looks a bit nicer to me than curls that don't mix colors.

I love hearing people rag on Starlight! Please, go ahead!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:45:13 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 07, 2018, 08:11:14 AM »

It's funny you should mention this because his backcard story has the ponies asking why his ears are so weird and he's all, "LOL they're antlers, I'm a moose."

I might have already expressed this unpopular opinion but I'm not sure because this thread is so long . . . Ponies look better with neck-length hair than hair down to the floor.  Hair down to the floor makes them look less pony-like.

It is so aggravating to me that they use such long manes on the ponies in G3, G4, and a lot of sets in the latter half of G1.   IMO a long mane is  also more likely to end up with teased, frizzed, or otherwise wrecked if the pony has been played with by a child.

While we are on this subject:  ponies with ringlets in their hair.  What a terrible idea.  They are going to get butchered if the child ever brushes the pony's hair and they don't even look as good as 'natural' curls.

I'm not crazy about curls either. I don't care if I brush them out.  :bolt:

As far as long hair on G4s...well, I guess they gotta do something to cover up those bulbous heads.

I love the BnG ponies, but maaan their hair likes to gets in the way.  I brush it and it starts getting tangled minutes later I swear! It's crazy.  Wish they'd added thicker tails on the G3s and G4s. Drives me nuts.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:20:26 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 07, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
I love the long pony hair. On specific G1 sets. I think the G3s could do with growing into their hair, sometimes.

I adore Brush & Grows and their long hair. It is hard to store them neatly but I do and always did love styling them. But I found Braided Beauty stood up to all my styling pressure much better than Star Gleamer did. Tinsel in styling pony hair is not a good plan. It looks gorgeous when new, but it doesn't stand up to kids. All my Princess BnGs have their hair in permanent braids because their hair basically doesn't look great loose. It doesn't look great braided, either, but it isn't falling out that way.

I love factory curl but hate washing it. And I love the ringlets when absolutely mint. The ringlet ponies' hair is too long for me when brushed out. My Lemon Treats is tripping over her hair, because it's no longer ringletty.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 07, 2018, 02:00:31 PM »
I love the long pony hair. On specific G1 sets. I think the G3s could do with growing into their hair, sometimes.

I adore Brush & Grows and their long hair. It is hard to store them neatly but I do and always did love styling them. But I found Braided Beauty stood up to all my styling pressure much better than Star Gleamer did. Tinsel in styling pony hair is not a good plan. It looks gorgeous when new, but it doesn't stand up to kids. All my Princess BnGs have their hair in permanent braids because their hair basically doesn't look great loose. It doesn't look great braided, either, but it isn't falling out that way.

I love factory curl but hate washing it. And I love the ringlets when absolutely mint. The ringlet ponies' hair is too long for me when brushed out. My Lemon Treats is tripping over her hair, because it's no longer ringletty.

They have great colors.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 08, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »
@LAW - I find all of the mane 6 bland, cliche and uninspiring. I know that's going to be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think they're really good role models for 'friendship'.

I can't comment on Starlight Glimmer as a character because I gave up on FIM long before she was introduced. But as a toy collector I love her colouring, so I'm fine with her existing. I still really hope that the reboot will ditch the current mane 6 and invent at least some new characters to take their place, so I am not desperate to see Starlight Glimmer in G5 for that reason.

Also nobody in G4 matches up to Sunset Shimmer. Period :D <---unpopular opinion? I wonder.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:35:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1302 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:51 AM »
I like Starlight Glimmer.  The show became way more interesting after she was added to the cast as a reformed baddie.

Suggesting that the writers "hate MLP FIM and want it to die" is pretty silly.  They are professional writers;  if they hated a show they wouldn't work on it.  There are plenty more fish in the sea when it comes to cartoons.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 08, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
I like Starlight Glimmer.  The show became way more interesting after she was added to the cast as a reformed baddie.

Suggesting that the writers "hate MLP FIM and want it to die" is pretty silly.  They are professional writers;  if they hated a show they wouldn't work on it.  There are plenty more fish in the sea when it comes to cartoons.

:fish:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 08, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »
I liked Diamond Tiara better when she was bully because it made the point that not everyone in your life is going to be your friend.

I alos think Starlight was forgiven too quickly for trying to destroy Equestria and she did turn to mind control a little too quickly for me but I think she does have some good character development epscially in "To Where and Back Again" She was shown to be afraid of being in charge/leading other ponies because she was afraid making the same mistakes again.

I'm also a fan of Thorax. :) I wish we would get more episodes featuring him.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal