collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411639 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #960 on: May 09, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »
Okay bear with me here:

I deflock all my ponies, no matter what the flocking condition is.
I reroot all my ponies, despite 'good' hair quality
I think the pony tales cartoon is great.
I remove the first tooth paint from first tooth babies with acetone.

And now everyone will call me a pony abuser XD

Honestly, this is the saddest news I have heard, read or been subjected too all day.   -_-

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 11, 2018, 06:21:18 AM »
Okay bear with me here:

..I mean, it's your choice and all, but.... why? :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 11, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »
I don't like Squash ems or Mash ems or whatever they're called.

Me either.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 11, 2018, 07:39:57 AM »
I like the name Princess Tiffany, even though I don't usually like human names for animals.

I'm okayish with the BBE unicorn pose. Like, its not my favorite, but its not terrible. The BBE earth pony pose is impo worse.

I like the big eyed Princess Skystar.

I don't like that all royalty has become relegated to one or two species instead of multiple.

I like the G4 merponies better then the G1 and G3.5 merponies. Like the actual ones, not the mane suxx ones.

I'm annoyed that none of the aquatic or bug/fairy types of ponies have gotten boys.

I love ponies with longer then normal hair.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:57:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #964 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:04 AM »
I like the name Serena over Aquamarine, because I like Sailor Moon. Plus Serena has always been a wonderful name.

Serena's real name in SM is Usagi, though :) Which means rabbit. :) Because in Japan, there are rabbits living in the moon (according to popular myth). Hence Sailor Moon.

(Aquamarine > Serena for me, but that won't surprise you huh? XD)

I went to school with an annoying girl called Serena, as well as an annoying one called Tiffany.

I find the Fashem things really weird. I didn't go out to buy any but I got a couple in a lot I bought for something else. They're so odd and squishy. I kept them because they fascinate me - but I am not quite sure why that is.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 11, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »
welp.....I guess nobody agrees with my opinions and that's fine, I just buy baits tho.....
oh well.... :(

Post Merge: May 11, 2018, 11:22:07 AM

Okay bear with me here:

I only buy baits people, no need to throw shade on what's said before okay :(

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:22:07 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #966 on: May 11, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »
I absolutely cannot stand when people make customs from G1 ponies instead of putting their time, energy, and resources into restoring them. It makes me really, really sad when I see that someone has made a custom from a G1.

Building off that previous statement, I don't believe in the concept of "bait" ponies, since if a pony can be customized, that pony could have been restored instead.

I wish Hasbro had made a set with Megan and TJ instead of just Megan and Sundance. I would have loved (and would still love) a TJ!

I wish Hasbro had made more ponies in the seated pose.

My least favorite sets are the ones that really anthropomorphized the ponies physicality - the Fancy Pants babies and the First Tooth babies.

I still kind of hold a grudge over how toxic bronies were at the beginning of their existence as a community, even though they seem to have quieted down for the most part by now.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 11, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »
I like the solid plastic hair and posibility of the Guardians of Harmony toys (especially Pinkie, the brushables always have her depressed hair style)

I don't mind having a set of core characters like in G4 and the later part of G3 since that makes it easier and cheaper to collect one of each character

I prefer Flutter and "Winger" Ponies to Sea Ponies

I really don't understand the "designer" wings people make for Flutter Ponies when there are replacements, yes some are nice, but still

Some of the Nirvana colour schemes just make me wonder "Why?"

I don't really like G3 from either the toy line or animation side; I know for some it was considered a sort of Pony Renaissance (At least the first half) where they had ponies more closely modeled after actual ponies, and a variety of poses & gimmics, and had more of what G1 fans were looking for, and happened in that point in history where there were adult fans but it wasn't really easy to find out what merchandise was coming months in advance so it was easier to go to the store and be surprised by what you found. But they're a little different from G1 ponies in terms of how much they resemble ponies and it doesn't quite do it for me....And then the animated series even more so, and I know a lot of the actors from Friendship is Magic were in it, but to me they sound more invested in that than the G3 series

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 12, 2018, 04:19:52 AM »
I absolutely cannot stand when people make customs from G1 ponies instead of putting their time, energy, and resources into restoring them. It makes me really, really sad when I see that someone has made a custom from a G1.

Building off that previous statement, I don't believe in the concept of "bait" ponies, since if a pony can be customized, that pony could have been restored instead.

I agree with you on this one. While some ponies can absolutely be considered bait, many of the ponies I've seen used for customs could have totally been restored. While I don't hate customs I'd rather have a pony rehaired with it's original color and length and completely repainted symbols instead of a custom. I like my ponies to be as original as possible.

Many of my own ponies were sold as baits, and I was able to restore them enough that they'll very well. I like to encourage others to attempt to fully restore a pony before calling it bait.

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 12, 2018, 05:24:59 AM »

I agree with you on this one. While some ponies can absolutely be considered bait, many of the ponies I've seen used for customs could have totally been restored. While I don't hate customs I'd rather have a pony rehaired with it's original color and length and completely repainted symbols instead of a custom. I like my ponies to be as original as possible.

Many of my own ponies were sold as baits, and I was able to restore them enough that they'll very well. I like to encourage others to attempt to fully restore a pony before calling it bait.

I agree with you both to a point.

I'm particularly uncomfortable with customising such joyful, pretty little things as ponies into pop-culture icons and monsters.

However, I do like alternative rehairs when done with the 'spirit' of the original ponies intact.

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 12, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »
Okay bear with me here:

I feel unwell after reading that.  Just WHY. 

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 12, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
I like to customize fake ponies for fun.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #972 on: May 12, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »
I love the eyelash princesses, I think there's a very small pool of us :lol:.

I love my Princess Spiderlashes!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 12, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
I love the eyelash princesses, I think there's a very small pool of us :lol:.

I love my Princess Spiderlashes!

Does this mean they were bitten by a radioactive maybelline jar? :p

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 13, 2018, 02:58:25 AM »

I agree with you both to a point.

I'm particularly uncomfortable with customising such joyful, pretty little things as ponies into pop-culture icons and monsters.

However, I do like alternative rehairs when done with the 'spirit' of the original ponies intact.

^
All of this. G1s are nearly old enough to be considered antiques by some standards, and it just seems terribly wasteful...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:01:05 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal