collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411222 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #900 on: April 13, 2018, 12:55:57 PM »
Seconded with the rainy day sets, I love them so much!

There was also a raincoat in the Disney Build-A-Pony thing too!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They have Disney princesses on them. The one above is mine, they're super cute!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:30 PM »
- Ponies with printed on glasses! Gah! The BAB DJ and FS photo finish don’t have them stamped on, so we know they have eyes!
- the names for some of the blind bags are getting more strange by the wave! I like to have a giggle when I see them in the shops  :P
Mlp Sunsparkle x

yessssssss to both of these!! The printed-on glasses (and accessories in general - like Silver Spoon's necklace, etc) drive me nuts, it's so cheap and lazy. Plus it just looks bad since the glasses don't even fit the mold (if that makes sense.. idk about Photo Finish but at least with DJ, you can see the indents where her eyes 'should' go, since they just used the normal unicorn headmold instead of making a new one). Ugh. Honestly I'd rather they have NO glasses than printed-on ones.

and oh gosh the blind bag names XDD I know there's always been some not-that-great names but some of the latest ones.. did they get a new guy to name them or have they finally gone off the deep end?!? :silly:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #902 on: April 13, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
I've long since thought they were inspired by paint colour sample sheets.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 13, 2018, 04:25:59 PM »
I've long since thought they were inspired by paint colour sample sheets.
I would probably believe someone if they said that was true.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 13, 2018, 04:37:25 PM »
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I don't understand when people buy a pony then come to the forum to PC it. I'm saying this now so nobody feels attacked as nobody is doing it right at the moment xD but I've never understood it. I mean, if you paid an amount for an item, and were happy with that amount, and you aren't going to sell it, why do you need to know it's 'value'?

In short, I don't understand collecting ponies in regards to their 'value'. I understand collecting ponies according to what you like, can afford, and are happy paying ;) Price checks surely only come into the equation when you want/need to sell something..? The likelihood of lumps of deteriorating plastic holding long term investment value is unlikely so buying ponies should be driven by interest first and financial aspects later. Unless, of course, it's for insurance purposes.

Maybe I'm just too old school, but it makes me sad when people buy an item THEN ask for a PC.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #905 on: April 14, 2018, 03:47:52 AM »
Re the snipe vs the proxy bid. Ultimately it doesn't matter which method you use if you are putting in the max you want to pay whenever you bid. If the auction goes above your bid then you should bow out really.

I am not a fan of automatic snipe programs. I often bid a little before the end and then turn the PC off and go do something else so I don't get caught in a bidding war. If I win I do, if not, then oh well. I don't do automatic sniping. For me that's more annoying than people bidding ages before the auction ends. I sometimes put low bids on items I want to bid on later so I get proper reminders from ebay, as Ebay fails often to remind me of watchlist items ending, but always reminds me of things I've been outbid on.

Over 20 years of using ebay, though, the people I don't understand are the ones who bid much more than a pony is realistically worth because they get caught up in hype. I don't mind when people bid, not really, but if I see a faded Posey going for £30 for no apparent reason, then I have to wonder about the bidders involved.

It's more that a pony will end up going way way higher than is its actual value because people keep bidding on it before it's actually savvy to do so. If the auction ends in 5 days, wait until the day before or something. Idk, it makes more sense to me, but someone did mention shilling so that could be a likely thing as well.

I refuse to pay more than I think a pony is worth. I ignore plenty of auctions, I guess I'm just a bit salty.
Call me Pixie!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 14, 2018, 04:16:39 AM »

Totally with you on the toy line/show shifting dynamic. I want a toy line, not something thrown together to keep a cartoon with questionable values on screens.

This sums up exactly how I feel about G4. Perfectly said.

My unpopular pony opinions - I LOVE the collectors pose! I think it is a very sweet and soulful pose (if that makes sense!)
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #907 on: April 14, 2018, 11:32:22 AM »
My unpopular pony opinions - I LOVE the collectors pose! I think it is a very sweet and soulful pose (if that makes sense!)

When I was a child I felt the collector's pose was sort of droppy and so all the collector pose ponies I had were Grandma Ponies.
Call me Pixie!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 14, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »

When I was a child I felt the collector's pose was sort of droppy and so all the collector pose ponies I had were Grandma Ponies.

That’s so funny! I can kind of see what you mean though! They always reminded me of this scene in the animated Chwrlotte’s Web I saw in grade 4 (80’s version). Plus they were my first ponies so they are perfection in my eyes!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 14, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »

I can totally see that. G1 adults look like 30 year old women to me anyway, so my sitting pony (Seashell) was the middle aged older mom/younger grandma.

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 14, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
I've never been a huge fan of the 'Tootsie pose', but I think a lot of people like it and favour it. I only just recently got Cherries Jubilee, the only one I have in this pose, because I don't like it so much. It seems awkward somehow. :wonder:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 14, 2018, 11:41:23 PM »
I've never been a huge fan of the 'Tootsie pose', but I think a lot of people like it and favour it. I only just recently got Cherries Jubilee, the only one I have in this pose, because I don't like it so much. It seems awkward somehow. :wonder:

As a kid I hated this pose. I had Snowflake and Cherries Jubilee and I wasn't always nice to them. They also got to be stand in boy ponies when I needed more than the three I had for a game or something. But when I was about 8 or 9 I decided to start writing stories about Magic Star and I actively chose to make Cherries Jubilee her best friend because I wanted to like the pony more. It worked. The pose is goofy, but now I don't mind it - though I think part of that was because I knew that here in the UK, Magic Star (with whom I was a bit obsessed at the time) was also in that pose.

The weird thing is that now to me that's normal for Magic Star. So my unpopular opinion is that I don't like Magic Star in the rearing pose. Also, I consider SS Magic Star and the other SS ponies the variants, even though they came out earlier than the movie ponies we had over here - because I grew up ignorant of SS ponies and they are the ones with the gimmick ;)

I like Skippety Doo and Truly in that pose but Magic Star in the rearing pose just looks wrong to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 15, 2018, 01:30:31 AM »

As a kid I hated this pose. I had Snowflake and Cherries Jubilee and I wasn't always nice to them. They also got to be stand in boy ponies when I needed more than the three I had for a game or something. But when I was about 8 or 9 I decided to start writing stories about Magic Star and I actively chose to make Cherries Jubilee her best friend because I wanted to like the pony more. It worked. The pose is goofy, but now I don't mind it - though I think part of that was because I knew that here in the UK, Magic Star (with whom I was a bit obsessed at the time) was also in that pose.

The weird thing is that now to me that's normal for Magic Star. So my unpopular opinion is that I don't like Magic Star in the rearing pose. Also, I consider SS Magic Star and the other SS ponies the variants, even though they came out earlier than the movie ponies we had over here - because I grew up ignorant of SS ponies and they are the ones with the gimmick ;)

I like Skippety Doo and Truly in that pose but Magic Star in the rearing pose just looks wrong to me.

I'm still getting accustomed to the pose; I had a Shoreline not too long ago, with awfully frizzy hair that I managed to fix with conditioner, a low-heat flat iron, and 6 hours of labour and patience, but I ended up selling her because I wasn't too attached, and I was happy for someone else to enjoy the effort I put into turning her around. She lives in the Toronto area now.  ^.^
Cherries Jubilee was an accident; I was so stricken by how pretty she was that I kept her, so I'm learning not to mind the pose, but I'm still not there yet.  XD

It's funny, I feel like I've somehow seen Magic Star more in the Tootsie pose than rearing, but I prefer the rearing. I always picture deflocked or Brazilian first, though; I have to make more of a conscious effort to picture SS Magic Star, despite her being the wider release, I think.

I think that there should have been more rearing, and sitting, ponies, as well as non-flocked versions of SSs, on that note. Another for the opinion bank.  :joy:

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 15, 2018, 06:49:46 AM »
I'm also not big on Rapunzel, and I only want Mimic because TE are my favourite ponies. Otherwise I wouldn't be fussed...

I don't like So Soft Ponies at all. I dislike the feel of the fuzz on toys like them, and it makes me super uncomfortable.

I don't like the original ones, because their shapes are kinda meh.

I'm not bothered about boy ponies but I would still add them to my collection (they get so pricey!)

I can't think of much else  :ack:
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 15, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »
It's funny, I feel like I've somehow seen Magic Star more in the Tootsie pose than rearing, but I prefer the rearing. I always picture deflocked or Brazilian first, though; I have to make more of a conscious effort to picture SS Magic Star, despite her being the wider release, I think.

I think that there should have been more rearing, and sitting, ponies, as well as non-flocked versions of SSs, on that note. Another for the opinion bank.  :joy:
I agree about NSS, sitting, and rearing ponies being more standard, even if I like SS ponies.

About Magic Star, I'm that way with Tootsie. My first introduction to Tootsie was a white Italian one as a gift, so when I see a yellow one, I have to remember that it's not a nirvana.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal