collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78362 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1500 on: August 17, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »
Oooo I wish I had the disposable income to escape my problems and come help out so many of you! 

now I am having a massive psoriasis breakdown on my FACE.  tomorrow is golf tournament.  It will be over 30* and this madness will go on.  I also cannot fit in my golf skirt so I am going to have to wear my black pants and that's just... awesome. 

The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1501 on: August 18, 2022, 05:02:11 AM »
@squirmy hoping everything goes smoothly and it's over fast :)

today i have early meetings. i don't know why we need meetings about meetings. and planning for planning. i just want to sit quietly and work.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:51:16 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1502 on: August 18, 2022, 05:28:00 AM »
Aw Squirmy, that sucks :( I hope things go well. Is psoriasis sensitive to the temp? Eczema is. Well, at least mine is, doesn't like the heat.

My bed is so uncomfortable. When I bought it (actually my sister bought it for me) I picked a double sided mattress. The reason is because the best bed I ever had was double sided, but now I know that it was the brand that was good, not the fact it was double sided. That brand is called Verlo and it's only available up North. I wish I could afford a Temper Pedic or a Purple mattress.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 18, 2022, 05:51:07 AM »
@BC my parents had a TemperPedic and it wore out fairly quickly. though my mom would sleep on a wooden board if she could so maybe it just wasn't a good mattress for her.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1504 on: August 18, 2022, 05:55:04 AM »
They have different kinds. I think the one I was looking at is called Rhapsody. It has cool gel in it and a firm foam layer for extra support. I think the original is just foam and those do wear out quickly.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 18, 2022, 06:03:52 AM »
They have different kinds. I think the one I was looking at is called Rhapsody. It has cool gel in it and a firm foam layer for extra support. I think the original is just foam and those do wear out quickly.

cool gel sounds nice. especially in a humid climate.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 18, 2022, 06:21:08 AM »
I'm sorry BC and lovesbabysquirmy that you're dealing with eczema and psoriasis.  That is not fun.  My eczema is sensitive to heat also.

I almost forgot to take 2 of my medications yesterday. I finally remembered right before I went to bed but I try to take my blood pressure pill earlier because it makes me feel a little weird if I take it too late.  I'm usually really good about remembering to take it but I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday.

My dad keeps moving stuff around and then I have no idea where he puts them.  My mom and I spent 30 minutes the other day looking for a DVD because it wasn't in the last place we saw it.  It turns out my dad had put it somewhere else.  He's bad at putting things back where he got them.  I have all of my anime DVDs in one spot and one day when he was looking for a movie  I noticed he's put other DVDs on top of my anme ones.  I had left that spot clear so I wouldn't have to move  other DVDs to get to the one I wanted to watch.

My dad also moved my bbq skewers that I was using for plants. I had them in the sunroom but when our air conditioning was out he got up one night and took most of the stuff out of there.  I have no idea where they are now.   My dad gets mad sometimes if you ask him where he put something so I don't want to ask.  I could buy more but I don't want to do that either since I know I didn't use all of the ones in the pacakge.

I think I need a new wireless mouse.  I was going to replace the one I'm using about before but it started working better.  I replaced the batteries not too long ago and noticed the mouse is started to scroll pages on its.  This usually means the batteries need to be changed but I did that a couple of weeks ago.

It's raining.  We need rain but damp weather really tears up my asthma.  :(

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:06:45 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 18, 2022, 09:41:41 AM »
My skin can be annoying too, but not to the extent of diagnosable eczema or psoriasis.

But my whinge is about my sleep schedule, as in why can I NEVER get it sorted out??? I think I have it, then something skews it & I end up bleugh, or crashing out, or something else, & it's such a pain. The problem isn't so much the waking up; it's the going to bed... My PC is in the living room & I have a bedroom clock so I hardly need the phone, except to reset it after power cuts. I have a snuggly sharky plushie to curl into for comfort & relaxation, & the room is as dark as I can make it. It's just getting myself from here to there at a reasonable hour...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 18, 2022, 06:12:50 PM »
today i was supposed to get a package with some flavored syrups and the website says it was delivered. but it's nowhere to be found :( i'm not sure if it was mis-delivered or what. now i have to hope to get a refund or a replacement. i was excited about them too.

thankfully Baby Leaper and the dog treats arrived safely.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 18, 2022, 07:18:53 PM »
My dad was complaining again today that we need to organize our movies.  We've tried to discuss it before, but he doesn't like the categories that I suggest or listen when I tell him that most of the movies are already sorted in to themes (Disney, TV series etc...) Then he said we need to get rid of the VHS tapes that we've replaced with DVD copies.  I was sorting through movies to do that months ago and one day he decided to clean up stuff and said "I put all of those movies back on the shelves." I haven't resorted them yet.  He complains about not having enough space for movies but then I try to open up space he erases all of the work I did.  :(  On top of that he also decided to move some VHS tapes but some of the ones he took out we don't have DVD copies of yet.   He was also saying that he couldn't find another movie but it was a movie that he put away and then couldn't remember where he put it.   I can remember where most of the movies are but I try not to bother his movies.  I know it shouldn't frustrate me so much, but I don't see how we're going to agree when we just go in circles about this.  :argh: :argh:

Beth, I hope your missing package shows up or if it doesn't you can get a replacement.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1510 on: August 19, 2022, 05:45:59 AM »
I'm sorry Ponyfan. That's frustrating. My sister used to do stuff like that. In fact, she was cleaning the movie shelves when she got sick and never finished. She took out all the VHS, including the Disney ones which a few of those I wanted to keep and put the DVDs in piles sorted laying down. So you have to dig through them to find anything instead of being able to read the spines. I offered to fix it for my mom but she no, just leave it. I don't know if she wants it left because it was something my sister was doing or what.

Luckily, my dad keeps most of his stuff separate from other things but he can never remember where the kitchen utensils are. It's like, you've been retired for a few years, shouldn't you know where the serving spoons are by now?

My complaint is a headache that's been coming and going for three days. It's mostly at my temples behind my ears and my foramen magnum. It might be tension? I don't have any tension specific medicine.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 19, 2022, 05:59:21 AM »
@BC i hope you feel better soon. @Ponyfan my parents are the same with organization. it was a big problem when they moved. and when i offered to help they didn't really let me.

the rain is great but the dogs are not happy. they hate when it's too dry, when the grass is too high, but they especially hate the rain. and i'm the world's worst person for making them go outside when it's wet. my sheltie, Moose, was the best in the rain. he didn't care if the whole yard was a puddle. he would do his business. but i guess he had enough fur to shield him. I miss my Moose :(

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 19, 2022, 07:46:35 AM »
My dad was complaining again today that we need to organize our movies.  We've tried to discuss it before, but he doesn't like the categories that I suggest or listen when I tell him that most of the movies are already sorted in to themes (Disney, TV series etc...) Then he said we need to get rid of the VHS tapes that we've replaced with DVD copies.  I was sorting through movies to do that months ago and one day he decided to clean up stuff and said "I put all of those movies back on the shelves." I haven't resorted them yet.  He complains about not having enough space for movies but then I try to open up space he erases all of the work I did.  :(  On top of that he also decided to move some VHS tapes but some of the ones he took out we don't have DVD copies of yet.   He was also saying that he couldn't find another movie but it was a movie that he put away and then couldn't remember where he put it.   I can remember where most of the movies are but I try not to bother his movies.  I know it shouldn't frustrate me so much, but I don't see how we're going to agree when we just go in circles about this.  :argh: :argh:

Beth, I hope your missing package shows up or if it doesn't you can get a replacement.

Ponyfan

I guess if it was me organizing, I would start with putting it all in alphabetical order by title so you could see where your duplicates are.  Then you could pull out the VHS and once that was done, discuss whether leaving them in alphabetical order is best or to sort by genre.  It sounds like he won't be happy no matter what but if you go through the process of showing him which ones you actually have the DVD for, maybe it will stick instead of him thinking that your VHS only movies have a DVD somewhere.

So one of our problem people had her last day yesterday and I went back to the area she was in charge of shelving.  There is so much work to do to fix the mess she created.  And she had the gall in her "goodbye" email to say that she might apply to work here again.  She won't answer the phone or help people and that's the job she wants to apply for so none of us see that happening.  But we'll see.  Maybe working someplace that won't tolerate her behavior as long will teach her something.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1513 on: August 20, 2022, 08:48:15 AM »
My Dad also has the talent of losing things. He likes to resort everything, which means that nothing is where he thinks it is. He's not particularly belligerent about it though. He just seems surprised when he doesn't know where something is. My mother is great at finding things. They're a good pair xD.

My DVDs are in an unintellible system that isn't really a system. It's just the ones I will want are accessible and the ones that I watch rarely are less accessible. But I did sort all of mine out recently and it's much better now.

My trivial complaint today is my own cleverness. I managed to tip a bunch of mineral water all over my bedding. It's not quite as good as Mum's tipping half her tea over her bedsheet the other day, but it's still annoying.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 20, 2022, 12:02:40 PM »
Ouch! >_< I fell today when I got out of the car. My leg was somehow entangled in the driver's seat belt and I fell to my knees on the ground. Miraculously, nothing happened to my hands and they are not sore, but my left knee is!  :bawl: It has a few wounds and tomorrow it will definitely be a lot more sore than it is now. Bruises will certainly occur as well. Fortunately, no bones were broken.  :whew: I still have amazingly strong bones.
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal