collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78438 times)

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1395 on: July 16, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »
Neighborhood kids have started a new "fun" game. They keep ringing my doorbell and then run away. They don't do this to others in this hallway and I have a sticker on my door mentioning there are pets in the apartment. Imagine if I had a dog who goes crazy when someone is at the door.. Luckily just two cats who seem mildly annoyed about it. They have woken me up 3 days in a row now which is especially annoying due to insomnia. I don't know who's kids they exactly are or where they live since this is an apartment complex.

And one neighbor has started storing garbage bags on their balcony before they bother taking them out. My bedroom's air vent is right next to it so my bedroom smells like garbage and dirty diapers most of the time. Disgusting. There's somekind of pressurized system which is preventing me from closing that vent, trying to come up with alternatives but to no avail. I hate this place so much.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 16, 2022, 07:30:44 PM »
This is going to be long. 

My dad has a habit of being really oblivious about things sometimes. The other day we went somewhere, and he and my mom got out of the car.  I was in the back and my dad decided to stand right in front of my door =, not realizing that meant that I couldn't get out of the car on that side.  I waited a few minutes for him to move, but he didn't.  So I had to go over the middle of the car to the other side and get out on that side.  He did apologize after I told him that he made it impossible for me to get out of the car on that side but things like that happen a lot.

My mom accidently bumped me this evening and made me drop the plate I was holding.  The plate hit my finger and it instantly made a mark.  I think it might have broken a blood vessel as it turned from pink to purple in a matter of minutes.

My blood pressure dropped yesterday.  I still might be a little low today.  I've felt tired a lot today.

I'm trying to decide if I want to watch a movie later or just watch something on TV instead.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 07:35:17 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1397 on: July 17, 2022, 04:59:33 AM »
Filthy, that sound awful :( I'm sorry you have to deal with both of those things. Can you complain to management?

My complaint is a missing package. It said it was delivered yesterday by UPS but there was nothing on my porch. I don't think UPS would be able to put something in the parcel locker by the mailbox but maybe they can. I'm waiting to wake up a little more before I check the mailbox. I'm hoping it's there. It's a birthday present for my dad and I already bought the frame for it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 17, 2022, 08:28:06 PM »
Neighborhood kids have started a new "fun" game. They keep ringing my doorbell and then run away. They don't do this to others in this hallway and I have a sticker on my door mentioning there are pets in the apartment. Imagine if I had a dog who goes crazy when someone is at the door.. Luckily just two cats who seem mildly annoyed about it. They have woken me up 3 days in a row now which is especially annoying due to insomnia. I don't know who's kids they exactly are or where they live since this is an apartment complex.

Too bad you can't put superglue on the doorbell just before they're known to come and ring it. If it happens to pull their skin off as they run away then that's their problem.  It isn't your fault that they are touching the doorbell for no reason.  Especially since you just happened to be "fixing" something early in the morning when nobody was expected to use it...

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 18, 2022, 07:13:28 AM »
My dad bought cheese pizza again. :(  I like pizza , but not cheese yet my dad buys it every time because he's convinced that buying pizza with toppings is wasting money.  I add toppings to mine after he brings it home but it's not the same. 

I was so happy that we were getting bookshelves yesterday because a lot of my books are in boxes.  I know there might not be enough room for all of them on the shelf though.  My dad decided to rearrange the living room and put the shelves behind the TV.  That's not where I would have put them but I guess it's going to be another case of "that's the way it's going to be" because my dad decided it.

I started a new inhaler on Friday and have been having some side effects.  I looked them up but the ones I have aren't listed as common. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 18, 2022, 07:19:03 AM »
My niece fell asleep with her music on last night.  Wouldn't have been an issue but it was loud enough to wake me up several times so now I'm tired and, unlike everyone else in my family, I have to work 8 hours and won't get to sleep half the day while they drive up to visit my grandpa and brother.    :zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 18, 2022, 09:55:40 AM »
My dad asked me what books I wanted put on the sheleves.  I tried to show him by showing him what books needed to fit on there but as soon as I did, he told me he didn't have time to do it right now.  Why ask me then what books I wanted on there if he wasn't going to work with me right then?

I was trying to put some lanyards away and my mom saw me.  She has to know everything I'm doing.  I tried to tell her I was putting them away so we could throw away the bag they came in.

Later I was standing in the living room and my mom decided that she had to walk by me to get in the kitchen and ended up bumping me in the process.  There was plenty of room to walk around the other way. 

I know I'm being a little oversensitive about everything, but I feel really pushed aside and unimportant right now. :wail:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 09:57:45 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 18, 2022, 11:56:38 PM »
I went for a nap at 7:15pm yesterday, set an alarm to put my shield up in my game (to stop other players attacking me) with the idea I'd also get dinner by then.

Nope. I reset my shield and went straight back to sleep until the back of 6am today, and I could have slept for SO much longer  :zzz:

The bus no longer goes all the way to work, so I need to wait 30 minutes for ANOTHER bus to get me there after the first, and combined it makes me late!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1403 on: July 20, 2022, 09:29:08 AM »
The UK is not designed for temperatures over 35 degrees.

I am so happy to have cooler weather back today.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1404 on: July 20, 2022, 12:36:22 PM »
I know I'm being a little oversensitive about everything, but I feel really pushed aside and unimportant right now. :wail:

Ponyfan

:hug:

I just spent 2 and half days at my parents house and I do not regret moving out one bit. My mom immediately took advantage of me and had me do all this stuff. I finally said to her that I can't, my back hurts too much. Her and my dad are fighting again (they usually are) so he's not doing anything for my mom either. But you know, maybe if she treated everyone better when they DO do things for her, and not like a slave that should be grateful to be in her presence, more of us wouldn't mind it.

I had to bring my cat with me, and luckily, she was fine to stay in the room and the others cats couldn't bother her. She got carsick in her carrier on the way back home (a little while ago) and then got sick again on the carpet. So I have that to scrub now. It was so hot at my parents house. I slept in my dad's room (which is my old bedroom) and all he had was the ceiling fan. It wasn't enough for me so I had to go get a dirty one from outside. I didn't care and plugged it in and used it as-is.

Then, of course, my mom gets all 'woe is me' when I got the call I could come home. She said I was leaving her alone with no one to talk to. I said I call you everyday and visit once a week and she snapped back 'it's not the same thing!' - Oh, like when I lived here and you hardly saw me because I couldn't stand to be around you? Pfffft.

Also, the place is filthy. My dad does the dishes, laundry and changes the cat litter. That's about it. My sister did all the cleaning and it'll be a year since she passed away in Sep (which I am having a hard time with - but that's another thing). I walk around the house barefoot because it's too hot for socks and I can't make a habit of using slippers. After the first day when I went to bed, the bottoms of my feet were black with dirt. There are huge cobwebs hanging everywhere. Dust is an inch thick and has cat hair mixed into it. The place smells like urine. It's just bad. My mom is able to get a cleaning service, but my dad told her no. He doesn't trust them not to steal or break his things (which is and odd thing to say because he doesn't have any "things" except tools and stuff in the garage. In fact, most of the décor left is MINE. I don't have room for it so I left it there.) I told my mom to see if she could get the cleaning just for her bedroom and bathroom. She said she'd ask.

I'm glad to be home.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 22, 2022, 03:38:37 PM »
Thank you BlackCurtains.

I'm sorry your mom treated you like that. :hug:

My dad keeps picking things to eat that I either don't want or like.  My mom just says she can't do anything about it and lets him get his way.  I don't consider myself a picky eater but there are a few things that I don't like and would rather not eat.  Food doesn't taste good to me most of the time if it's not something I want to eat. 

My parents both think as long as the package isn't open food is still good.  I noticed some food in the cabinet that expired or had a Best By date of at least 6 months ago. I've tried to tell my mom when I've noticed food that is too old but most of the time it's pointless.  The irony is if mom gets food that tastes bad it goes in the trash but if I say something is old, I'm told it's still okay because "I just bought it" or "it hasn't been opened."  I got sick one time because my mom told me the cheese in the keeper was fresh and it turned out it was a lot older than she thought.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 24, 2022, 02:41:08 PM »
Its too hot. I can't get much sleep. I'm depressed, tired, snappish, and overly sensitive. I have cabin fever. My family is driving me up the wall with bickering, nonsensical demands, and being super petty. (Yes, I'm part of the problem.)

I'm seriously considering risking heat stroke to walk around town in triple digit weather, just to get away for a few blessed hours.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 03:27:01 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1407 on: July 24, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »
Its too hot. I can't get much sleep. I'm depressed, tired, snappish, and overly sensitive. I have cabin . My family is driving me up the wall with bickering, nonsensical demands, and being super petty. (Yes, I'm part of the problem.)

I'm seriously considering risking heat stroke to walk around town in triple digit weather, just to get away for a few blessed hours.

I admire your honesty. Everyone in yuor family must be suffering. I am also struggling with the heat but I know it's not so bad here, so I'm sorry to complain about that. I'm just not used to the heat being an English lilly-white rose or more likely having some wierd blood condition. So anyway, I synpathise. We were trapped in teh house for two days last week to escape the heat and there is only so much subscription tv you can watch really. I tend to go out very early in the morning, it might be better for you too, and safer than going out at night? I'm an early bird anyway, but that hour of cool air in the morning is lovely.

So, to my complaint. The ligaments in my belly are stretching and hurting me and my legs are restless. It's trivial though because I'm so grateful to be pregnant.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 24, 2022, 03:40:33 PM »
I can't sleep because I feel sick and scared, I'm going back to my main office (my 'mother' office so to speak) tomorrow and that means two buses. I just feel horrible, I'm eating tomorrow's lunch right now to try and pacify my tummy

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 24, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »
I mentioned this in the Covid thread but I'm pretty sure that I have a fever.  I'm so cold unless I'm wrapped up in blanket or in bed. Sometimes I get cold like that for no reason but right now I'm either freezing or feeling like I'm going to start sweating.

My dad has taken over making meals since my mom is sick. She's afraid if she cooks that she will infect everyone.  We've had baked potatoes for 2 days in a row.  I liked baked potatoes, but not everyday.  I can't say anything though or my dad will get mad.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal