collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78374 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #930 on: February 12, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »
I only answered it a few times, mainly out of frustration. I can't block them either because it's a different number each time. But I have some good news, the calls stopped today. It might be because it's Saturday, since I usually only get robo calls and other spam during the week. Guess we'll see come Monday.

Ok, nice to hear that the calls stopped over the weekend and hopefully permanently!  :relaxed:
:zzz:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 12, 2022, 09:25:32 PM »
I've been getting calls for three days now about every hour. The locations are always different but the call is the same. I answer and there's a weird noise like a gurgling and then a robot voice says goodbye and then hangs up. It's driving me crazy and I'm beginning to hate my ring tone.

I don't want to sound like a paranoid conspiracy nut but what's the deal? Are they getting information from me/my phone when I answer? What's the weird sound? It's like I'm being called by a numbers station or something.

They're probably using the robocall to see when you are most likely to answer and then they'll do a different call at one of those times later.  I don't answer calls if I don't recognize the number.  If it's important, they'll leave a message.  If it's not, they won't leave a message and I don't have to care.  And if it's a robocall that leaves the voicemail I can report the call and then delete it.

My complaint: I tried using something new to color resin and I've poured it but I still have to wait until tomorrow to see how it turns out!  Sometimes waiting is hard...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #932 on: February 13, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »
Oh, that makes sense. I feel the same way about most calls but my phone will say if it's a spam risk, and on a few of these it didn't say that. I thought they might be a doctor's office.

--

Last night I noticed a few ants around my coffee station. I sprayed and went to bed. A few minutes ago when I went to feed my cat lunch, I picked up her breakfast bowl and it was full of ants. So then I had to play the where are they coming from game. I followed the trail up the wall, around the laundry closet, up near the ceiling and finally into the pantry. I sprayed where it was safe to do so and used cleaner in the cat area. I don't think they get into any food in the pantry but if I remember correctly there's a crack in the wall in the corner. It's not the first time they've been coming from there. They've been in every room in the apartment, even the bathroom! Like, what the hell are you going to find in a bathroom? I hate them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #933 on: February 13, 2022, 11:57:07 AM »
i had an issue with ants in the bathroom of the last place i rented. i think they were trying to get water during the dry season. they came out of the sink overflow.

my complaint today is the side project i took on was not well thought out by the designer. it's turning out to be way more work than i thought it would be.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #934 on: February 13, 2022, 03:04:11 PM »
Sorry I keep posting -_-

I've been playing my PS4 lately and my right hand and neck hurt. I try to remember to take breaks and I wear my wrist brace, but it still hurts. I don't know what's with my neck, my TV isn't up high or anything. But anyway, the complaint, other than it hurts, is that it just reminds me that I'm almost 40. I used to be able to pull all-nighters and play a game for 12-15 hours at a time. I'm lucky if I can make it to 4. The game I'm playing (RDR2) has a real annoying fishing mechanic where you have to rotate the R stick to reel in your fish. It's super hard for me to do because it's hurts my wrist so much :( I want to try for 100% completion on this play and I have the collector's book to get me there, but my hand :( It's depressing.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 13, 2022, 07:33:58 PM »
I have a headache coming on. 

Once again my mom told me one thing and decided to do something else.  When I questioned her about it she told me that I should have been able to figure out that we were going to do something else.  I've tried to her that I can't read her mind and I need her to tell me if she decides to do something different when I'm relying on her previous statement, but it never does any good.  I always feel like she thinks I'm the one in the wrong whenever this happens. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 14, 2022, 06:52:42 AM »
@ponyfan yikes. That’s how my family is sometimes. Ponies give us powers, but I have yet to get mind reading ones.

In other news, I was singing a silly song to my dogs (you know, what you do with cute pets and calling them a beautiful baby bean) and they started fighting right in front of me. I know my singing is bad but is it really that bad?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #937 on: February 14, 2022, 12:33:45 PM »
I have a headache coming on. 

Once again my mom told me one thing and decided to do something else.  When I questioned her about it she told me that I should have been able to figure out that we were going to do something else.  I've tried to her that I can't read her mind and I need her to tell me if she decides to do something different when I'm relying on her previous statement, but it never does any good.  I always feel like she thinks I'm the one in the wrong whenever this happens. :(

Ponyfan

My mother and I have a standing joke between us that she explains everything using completely different words from the ones she means and then expects me to understand the resultant verbal mess. She of course, denies it, but it's still the case. Whereas I apparently don't tell her things which I explicitly told her, because I used the right words and she thought I meant something else.

I think it's a mother thing. They communicate on a different frequency.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Apple Spice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #938 on: February 14, 2022, 05:49:47 PM »
Ugh. So aggravated right now. Bought 2 ponies from eBay separate auctions. Well they both arrived today, I’m up at my mom’s for Valentines. I go to my house that’s not even 30 minutes away to get my mail. I get there & see that one of my packages was stolen out of my mailbox & the other they left. I have no clue who did this & the worst of it there’s nothing I can do about it. I just want to cry. Why do people do things like this? I’m now getting a P.O. Box. We’ve lived here over 5 years and now this happens. It kinda ruined today for me.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 14, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »
Ugh. So aggravated right now. Bought 2 ponies from eBay separate auctions. Well they both arrived today, I’m up at my mom’s for Valentines. I go to my house that’s not even 30 minutes away to get my mail. I get there & see that one of my packages was stolen out of my mailbox & the other they left. I have no clue who did this & the worst of it there’s nothing I can do about it. I just want to cry. Why do people do things like this? I’m now getting a P.O. Box. We’ve lived here over 5 years and now this happens. It kinda ruined today for me.

I'm sorry that happened to you. :( Christmas 2020 the gifts I sent my friend and her daughter were stolen at some point before they got them.  They got the card I sent but not the presents.  I was devastated when my friend told me what happened.   

Thank you Mewtwofan1 and Taffeta.  Taffeta, I can't put in to words how much better your post made me feel.  My mom does the same thing too.  She'll tell me I didn't mention something to her when I did or she'll use different words than she actually means and when I tell her that's not what she said her reply is always "You know that's not what I meant."  It can be frustrating and sometimes I feel like my parents don't understand me even when I try to explain how this makes me feel. :(

I couldn't find Pepsi Max/Zero Sugar at the store so I picked Diet Pepsi.  I shouldn't have though because I forgot that I don't like the aftertaste.  Now I'm stuck with drinks I don't like that I have to make myself drink until I finish them. :(

I've been reading several fanfictions and there was one that was updated today.  I haven't read up to the latest chapter, but I have skipped ahead a bit  The current chapter ends on such a cliffhanger that I don't want to read it until the next chapter is posted so I can find out what happens next.  The story has a happy ending so I know the main character will get out of the situation he's currently in but I'd rather not be kept in suspense for a long time wondering how it's going to happen.

I found out today that I've been pronouncing manga wrong all this time.  I've always said it as "mon guh" and today on a show I was watching the host said it was "mane guh." 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #940 on: February 15, 2022, 03:50:34 AM »
Apple Spice, that sucks.

Ok, my rant for the day...

You guys know that I was asked to cover some classes at my old university, which in itself is fine.

But there are university strikes going on at the moment, so apparently staff have to declare they are not striking in order not to be automatically docked money for being on strike.

...I can't fill in forms, and I literally came into the middle of this. So instead of spending my day doing class preparation stuff, I am spending it talking to the strike office about why they expect me to fill in a form on a day I am not due to work to tell them I am not striking on my day off.

It's not like university strikes are unusual, and I have been teaching during them before. But it's the suddenness of, oh, I'm teaching, oh, here are some emails about the strike...and btw there's a form with no disability adjustments you have to fill in...on your day off.

Bear in mind my contract is still being formalised, so we're talking about money they haven't even paid me yet. :P

...Very annoying.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2022, 05:12:13 AM »
:sad: :sad: :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 15, 2022, 06:17:26 AM »

All porch pirates should be keelhauled.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #943 on: February 15, 2022, 08:29:28 AM »
Apple Spice, I'm so sorry :( I had a PO Box for years when I lived in another state because our mailman was insane and would wreck our mail. He would also leave us crazy letters. We probably should have reported him but we were young and intimidated.

Ponyfan, I went half my life mispronouncing "scythe" because I'd only ever read it, never heard someone say it. Finally, I saw a show or movie where someone said it and I was blown away :lol:

--

I have several complaints. one, the other arm fell off my chair :mad: I've had the left one fall off about 3 or 4 times now, but today was the right one. I'm glad I got this chair on sale.

I wanted to make hash brown casserole but I only bought one package of tater tots and it's smaller than I thought. I need another bag and they have to thaw so it's going to be another day to wait to make it.

I'm getting used to the new faucet filter, but it still leaks real bad and if it's turned a certain way it sprays out of the sink, so I need to keep it in one position, which kind of defeats the purpose of it being moveable. I'm saving up to get another one that's the same as the old one. My cat doesn't like the new one either.

This is really trivial - I bought a crystal ball to hang in the window so it catches the light and reflects rainbows all over the room. But since I put it up it's been overcast. I usually prefer overcast days, but I want a sunny day to see the rainbows  :pout:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #944 on: February 15, 2022, 02:45:38 PM »
Just found out that the upcoming Sonic show is going to be live action. :sad: I did like the first Sonic movie so I don't care much about the sequel, and I have low expectations for Sonic Frontiers. Besides the comics, this show was the only Sonic thing I was looking forward to.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal