collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77636 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2022, 10:21:22 AM »
I tell my sister to finish sorting her clothes soon because I want to get the laundry done sooner rather than later. Rather than follow my request, she watches Netflix while sorting her clothes and goes at a snails pace. Then gets mad at me when I reiterate my request to please have her clothes ready to be washed.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #961 on: February 21, 2022, 05:27:25 AM »
There is currently 13 dollars in my bank account because Walmart took a whole week to charge me for my last grocery delivery. I thought I had enough to buy a couple things from Amazon but my payment was declined - thankfully! It's going to be overdrawn again. I can't change the dates money is taken for Hulu, Prime or Patreon. That's like 24 dollars together. Ugh!

edit: An awesome amazing friend helped me out. I already owe him like 200 bucks but he came through for me again :heart:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 08:06:10 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 21, 2022, 09:54:53 AM »
@Black Curtains.  I was just about to post that I was sorry your account was about to be overdrawn again but then I saw that someone was able to help you out.  I'm happy they were able to stop your account from being overdrawn.

Today is a stressful day for me.  I have the day off due to the holiday weekend in the US and was hoping my parents would want to do something but they don't.  My mom lost her keys in the car Sat afternoon and didn't realize it until this morning. My dad put a locator on her keyring and they know they are in the car but they're stuck somewhere that isn't easily accessible. I admit that I didn't handle the fact that she lost her keys well.  I've tried to talk to her many times about writing down where she puts stuff because she can has a hard time remembering where she put it later but   

My mom is making macaroni and cheese for lunch even though I had spaghetti  last night.   I tried to talk to her about why we were having pasta again and at first, she told me that she was making it because she didn't have spaghetti last night and then it was because my dad wanted it. I love pasta but not every day and certainly not for two days in a row.   

Sometimes I really feel like my opinions and thoughts don't matter to my parents at all.  :(   Even when I try to express my opinion, I'm basically told that I have to just deal with it because whatever my dad wants he gets and he rules the house.  My post makes it sound worse than it really is.  It's not that bad most of the time but I don't like feeling pushed aside or that what I want isn't as important.  I don't think I'm a selfish person and I try to be accommodating to everyone but times like this make me sad.

Ponyfan   

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 21, 2022, 03:41:23 PM »
Nintendo eShop is no longer going to support 3DS or WiiU.  The Pokebank will will be free after next March.  I paid to renew my subscription on one of my 3DS consoles (I have 3, one of which is PAL) and I went ahead and downloaded the Pokebank to the other 2 because apparently if you don't have it downloaded when it goes free, you can't download it at all.  I think they're making Pokebank free because you have to pay for Pokemon Home premium in order to transfer from the Bank anyway and they'll make more money from that in the long run.

What they haven't explained is whether or not you had to pay for the service at least once for it to work once it goes free.  If you have to pay for it now would be the time to buy a year subscription but if you don't have to pay for it then I can just leave them alone until next March and then use it at my leisure.  I wish they were a little more clear about some of this stuff.  :hmm:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #964 on: February 21, 2022, 04:28:34 PM »
Trying to get my mother's priority test status sorted out is like running in circles on a hamster wheel and just as productive. The hospital thought she had been contacted. She hadn't. The people in the hospital office and one of the doctors have been chasing it up, but only one doctor has control over the list and they're not doing very much right now.

It's been this way for literally everything, from the first vaccine to now. And the govt are taking all isolation regs off on Thursday, a month early with no justification, while people like Mum still don't have any kind of formal protection in place.

It's also been really wet and windy here. The area up by the river is flooded, again. It's an annual February thing now, unfortunately. Apparently it's pretty horrendous over there. I'm glad not to live by a river.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #965 on: February 21, 2022, 10:21:36 PM »
Having trouble with my brand new (bootleg) Dualshock 3 sixaxis controller. I got just about everything working properly. Both DsHidMini and RPCS3's gamepad menu detected it, but in-game, it didn't work at all. Plus, the little lights on the controller have been acting very strange, so that's worrying. I contacted the seller I bought the controller from about it. I really hope I can get it to work properly, but I'm afraid I'm just out of luck. Apparently Windows has issues with Dualshock 3's sixaxis functionality anyways, so I'll probably have to return the controller and look into getting a Dualshock 4 instead. Shame, I was really looking forward to playing Sly 4 tonight. :/

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #966 on: February 22, 2022, 05:36:36 AM »
My head :dizzy:

Both my ears hurt and I'm super dizzy. It's okay sitting down at the computer but when I stand up and move around, it's pretty bad. My ears have been itchy for the last couple of days. My windows are closed and my A/C has a brand new filter so I'm not sure if it's allergies? I hope I don't have a sinus infection. Pushing on my face hurts, so maybe I do have a sinus infection. Great.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 22, 2022, 06:02:12 AM »
Feel better, BC!

Seen some of the pictures of the flooding across the county and wider region. The river is not one that takes any prisoners, at any point in its route.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 22, 2022, 07:54:57 AM »
I hope you feel better soon Black Curtains.  Sinus infections are no fun.

Taffeta, I'm sorry that is happening to your mother.  My dad decided to switch insurances at the beginning of the year because he was convinced that he found something better.  It's been nothing but a hassle for my parents.  My mom didn't want to switch but she went along with it because my dad wanted it so much. 

I had a Amazon gift card that I got for Christmas.  I held on to it for a while trying to decide what I wanted to get.  Last week I finally decided to use it on a item that I had been looking at for a long time and kept telling myself that the next time I ordered I would buy it but never did.  Yesterday another item I had been thinking about getting went in to low stock.  Due to my budget, I feel like I can't buy the 2nd thing right now.  :( 

The bottom number on my blood pressure has been really low (in the 60's) I have an appointment in a couple of weeks. 

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 22, 2022, 08:36:43 AM »
I sent a  pony to Arizona. She's now in Kansas for some reason. I'm not the best at geography but Arizona is far closer to California then Kansas. If these people cost me money because my poor trade partner doesn't receive her, I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and they will not like it!  :enraged:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:57:16 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2022, 09:39:07 AM »
LAW, I'm sure it will get there in the end. Having had the USPS send countless ponies of mine to Canada by mistake before they eventually got here, it'll probably work out all right.

They've sent ponies of mine to Bangladesh and Dubai before, instead of the UK, but they all got here in the end too.

In comparison, Kansas is just a tourist stop, right?

Maybe she wanted to find a way to Oz...

@Ponyfan, thank you and I'm sorry your family have had insurance troubles.

I have a couple of vouchers I need to use too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 22, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »
Got it straightened out . Turns out I was being a dingbat.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:56:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #972 on: February 22, 2022, 10:58:17 AM »
LAW. glad it was straightened out :)

My complaint today is i woke up with energy and after a morning of back to back calls i'm exhausted but i still have work to do.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #973 on: February 22, 2022, 02:58:16 PM »

I took a warm shower and let the water run on my head for a while and I feel better. It helped loosen up my ears. Now my stomach is acting up again. I had like, two days where it didn't bother me.

My new complaint is the damn fruit flies and ants. I was free of both for a while and now the flies are always in my face and the ants keep coming back after I spray. Plus, I found a brand new place where they were coming from. Pest control came by about a week ago and put cockroach gel in my door jams and cupboards and I said I never see any but can you do something about these ants? They said "oh we'll be spraying next month" and I said but I already spray and it doesn't make a difference. And I'm using Raid, not the botanical stuff they use... they didn't seem concerned.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 23, 2022, 09:52:17 AM »
The Internet was out for a long time this morning and just came back on.  I tried to make the best of it but I need the Internet to get on my work website to pick up working days.

Also, I decide to read one of my new books this morning that I hadn't had a chance to read yet since the Internet was out.  When I opened the book I found one of those theft protection tags inside. It's not the first time I've found one in a book but it's been a long time.  It makes me wonder if someone would actually try to steal a book from a bookstore?  I'd like to tear the tag off, but I don't want to risk damaging the book by removing it.

My dad decided to take one of the magazine organizers I bought without asking. :(  I know it shouldn't bother me and I can just buy another one to replace it but it still gets me.  I should be used to it though because my dad takes stuff my mom bought and uses it because he thinks if it's empty it's fair game.     

I'm tired of my dad selecting a movie and then constantly complaining about it afterwards.  I'm not saying he's not allowed to complain but he looks up movie reviews on the Internet and then sets his standards so high that he ends up being disappointed in movie.   Then the next day it's always "That movie didn't make any sense.  It was a dumb movie. Why did I pick that" etc..  I know no one is going to like every movie that they see but I get tired of that every time he picks a movie. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:14:26 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal