collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78297 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2021, 06:18:20 PM »
Wow, that's not cool at all. To even have a fee like that seems criminal :huh:

I've recently had to deal with an overdraft fee that hit me twice for a total of $89. I'm thinking more and more about moving to Chime but I don't know anyone who uses it and it kinda seems too good to be true :huh:

Chime had some bad press recently about closing accounts by mistake for "fraud". so i've been a little weary of them. CaptialOne just got rid of overdraft fees and my partner has been happy with them. i'm not sure about their other fees though. also i'm not sure what happens if you do overdraft.

usually banks let you opt out of overdraft protection but i sometimes automatic payments can still go through. opting out of overdraft would keep you from accidentally making debit or check transactions and overdrawing your account though. banks sell overdraft protection as a benefit but really they just collect massive fees.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »
Yeah, it was two automatic payments that led to the overdraft. They were small too, one for 11-something and the other for 7 bucks but they charged me the $35 fee twice. It really hurt me that month.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2021, 07:03:50 PM »
Definitely not trivial, make sure you have timestamps for whenever it happened if you can, so that someone can track down what happened.
I haven't received a physical copy of my bank statement yet, but I have saved a screenshot from my CU's app just in case. A couple of my friends even want me to press charges, but for just $25, it really isn't worth it. :/ Though, if it happened to me, surely it happened to some others.
Wow, that's not cool at all. To even have a fee like that seems criminal :huh:
I completely agree. Most of my family and friends I talked to about it said that they had never even heard of a bank charging inactivity fees, even those who use the same CU as I do.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2021, 10:46:52 PM »
Why won't these perler beads melt?  :pullhair:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2021, 03:49:02 AM »
Ants! :wail:

Will I ever be free of these things?! :mad:

There were some in the cat food yesterday, I took care of those and sprayed the area. Then last night they were on my desk (still not sure how they get up here). I can never find a trail when they're on the desk so i just emptied my little trash can and sprayed around the bottom of the desk. Now, this morning, they're in the kitchen! I have no idea what they're after either. They're congregating around my paper towel roll..??? At first I thought they found my sugar but it's in an airtight container and there was no activity on/in it. The part of the counter they're on is clean. So I don't know what the heck. I sprayed part of the trail but I have to move all my coffee stuff to get the other half.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 13, 2021, 04:15:51 AM »
My credit union withdrew $25 from my checking account as an "inactivity fee," despite the fact I regularly use it, including the day right before it happened. :enraged: This is probably more than trivial, but I'm so angry about it. They're not open on weekends, so I have to wait 'til tomorrow to call. It's seeming less like an error and more like a worker trying to sneak some extra holiday cash.
YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! That's actual theft!!! Get it sorted ASAP please
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 13, 2021, 08:43:40 AM »

my complaint is that i ordered some candles and a couple of them arrived broken. the glass is completely smashed. i can't even take them out of their boxes without little shards of glass going everywhere. i sent an email asking for a replacement but haven't heard back. usually the customer service there is good but i'm annoyed that shipping is still such a nightmare.

Broken candles aren't fun.  I hope you're able to get a replacement and didn't get hurt on the broken glass.

@Pokeyonekenobie I'm sorry that happened to you.  :(  You coworkers shouldn't think everything in your office is for them to use without your permission. 

@starscout I hope you get the fee sorted out with your credit union. 

I have been completely exhausted since Friday.  My mom thought at first that my body might have used all my B12 from my weekly shot but I got another shot Saturday and still felt exhausted.  I even took a long nap yesterday and still had no energy.  My energy is finally starting to get back up today.

I've been really annoyed with my parents lately especially my dad.  He complains sometimes at meals that my mom and I get done faster than him.  Yesterday when my mom said it was time for I went in the kitchen to sit down.  I watched my dad continue to do things in the kitchen for several minutes while my mom and I sat at the table ready to eat.  If I did that I'd be told to sit down and eat because it's mealtime but my dad can do it and then he wonders why he's the last to finish eating. 

Also my dad became frustrated when he decided he wanted to buy another small elephant statue that we got a few years ago at Target because he couldn't find it on the website.  I tried to tell him that it might be something that they still sell in the store but that it might not be on the website.

He also keeps asking me about how to get a word processing program for his friend.  I wouldn't mind that so much but his friend doesn't want to put a computer online which I think is the only way to get software now since most packages just contain a code of some kind and not physical discs.

Also got some paperwork today that I think is going to be more complicated than it needs to be to fill out and send back.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 13, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »
Am trying to sew part of a Christmas gift for a friend. I am by no means good at it, but I’m willing to try!
Cue an hour of me screaming at the machine because it wouldn’t work and my own lack of sewing knowledge making errors, and then when I finally got everything ready in working order…it’s time to pack up because I have to go to work.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #728 on: December 13, 2021, 03:07:41 PM »
I'm so stressed out. I literally just pulled out a massive clump of hair. :cloud:

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2021, 03:21:19 PM »
The weather is bringing me down. It keeps on getting up into the 70s. I know most people would be happy, but I'm a cold weather lover. Whenever it gets up into the 70s, it brings the insects back out and also the afternoon sun warms up my room.

Winters have warmed up so much where I live, but even before now, the 70s would hit maybe every week and a half or so, but now it's like every few days we're hitting the 70s.

I don't think I need to express how troublesome 70s can be in the winter after what happened with that horrible tornado outbreak a few days ago. This is December, the weather is supposed to be chilly and peaceful. =(

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2021, 07:16:35 PM »
I can't sleep. Both my mind and body are fighting me. My brain is thinking of things I need to do tomorrow and my body is sore and my RLS is acting up.

I think I'll make some chamomile tea and take a muscle relaxer. That should calm things down.

edit: Well my plan worked! I got almost 9 hours sleep :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 06:26:29 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 14, 2021, 06:36:28 AM »
I thought we would actually have a relatively white Christmas this year, but it looks like it's gotten a little warmer now and some of the snow is already melting :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #732 on: December 14, 2021, 07:11:39 AM »
the weather is definitely changing. the weather is more extreme. it freezes and then it's in the 80s. but overall it's warmer. and it's kind of gross that the local news acts like warm winters are something to be happy about because people can go outside more. climate change is a bad thing! also apparently there are more mosquitos here so that's fun for being outside.

also one of the drawers on my dresser is broken and i kind of want to buy a new one. but i also don't want to spend the money to replace it. maybe i'll try to fix it. i'm not at all handy but i can try.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #733 on: December 14, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »
Oh yeah, climate change is definitely real and bad. I just saw on the local news here that we were above average and way above average in temp this last week. One day almost broke a record. It's been in the mid to high 80s. And yeah, Florida is sub tropical and supposed to be warm all year round, but usually during this time, the locals are all wearing jackets while the tourists are swimming in the ocean. That's not happening. Plus all the manatees are starving to death because the warmer waters killed off the seagrass. But this is a little OT.

--

My hand and wrist hurt but I can't find my brace.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #734 on: December 14, 2021, 03:33:09 PM »
My computer informs me it's 11 degrees celsius here right now.
It's December. That's a good 5 or 6 degrees too high at least o.O.

The poor plants are so confused outside. Some are flowering and shedding leaves at the same time :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal