collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77499 times)

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1005 on: March 03, 2022, 10:20:24 PM »
Trued toasting pancakes. Tripped the socket fuse. Had to restart PC & try toasting pancakes under the grill. Result: burnt pancakes
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1006 on: March 04, 2022, 04:19:11 AM »
My power went off today too, twice. I heard a noise outside, maybe one of the A/C units? I know my neighbor was having problems with hers for a while, it was smoking one night :crazy:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1007 on: March 06, 2022, 09:37:25 AM »
My cat bit me again -_-

I was brushing her and cutting out mats in her fur. I wanted to give her a bath with bathing wipes. Everything was going fine until I brushed her tail. She cried out and bit my finger. I don't know why??? I've brushed and washed her tail many times. Maybe she didn't expect it? She was relaxed and purring before that. This new bite is on my other hand, the lower part of my index finger, which is also where she bit me on the left hand. The old wound is healing okay but my hand is still red and now it's very itchy. I'm assuming the new bite will become infected too. I see a doctor on the 10th.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 06, 2022, 02:14:35 PM »
^ Ouch!  :huh: It might be a surprise to her, she doesn’t like it or she has a pain in her tail…  :wonder: Can you normally touch his tail? Stroking it or lightly flattening the entire tail between your hands (I don’t mean pulling, of course.)?
Fortunately, you no longer have to wait many days to see a doctor.  :)

---

The store had pretty empty shelves in the canned food department. I guess people have started hoarding food. Although at least there is no reason for that yet…  :| I myself bought a large canister of water, toilet paper and cat food which I plan to put in the basement.  :rolleyes: It is not known what kind of summer is coming again. Heat or storms.  :rolleyes:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1009 on: March 07, 2022, 05:30:34 AM »
^ Ouch!  :huh: It might be a surprise to her, she doesn’t like it or she has a pain in her tail…  :wonder: Can you normally touch his tail? Stroking it or lightly flattening the entire tail between your hands (I don’t mean pulling, of course.)?
Fortunately, you no longer have to wait many days to see a doctor.  :)

I think I just caught her off guard. Or maybe the brush was pulling? I know she has arthritis, she might have it in her tail. Later on I was able to brush out part of it, but she walked away before I could finish. I'll try again today. I think I'll wrap her in a blanket this time though.

---

In other news, I definitely have a sinus infection. I'm hoping to get some antibiotics and steroids from the doctor. That will hopefully take care of all my issues. She's not my regular doctor. I couldn't get in soon enough for my regular doctor, so this is the other doctor in the same building. She was actually my sister's doctor. But anyway, my entire head hurts. I'm having a hard time sleeping because I'm in a lot of pain.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 05:36:58 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1010 on: March 07, 2022, 08:16:59 AM »
Mum and Dad had a letter from the internet provider, who also provides our television package, about the changes to the service as regards the fact our existing package is no longer available and has been replaced. We knew this 18 months ago but they told us then to do nothing about it, so we didn't. Till now, this nonexistent package has still been functioning. However, they chose RIGHT NOW to decide that we needed to resolve this.

I am working remotely till the end of march. I am contracted to teach classes which cannot be done without a functioning internet connection. Our internet connection IS FINE. So I told Mum very explicitly before she called them DO NOT CHANGE THE INTERNET.

Next thing I know Dad is coming upstairs to tell me we're getting a new router.  I'm like, WHAT? So it turns out that Mum 'didn't realise' that was the same as changing the internet, we're getting a new speed and new router delivered ON THE NINTH.

I teach ON THE TENTH. If this doesn't work, I AM SCREWED in a big way.  And yet Mum is all like, well, I didn't realise, I don't know what else I could've done about it.

And I'm like, what part of DON'T CHANGE THE INTERNET didn't get through?

It's true that the router will have to be fitted by me, and I flat out refuse to do that until I'm done teaching, just in case. But although the internet people say the change of speed won't make a difference to the existing router's ability to connect, I'm wary of these people. They aren't always right about things like this. And I have way too much resting on it.

So I now have a nervous 3 day wait to find out if I can even teach my class on Thursday. I don't have a backup. My phone data is not enough to tether that and run the class from that as a backup. There's literally no other place I can go for internet access where I can actually teach a class - even if we were going out massively, which we're going to start going out a bit more but not like that.

I am so annoyed about this because we had agreed to go talk to the people in person about everything except sorting out the bill (they were charging us for a bigger package we don't need) in April after my contract ends.

But no, apparently all this has to be done in the month when I'm still working, at a time when I LEAST need disruption to the internet, in any sense of the word whatsoever.

I wonder if they would've paid more attention if my sister had been here trying to work from home. Dad was all like, well, you should be all right, hopefully...and I'm like, hopefully doesn't help.

In the meantime, did they get any of the other issues fixed that we actually have with our television subscription. NO. So the only thing that really got changed, aside the bill issue, was the one thing I asked to have left alone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:19:09 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1011 on: March 07, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »
my complaint is also parent related. i don't know if it's because it's been a long time since I lived with my parents but every time I visit they seem a little weirder and drive me a little crazy. they refuse to watch tv shows that are in rerun on a streaming service. instead they watch on regular tv and when commercials come on they either mute or change the channel. sometimes they forget to unmute or will just change the channel while the show is still on because boredom I guess. so once i get a little invested in whatever we're watching they change the channel. i try putting my headphones on and listening to something else but then they start talking to me. they don't care if i'm listening to something else. i want to spend time with them but the constant channel changing drives me crazy. i even asked them not to change the channel and pick one thing to watch but my request was ignored.

when i was a teenager i had my own tv so we didn't watch a lot of tv as a family but i don't remember them doing that.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1012 on: March 07, 2022, 01:52:32 PM »
So, in addendum to the above, this whole day has just been one crazy after another. Mum ended up calling this company four times and after (I thought) we'd made the whole situation resolved (to not start until April), now she's decided she wants to cancel all the changes and go back to the package they were already being put on.

So with that, all of today could've been avoided and settled after my contract ends at the end of March.

A totally stressful day for no reason.

...And none of the actual tech problems resolved yet.

I love my parents but seriously. Sigh.

@Beth, we have TV that lets us record live TV, so I've got into the habit of fastforwarding commercial breaks. Although I sometimes watch live TV, on the BBC there are no adverts (yet) so if I watch something on the Iplayer (BBC streaming) there are no ads. It means I tend to be a lot less tolerant of ads than I used to be.

Frequent channel changing would be very stressful though :( I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It's hard to get into something if the next moment it's on something else.

My Mum does actually watch TV like that sometimes, but only when on her own. On a Saturday she'll flip between two other shows and the football scores quite often. But I have my own TV and she never does this when Dad is watching with her. Although Dad tends to fall asleep when they're watching things. There are some films he claims he's never seen because every time they watch it he sleeps.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 07, 2022, 02:45:27 PM »
A co-worker told me not to be so judgy because I couldn't find the AV cart in the check-in area so I left the DVD on the counter.  I didn't say ANYTHING other than, "I can't find the cart so I'll just leave this here" so they could put it away with any other AV that was coming in.  If I was judgy I'd have said something like "Looks like you guys are too lazy to start a new cart."  And when she did point out where the cart was, it was outside the check-in area and the only thing on it was the DVD I'd brought in so it looks to me like they didn't even HAVE an AV cart when I was looking for it.

I'm really getting tired of this particular co-worker calling me judgy every time I open my mouth.  I'm going to stop talking to her altogether and see if that solves the problem.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 07, 2022, 03:35:54 PM »
Pokeyonekenobie, your co-worker sounds very judgy IMO

I've tried to get them to record shows. They have YouTubeTV streaming for TV now so i'm not sure if they can record. sometimes it doesn't allow fast forwarding which is super annoying. I don't like commercials but i can either tune them out or i make fun of them because they're goofy. the channel changing is what really bothers me and i've tried to get them to record shows or just watch streaming services. they have HBO with their internet and amazon prime but i think they feel like watching reruns on streaming is too much effort. they say they don't like reruns but then they watch them. they had Netflix for a while but my mom said she could never find anything to watch. i think she had trouble using the search. so they canceled it. yeah i love them but the longer I live away from them the more i notice the quirkiness. they're moving closer to where I live now so i'll be able to see them more. maybe i'll be able to tune out some of their strange habits. i just worry that they're in the house all them time because of covid. i think they're getting more antisocial and i'm hoping to get them out of the house more after they move. even if it's just to the grocery store or the park.

my parents have a tendency to assume that I like whatever they like and neglect to ask what I want. i sometimes think they forget i'm not in my 70s! sometimes they'll ask my partner what he wants to eat or watch. but generally they assume they don't need to ask what i want. sometimes i do speak up but when i was younger i pretty much had to watch whatever they liked. i have a half sister but she's much older than me and i didn't have any siblings in the house growing up so i didn't really get to watch stuff others kids my age watched. i watched cartoons of course but evening tv watching was up to my parents. so usually news (FYI not great for kids. i learned about diseases and war way too early) and tv shows they liked. which weren't bad I guess. there were not as many options back then.

it was less that they were trying to shelter me and more that they didn't want to watch shows they didn't really like just because i wanted to watch. this led to some embarrassments like me not knowing a lot of pop culture stuff from the late 80s - mid 90s. i didn't know that Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson were siblings and got laughed at.
:drunk:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 07, 2022, 04:00:18 PM »
My complaint is also about my parents.   I was sick this morning.  Last night I ate something that didn't taste right and instead of not finishing it I went ahead and ate it.  I think this is part of the reason that I was sick earlier.  When that happened to my mom a few weeks my dad sad that it was because something she ate didn't taste right (She was the only one to get sick from the food that night).  When I told my mom that I was and just wanted a couple of pieces of toast for breakfast she said that I made myself sick due to worrying about an upcoming drs appointment.  I'm not denying that might have been a factor, but I also mentioned the food that tasted off.

I feel like my parents don't listen to what I say or want a lot of the time either.  My mom is bad about only hearing the first couple of words and then asking me to repeat what I said even though I hadn't finished my sentence yet. 

I like most of the shows that my mom likes but my dad likes a lot of shows that I don't.  I tried to talk to my mom that I often feel like I have to wait until my parents are gone or I'm in room to watch what I like and her response was "you get to pick what we watch every 3 weeks."

I tried to watch TV with the neighbor once and she constantly changed the channels to different movies every few minutes too.  She's very self centered and only things about what she wants and doesn't consider how others might feel about it.  She's said some really mean things to me in the past and when I told my mom about she told that the "neighbor didn't know any better and  I just had to deal with it."

My dad changes the channel a lot too especially if sports is on (he doesn't like sports) or the news doesn't come on right on time.

My grandparents thought they had to mute the TV and turn the closed captioning on while they were on the phone so they could hear.  After they ended the call they would sometimes forget to turn the sound back on and the closed captioning was always delayed with what was being spoken on screen. So you would see their moves move and could tell the closed captioning was behind.  I hated watching TV that way. 

@Taffeta, I'm sorry you had a stressful day.

@BlackCurtains I hope you feel better soon.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1016 on: March 08, 2022, 07:15:19 AM »
My parents are the opposite. They watch the same things over and over. My mom also hates commercials and will switch channels when she's watching regular TV, but usually she's good at going back to the original show. She mostly watches Netflix though which doesn't have ads. I like to watch with captions on but my mom doesn't like it. We usually watch movies when I go over there. My dad watches Animal Planet, the Western channel and *sigh* Fox News. That's it.

I feel awful today. This is the worst I've felt in a while. I slept in until 9 and I normally get up at around 6. I feel a little better after taking some pain reliver but my head is roaring. My ears hurt so much.

The fruit flies are back and there were ants in the kitchen and on my desk. But I got new sticky traps for the flies which work really well attached to the vinegar traps, so I'm not too worried about them. I did find where the ants were coming from in the kitchen and sprayed, but there were stragglers on the counter and I had to move all my coffee stuff.

@everyone, sorry your parents and co-workers are causing troubles for you guys.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:17:21 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 08, 2022, 10:54:37 AM »
Discord is broken: AGAIN!!! It's happened before but at least that time I knew what was happening & got updates on its progress. But recently they changed it so log-ins are no longer automatic & I have to log in TWICE on the browser every time I open it. I love the sharky Discord I'm on in particular, & have a load of people there I connect to, & we all have fun times, some of which have gone in What Made Me Smile here. Being without access to that Discord is hard for me...

I know it's a first world problem, but that place being inaccessible is like losing the Arena. It's my community, & I've grown very fond of it...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 08, 2022, 01:21:09 PM »
amazon web services had yet another outage. again bad idea to put all of these large internet services on a single platform. spotify was also down. this time i just couldn't log in. it seems to be working now though.

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 08, 2022, 03:07:18 PM »
Yep, Discord wasn't dead for long

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal