collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 252034 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #2100 on: February 14, 2023, 08:45:15 AM »
My Poinsettia plant and I had a disagreement today about what book we were going to play on my firetablet audible xD.

The tablet lives on the unit where the plant also lives. Poinsettia plants, as I've said before, have very textured leaves. It's not the first time I've started an audiobook and put the tablet on the unit, only for the plant to stop it.

Today, however, the plant didn't just stop my book, she twice chose to play a different book, and then once opened up the main audible shop page on a later volume of a book series I've been listening to.

The funniest part of it is that both the books she 'chose' are in the same genre as the one I wanted to listen to ;) I swear she knows o.O

...I think it's time she had her own audible account...;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2101 on: February 15, 2023, 03:08:41 AM »
This was so much fun, I had to laugh. Last week on facebook our local grocery store announced that they would have a single mingle with bubbly drinks on monday the 13th between like 5 and 7 pm. If one took a red basket, one is single and a black basket meant hands off. I told my hubby about it and said to him if he goes shopping monday, make sure to use a black basket.

Monday comes along, he goes shopping in the evening, comes home. Tuesday comes along.. wednesday he reads about the single mingle in the local newspaper and tells me bout it and I said I know, I told you about it last week, remember? He didn't remember. He had also missed all the signs and carried a read basket! XD A girl had come up to talk to him and he was weirded off, he had headphones on so he doesn't know what she said. He had just ignored her and wandered off doing his business. Now he knows why she approached tho! I think it's hillarious! :haha:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 17, 2023, 10:44:24 PM »
I got permission to use a line from a song on a limited run piece of artwork.  The copyright owners aren't going to charge me a royalty fee, either, probably because it's only going to be available for purchase at local craft shows and I'm only making 30 of them.  But at least now I can sell them without possibly getting into trouble, and since it's a line from a church song (from a very abundant religion in my area), potential purchasers will recognize it as copyrighted material.

Yay for being a responsible artist.  :art:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 18, 2023, 11:51:16 AM »
^ That's awesome!

Tsum Tsum vinyl blind bags are in stores again! Most of the figures are just re-releases, but thanks to that I was finally able to get the mini Stitch figure that's been eluding me for years! Soooo good to finally tie up that loose end :)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2104 on: February 20, 2023, 06:23:34 PM »
I shaved my head! :frolic: It feels so much better! I sweat from my head a lot for some reason. My head, face and the back of my knees are always the first to start, I don't really sweat anywhere else. I got tired of having wet hair all the time.

I shaved my head before but I think I used the number 4 guard. This time I used the 2.

Before and after!

Spoiler

You can see my scar really well now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: February 21, 2023, 06:22:21 PM »
I shaved my head! :frolic: It feels so much better! I sweat from my head a lot for some reason. My head, face and the back of my knees are always the first to start, I don't really sweat anywhere else. I got tired of having wet hair all the time.

I shaved my head before but I think I used the number 4 guard. This time I used the 2.

Before and after!

Spoiler

Looks good! Shaved hair suits you well! :ohyeah: It was also nice to see what you look like! :hug: :heart:

(I struggle with my hair. I have a problematic scalp and I hate washing my hair. I would like to have really long hair, but then it is always in a knot and the length does not make it easy to wash at all. Now I've had shoulder-length hair for a long time, but it's always tied back with a hair band. I have also often thought about shaving my head completely, but I haven't dared yet and no one else in my family likes the idea.)

--
3 deer visit our yard every day and they are quite tame. :heart: Even if I go to the front door to stand, they don't run away, but look back at me in wonder. :lol: The hares always visit at night. I feed them apples and oats.
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2106 on: February 22, 2023, 06:53:31 AM »
Looks good! Shaved hair suits you well! :ohyeah: It was also nice to see what you look like! :hug: :heart:

Thank you! I always had really long hair, one time it was long enough for me to sit on :shocked: but it's so much work. And living in Florida it just gets ruined. If I lived somewhere colder I might grow it out again. And thanks :blush:

Sorry you struggle with your hair :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2107 on: March 06, 2023, 05:19:41 AM »
I got my check :frolic: Remember the disability lawyer I hired? I used all my savings to pay the retainer and he took my case up to District Court and dropped it? I thought he kept all my money but I got a call from the firms bookkeeper who said she was sending me a check for the amount minus what they used to get records and mail stuff, etc. They only used about $200 out of $3500 so I got this hefty check here :D Most of it is going back into my savings, but I'll be able to buy a new box spring and the upright bike I've had my eye on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2108 on: March 06, 2023, 05:08:20 PM »
I got my check :frolic: Remember the disability lawyer I hired? I used all my savings to pay the retainer and he took my case up to District Court and dropped it? I thought he kept all my money but I got a call from the firms bookkeeper who said she was sending me a check for the amount minus what they used to get records and mail stuff, etc. They only used about $200 out of $3500 so I got this hefty check here :D Most of it is going back into my savings, but I'll be able to buy a new box spring and the upright bike I've had my eye on.

nice!

the weather is actually nice here. the wildflowers should bloom soon. i love bluebonnet season.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 06, 2023, 05:09:58 PM »

:sunny: Great!
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 07, 2023, 04:06:35 AM »
FINALLY some good news!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 09, 2023, 05:34:24 PM »
My daughter got OSHA certified.  I'm so proud of her!  :green: :hearts:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2112 on: March 11, 2023, 10:01:22 AM »
LAW, congrats to your daughter!!

i meant to post about this a few days back so technically not a today thing. they're finally putting in a traffic light at the entrance to my neighborhood! i live near a highway with a speed limit of 65mph. a lot of people go much faster. they put lights at several intersections and have finally made their way down to my neighborhood. the lights also slow people down. i don't know why people drive so fast!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2113 on: March 12, 2023, 08:34:03 AM »
Congrats to your daughter, LAW :)

My rent is going down starting next month, not by much, just $15 but still!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 12, 2023, 05:21:06 PM »

Before and after!

Spoiler

I got my head shaved as well! I don't take pictures but my scalp feels super sensitive for some reason, like it's going 'it's cooolllldddd' despite the fact that feeling usually vanishes by the next day. Feels good, though! Even if the worst part is getting rid of all the teeny little bits of hair afterwards -_-

EDIT: Sorry my head is shaved to the skin, they use a pair of clippers to get rid of most of the hair and use a really nippy pair of trimmers that actually hurts quite a bit of the time to REALLY get rid of the fuzz. The skin usually has some fine stubble by the next day because hair is like that ¬_¬ There is still a strip of short hair in the middle as a trimmed mohawk that stands on its own
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 05:23:39 PM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal