collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Bronies"documentary on Netflix...  (Read 10893 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Bronies"documentary on Netflix...
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »
I really don't care to see the whole thing honestly and it's all based on the animated short.

It's setup as 'Pony University' - (remind me never to go that university).

Can you say, pretentious...Presenting yourself as MLP History University professor and not knowing the facts about the brand and only have the ability to research the brand of MLP by what newbies tell you...that's insulting, especially in a documentary.

Speaking of 'wildly inaccurate,' I would enjoy seeing that professor hauled out in handcuffs for inappropriate sexual behavior in front of the students! I'm about 90% sure that if any actual professor started talking about the subject that deLancie's original character did, they'd be strongly reprimanded at the very least. XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
I don't have netflix but there is a Brony Chronicles documentary on youtube. It wasn't awful. I still stand by my opinion that I don't really care for the anime style of the FiM cartoon, but the stories are wonderful and entertaining.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
I don't have netflix but there is a Brony Chronicles documentary on youtube. It wasn't awful. I still stand by my opinion that I don't really care for the anime style of the FiM cartoon, but the stories are wonderful and entertaining.
Sorry to be pedantic, but FIM is not anime style in slightest.  It was never made with anime in mind, and was never intended to be.

No offense, just needed to get that out there.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 04:15:51 PM »
Sorry to be pedantic, but FIM is not anime style in slightest.  It was never made with anime in mind, and was never intended to be.

Was the poster saying anime as in Japan style anime or did they mean to abbreviate animation? Because when I read it I thought the comment meant how the cartoon animation looked, but I could be wrong.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

Was the poster saying anime as in Japan style anime or did they mean to abbreviate animation? Because when I read it I thought the comment meant how the cartoon animation looked, but I could be wrong.
That is possible, if I jumped in without thinking, I appologise - I tend to do that.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal