collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are You A Good or Bad Pony Auction Looser?  (Read 8751 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Are You A Good or Bad Pony Auction Looser?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »
If it's something I really wanted, I get a little whiney but I don't really throw a tantrum.  Actually, I usually have the opposite problem - I tend to overbid and then hope someone outbids me so I don't have to pay for it.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
If I don't win an auction I usually assume that it wasn't meant to be and that the money I saved not winning will be needed for something more important coming up. Sometimes it's the same item at a better price. Usually that's the case too! I do get bummed at first when I lose, but I move on quick.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:13:16 PM by Brandi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »
For me it depends on how I lost the auction.

If the pony goes for more money than I'm willing to put down (like Highlights very recently...) then I shrug and move on. I'm content waiting for the right deal, and I've had some very good ones, so I know they'll come eventually.

However, if I see an auction that's ending at a time I won't be around, or when I'll be sleeping or something, come back to it and see that it ended for way LESS than I would have bid - well, that makes me rage a little :P Especially, if it's when I'm sleeping and I don't make myself get up to watch the end. That's just... ugh. No one's fault but my own, I know, but very irritating. Why do I do that? lol

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
I don't bid on ponies often due to undisclosed flaws.  Its happened to me enough times to not want to take the chance anymore.  I only buy from people who really describe things well and for the most part I quit buying ponies for myself just recently. I don't think I would be a bad loser because these ponies show up again and again...at least the ones I like..so its worth the wait to get a better price for me.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »
It depends. If it was something I put a last-minute bid on, and I lose, then hey ho nevermind.

However...if it is an auction I've been watching for days and days, and I've saved the end date and set alarms on my phone and reallreallyREALLY need the pony and I lose, well, then I strop. Proper pouting, foot-stomping, chair-kicking strop. :lmao:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »
If it's something I really wanted, I get a little whiney but I don't really throw a tantrum.  Actually, I usually have the opposite problem - I tend to overbid and then hope someone outbids me so I don't have to pay for it.  :)

Most of the time I'm like this. Buyer's remorse.

It depends. If it was something I put a last-minute bid on, and I lose, then hey ho nevermind.

However...if it is an auction I've been watching for days and days, and I've saved the end date and set alarms on my phone and reallreallyREALLY need the pony and I lose, well, then I strop. Proper pouting, foot-stomping, chair-kicking strop. :lmao:

But then I'm also like this too! XD
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
I usually dont care especially if its something really expensive but like earlier for example I missed out on a complete G1 UK kitchen and I missed out by 0.50p AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH *stamps about*   :scared: :scared: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
I get mad for a minute, then I move on.  Usually I forget about the auction and consequently forget to bid.  :P  So I can't get too upset about it, lol.

But I do get annoyed when I do remember and get outbid.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
I'd maybe be really dissapointed if it was a FiM custom or plush, or a really rare pony like Mimic or Rapunzel.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Rococo

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
I never get into bidding wars lol. I try to keep my best bids for last but I'll only go about $1-5 (depending on the total cost of the item) above my max bid if I really, really want that item.

I feel sad if I lose a bid on something I really wanted but I get over it pretty quick!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
I really don't mind being outbid; it just means that the pony sold for more than I wanted to pay, and I'll wait for another opportunity.  But I'll admit that I can get huffy and sulky if I just miss an auction or forget to bid.

You'll have to tell us if you get this item, 'Cat, and what it is.  :)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Rococo

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
Yes, the worst is forgetting entirely about an auction you really wanted part of until after it ends. Way worse feeling than losing a bid IMO.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
I generally move on pretty quickly.  I think to myself that it's XXX dollars fewer that I have to pay this week, and another one will show up for sale soon enough.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »

I'm usually pretty philosophical when I miss out...  I might pout if I was outbid by a tiny amount, but then again, you can never really be sure if that winning bid was an autobid or not, so if I had put another bid on, would it just go on and on etc and be worth it?

I have got rather grumpy over a couple of overseas auctions though... there was a baby honeycomb (who I WANT so badly) in Germany... I'd asked the seller if they'd ship abroad and never heard back so didn't bid. The darn thing went for like 3 or 4 euro or something ridiculous!!! I spat a few curses that day!!

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
I think I'm a good loser. I use a sniping program. I put in my maximum bid and then just forget about it. It means I never forget to bid. If I lose, it's because it was more than I was willing to pay, so no worries there, someone else obviously wanted it more. Even if I only lose by 50c who knows how high their maximum was and I don't want to get into a bidding war. If I win, the program emails me to let me know. No fuss, no stress.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal