collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Valuable Childhood Ponies in Your Collection?  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Valuable Childhood Ponies in Your Collection?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
I have piggy snuzzle. And i thought she was a fakie until i joined the arena ;D

Offline Marian

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/meldes/
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »
I grew up in argentina and borned in 1985, so you can imagine!
One of my first toys were 4 little ponies that my father bought me when I was 4: yellow peachy with orange hair, dark blue baby sparkler, shy pose wind whistler and baby sunnybunch.
During the years my grandmother also made me a little pony collection, she gave me sugarberries, felicidades, baby moondancer, confetti and baby gusty as gift. Last 3 to come were shy pose tuneful, lickety split and baby snippy . I didn't have any idea that argie ponies were so valuable until I decided to collect my little ponies a few years ago so I lost some of my  childhood originals (I only kept sugarberries, gusty, moondancer, confetti and snippy) but then I could recover them thanks to ebay and the arena  :)
I almost sell sugarberries years ago, a lady offered me $100 for her and I said, no way! It's a grandma's gift! now that I think about it, thank god I said no! lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That is so awesome! I'm drooling over your yellow w/ orange hair Peachy/Snuzzle!

He thanks sweetie! I had luck being born here lol. On the 80's you could only find argie ponies around there, I clearly remember seeing the toyshops full of arco iris ponies and playsets. A few years later, around 90's when top toys closed Hong Kong ponies started get the old argie's space

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »
Cool thread! 

I have a Baby Princess Sparkle and buggy that I remember buying at the toy store in the mall!  I also still have my Blueberry Baskets and, although it isn't a pony, my original lavender Dream Castle with the original accessories minus one goblet!  It was my only playset that survived multiple moves and yard sales!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
Ooo, well, the lavender Dream Castle is a good one to keep!  I remember seeing it in Wal-Mart back in the day and thinking, "They messed it up!  The Dream Castle is supposed to be pink!"  So I didn't even ask for one.  Now I wish I hadn't been quite such a pony purist, lol!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 04:10:46 AM »
I had Fireball when I was little and even though my collection was donated to charity when I was a teenager I kept him... but I don't know where he went :( I kept him in my box of memories with Applejack but they disappeared *shrug* I had some of the seven tales characters and a couple other Euro ponies as well

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:26 AM »
Spanish Tex. Got him while we were on vacation in Spain.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:03 AM »
Ooo, well, the lavender Dream Castle is a good one to keep!  I remember seeing it in Wal-Mart back in the day and thinking, "They messed it up!  The Dream Castle is supposed to be pink!"  So I didn't even ask for one.  Now I wish I hadn't been quite such a pony purist, lol!

I had always wanted Dream Castle and finally got it when it was reissued c. 1989.  It came in the same box as the original, so when I opened it, I remember saying "OH NO!"  I was a purist too!  But I got used it and it was so much fun.  Too bad I sent it to the Salvation Army in high school . . .

I had probably 25+ ponies as a child but no rares except for a FF Peachy that a friend gave me (which I considered too dumpy b/c she was leaning over so much) and MO Lil' Tot.  I liked the ponies that now it seems everyone else liked, as they are super common!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:36 AM »
I never got any really special ponies as a child. But i do know that my first pony who was SkyDancer was an Italy one and my second pony was a Blossom with scratches and thus for me very special because of the factory flaw...

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
not really that rare but i had/have a few wingers, a dream beauty, and a few sweetheart sisters. oh and kingsley! I ALMOST had the wedding set, boys and accessories and all, but i went with Twirler and a few other ponies instead....  *bangs head on desk*  stupid kid me!
I did get a batch of ponies from a friend and she had kept all the ribbons and the box to the showstable.  no missing parts for her!  I got so many baby accessories and other such awesome things I would have never had otherwise!  ^__^  so yeah not really rare, just sought after i guess.
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »
I had Rapunzel as a kid. She didn't get played with much. I remember sending off for her and waiting what seem like forever to get her back.

I had tons of ponies as a kid. But most got thrown away by my step dad by accident. We were moving and I had all my toys in this huge bag and he thought it was trash. I don't have many but I do have a few ponies from my childhood. Most came from my aunt as she had them.  Rapunzel was one of the ponies that got tossed. I remember crying for days cause I loved my ponies so much.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
No "rare" or "special" ponies per se, but I wouldn't trade my original ponies for anything, even my poor Blossom with her DMC floss tail.

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
I can't remember most but I'm pretty sure I had Leaper, Edgar, the mermaid babies, and there's a big possiblity that I had mimic because my mom & grandma bought me every pony with green colors because it was my favorite color & twinkle eyes were also a favorite. 

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 11:58:46 AM »
My only one that's even close is White Cap, the sea pony, with her shell.  I don't know how rare she is, but she sure has gone up in price.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
well I have three Italians they're not overly valuable but worth more than most of my other childhood ponies had no idea they were Italians till I joined the arena 

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 06:52:16 AM »
Most of my childhood ponies are Europeans so I guess they are kinda valuable,but this one takes the cake - my Reverse Baby Candy ^^ I only found out 2 years ago that she was special :)

oh, and this was her mom :)

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal